1.23.2012

{ makeup faves }

i get a lot of questions about my beauty routine, but the truth is i don't really have one. i am pretty promiscuous where products are concerned ~ i like to try em all!! that's why i thought it would be fun to begin integrating regular beauty posts into this site's spectrum of stories, to let you in on what i'm loving of late.

since my favorite area to experiment on is my eyes, that seemed like the best place to start this series. my sister recently turned me on to chanel's illusion d'ombre eyeshadow, and i must say i'm amazed. it is hands down, by far, the most long-lasting eyeshadow i've ever encountered! put it on in the morning and find yourself still crease-free in the evening. below, the three colors i've been using most: mirifique, ébloui, and épatant:

i also recently decided it was high time i tried urban decay's famous naked2 palette, which sephora's website describes as 'the most anticipated sequel of the decade'. marketing hyperbole notwithstanding, it didn't disappoint. it contains every neutral you'll ever need, making it great for gals on the go. i love to use the chanel colors above as a base, then blend with one of the shimmery shadows below:

do you have any new favorites or time-tested standbys that i simply must try? or any beauty questions you'd like me to address? let me know in the comments!


64 comments:

Violet Tinder said...

i like this post idea... definitely going to give these urban decay colors a try!
what do you use on your skin? it's always so flawless!

Anna Louisa said...

Does anyone know when exactly the Urban Decay will be available in stores? It looks lovely!

http://anna-gemutlichkeit.blogspot.com/

FashionFlirt said...

so lovely!

http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.com/

Jasmin

CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

your eyes always look STUNNING, like your ensembles of course! thanks for sharing its hard to find a crease free shadow in a luminous shade!!

best,
Annina
www.cinchedatthewaist.com

emily said...

I LOVE Bare Minerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer for underneath my eye shadow. I'm constantly amazed at how fresh it looks even after 12+ hours. I never get that gross greasy lid anymore.

And the Naked palette.... it's a must have for any eye shadow lover. xoxo

The Fancy Teacup said...

I've been meaning to try out the Naked Palette 2, might just have to cave in and do so. x

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

House of Avandan said...

The chanel eyeshadows are beautiful!

Jewelry giveaway.
http://www.houseofavandan.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

ooohhhhhhh LOVE those Chanel eyeshadows!

http://www.same-asitneverwas.blogspot.com/

Lindsey Jane said...

I'm obsessed with ilike's rich antioxidant grape moisturizer and their yoghurt power peel. Hands down my favorite new organic skincare products!

Lilli said...

Naked2 Palette looks gorgeous!^^

Daniela said...

I would really much want the Naked2 palette but no Urban Decay in Finland...

Rory said