1.24.2012

{ boots + brollies }




{ miu miu hat (yep, i just had to buy it), david yurman earrings + necklace (on loan for a shoot, but i couldn't resist test driving them myself!), halston heritage trench (last seen HERE), opening ceremony sweater (similar HERE), gifted joie elephant print shirt, vintage polkadot skirt, anya hindmarch bag (last seen at fashion week) navy hue tights, bottega veneta boots (recently seen HERE), samsonite umbrella }


yesterday was gloomy and grey ~ meaning of course that i was expected all over town, with hiding out in bed a definite non-option. whenever that happens, i'm grateful for the day i decided to invest in a pair of rainboots pretty enough for meetings ~ and an umbrella to match! speaking of these kicks, i recently wore the same pair HERE, but do you also remember them from way back when?!

and below, some ideas for how you can get the look right now, should you be so inclined:

GREY: buckled hunter boots and marc by marc jacobs panther print umbrella // ORANGE: hunter lace-up boots and shed rain umbrella // BLACK: juicy couture boots and swaine adeney brigg umbrella // BROWN: timberland boots and marc by marc jacobs animal print umbrella


85 comments:

Jen said...

I love how you always manage to come up with new and absolutely fresh colour combinations every time, resulting in an always stylish but never "trendy" look. Thank you for the constant inspiration!

Happy Monday!
xox
Jen

indulgenceissimple said...

Love all the boots!
-Catherine
www.indulgenceissimple.blogspot.com

The Fancy Teacup said...

That chic outfit is sure to brighten up any girls rainy day. x

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Brandi said...

Your rain boots are amazing.

Habiba. J said...

I love this, everything about it screams fun and energetic. The print on print is just perfect and I can't believe you bought the Miu Miu hat, I wanted it so bad, it looks amazing on you. As always, you look so stylish and love this shoot. If you get a chance do check out my blog, I have interesting fashion posts you might love to read.

www.thegirlinredheels.com

Anna said...

Cute outfit and pictures!

http://dirtysexylaundry.blogspot.com/

Mary Ann said...

Heh, i love the blue...gorgeous gorgeous!

Kelly said...

So presh!! I love the boots - never thought rain boots could look so..not like rain boots.

xoxo
http://pinkiesandbracelets.blogspot.com/

Bri said...

Your colorful boots and mixing prints is brilliant, one of my all time favorites!

Of course you need to test drive products, just in case and that goes for earrings too!

Casey said...

This post is the cutest! Love your boots, a lot a lot.

Best,
Casey
Girl in the Poodle Shoes

Unknown said...

I really love those blue boots with the stacked heel, especially in the first ever post you wore them in! Oh and I LOVE that hat!

-nico

www.SatinandSalt.com

ediot said...

this is such a great outfit and i love the photos,
you look fantastic!
xx

FashionFlirt said...

These photos are so amazing, love it!

Check out our new post if you like:

http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.com/

kisses, Jasmin

xx said...

super cute xx

My Grandpa's Closet said...

supppppper cute/looove

from the girls @
http://mygrandpascloset.com

foodie said...

I thought the hat was a little tricky to wear after seeing the promotional picture but you totally nailed it. :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea to match rainboots and umbrella! Need to invest in a pretty pair too

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

everlightly said...

LOVE the fun photos
great boots

<3
pia

http://everlightly.blogspot.com/

MissKait said...

i swear your looks are the most darling.
i love that coat for sure.
you look so cute

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl

modelovers said...

Oh... the Coat and the dress are amazing! Fantastic Look!

Tanja

www.modelovers.com

Unknown said...

this is such a pretty combo! <3


la tiquismiquis
http://tqsm.blogspot.com

SAMANTHA said...

so cute! i really like your umbrella! :)



www.dragonnfruit.com

marcela said...

I love wearing rain boots ...
yours are cool
http://urbanprettygirl.blogspot.com/

Style Footprints said...

I love umbrellas with the hook at the end. I actually live pretty umbrellas oddly enough- I think it's the silhouette they make. You've great style as always by the way!

Www.stylefootprints.blogspot.com
Check out my outfit post if you get a chance.

Kathrina Wojtala said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

love this look! your dress is absolutely adorable and so is the hat :)

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

Sarah Sekaran said...

A lovely rainy day look! I love how you manage to look so stylish and put together no matter what the weather is. ;)

keepcalmandcarrylipstick.blogspot.com

Vanessa - PureGlam.tv said...

Beautiful pictures and great selection of boots - hard to find a favorite...

Tanja - PureGlam.tv or via Facebook-Page

jas said...

cute outfit and photos. i love how your boots match your umbrella

http://jas-tidbits.blogspot.com/

Suzi Maynard said...

Cute look! LOOVE the Opening Ceremony Sweater.
Suzi x
For the Love of Audrey

Bridg said...

this is so cute, what a great post! love the pretty rain boots and matching brollies, am definitely in the market for some of those :)

www.phoandchips.com

Andrea said...

Love the outift! Looking gorgeous and put together is not always easy with this horrible weather but you nailed it!! Your rainboots are awesome.
xoxo
Andrea
Wonderful and Marvelous

StreetLounge said...

Hmmm, I am officialy in love with Cobalt-blue!!!!

http://www.streetlounge.blogspot.com/

Clémence said...

The hat is such a mood liftisn't it?! Great outfit!

When it's grey outside, and you don't really feel like putting a step out, THE HAT IS THE SOLUTION!

So ladies, let's put our hats on and show them around the city!

Xx

http://murmureparis.wordpress.com/

Christina Sophia Gomes said...

Gorgeous. As always :)

Anonymous said...

love your shoes!

http://svenjataviundco.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Really love those boots! These colors look great together!

Gina Michele
Crochet Clouds

Luna S said...

the boots are fantastic! x

luna
lunaoffduty

Lace and Tulle said...

Love this!!! I loved all the print you wore in this outfit!!! so beautifully put together!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl you look awesome!

Isabella Smulders said...

Lovely pictures!
I like your boots!! :)
xoxo www.chicfashionfreak.com

Kateeosh said...

your so adorable, i love the clothes and your lovely writing to match. Your posts leave me bubbling over with inspiration!!!

House of Avandan said...

Those boots are so freakin cute!

A jewelry blog.
http://www.houseofavandan.blogspot.com

Asta at Turtle Ridge said...

nice color combinations. I make handmade leather bags and we always use unusual color combinations, to keep it interesting and fun. Thanks for inspiration
Asta at Turtle Ridge

Beckerman Girls said...

That Miu Miu hat you got is AMAZZZZZZZING! Just love the color and brim! SOOOOOO fab and those Bottega boots are phenominal! The color is just sooo gorgeous! Your look today is very Inspektor Gadget! GOGO GADGET! MWAHHHHHH ! Love you Kell!
kisses
XoThe Beckerman Girls

www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

Mihaela said...

perfection *______*

hai♥mfashionfreak

Annie Chang said...

fun patterns!

Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Eugenia Woods said...

Love the boots on your photos. Looks lovely!

patty and lo said...

I can't believe those are rain boots...amazing!

http://www.pattyandlo.com/

Erica said...

I love the matching boots & umbrella! They photograph so well.

http://www.theprettyfactor.blogspot.com

jess and julie said...

I love the idea of matching your umbrella to your rain boots! I really love how you manage to look so put together and effortless at the same time!!
http://julieannasfashionstory.blogspot.com/

xox

Bravoe Runway said...

LOVE the last picture Kelly! OMG you have the best photos as always. It was 4 straight days of gray skies and rain in chicago!

Design Thrift said...

i'm liking those orange rain boots you featured, but i actually prefer them in the black color they come in because they go with more. i'm also amazed at how even your umbrella matches your rainboots...your ability to always look so put together amazes me.

Plami said...

you're so stunning!

XoXo
Plami

http://www.fashionthrill.com/

Supal said...

Ah you're so lucky to have big beautiful blue eyes!

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

Unknown said...

the hat really suits you ! Perfect "rain" look

www.Tripsandtreasures.blogspot.com
closet inspiration

Unknown said...

the hat really suits you ! Perfect "rain" look

www.Tripsandtreasures.blogspot.com
closet inspiration

Andrea Clare said...

Lovely pictures, and great boots.

http://andrea-clare.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love the way you matched the umbrella with the rain boots, that's chic!

Virginie/
http://www.virginiepeny.com

Unknown said...

you look stunning!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Necesito Lujos said...

What a happy rainy day with this outfit! Really nice colors.
necesitolujos.blogspot.com

Frances O@TheFashionHive said...

great fun pics!!

http://thefashionhive.com

one girl, one blog said...

I really like you boots!
http://one-girl-one-blog.blogspot.com/

Elle Croft said...

You really do have a gift. Not many people can make an umbrella and rain boots look chic, but miraculously you do!

MSDOLLYDECORATOR said...

We've got the blues for red today @ MSDOLLYDECORATOR ;)

XX.dd

www.msdollydecorator.com

-telmasofia said...

CUTE!
XOXO, telmasofiia.blogspot.com

sarahannnoel said...

You WOULD have high-heeled rain boots.
Absolutely LOVE that about you.

Molliee said...

love these rainboots! I have a fancy pair too but am coveting yours now!

Anonymous said...

beatiful pics, and the look amazing!
http://myownsight-flor.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the mix of patterns...fabulous!

Amberly
www.asliceofglam.com

jas said...

you look incredible! love those boots.

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

You look fantastic! I love the mixing of three different patterns and the colors are perfect for a rainy day.

Xo
Nicole D.
The Owl Girl

LEIGH said...

First, Your hat is amazing!
Second, Love how your shoes and umbrella match!
Third, These pictures of you are 100% beautiful, amazing and fun!
Such a great look, mood, post, etc :)
Luvv, Leigh B

B.Weber said...

All the boots are amazing!

HauteStandards

Styling Black said...

you got yourself the hatt! yay!

stylingblack.com

Unknown said...

you're my Mary Poppins !

www.philippe-girard.ch

relish said...

what a fun look! love those boots... and those are great suggestions for rainy weather footwear without the sacrifice!
xx

http://relisherr.blogspot.com

AldaCa said...

You look so cute and adorable! Kind of reminds me of the musical Singin' in the Rain!:)

xx
Alda
http://aldasworld.blogspot.com/

Seycil Ciceylia said...

for a second i thought you are mila kunis..

so beautiful..

love,
www.sccorner.com

mariad said...

Great outfit, you look so cheerful and sunshine-y !

aboutandaround.wordpress.com

Nicole said...

Love the look!

-Nicole
collegelifestyles.org
intern@collegelifestyles.com

Jennifer said...

You look like Mila Kunis in these photos (definitely a compliment!) :)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Sharon said...

Gorgeous outfit! very chic

http://primpedandprimed.blogspot.com/

Ria said...

You look way adorable despite the gloomy weather.

My Savage Side said...

perfect!

www.mysavageside.blogspot.com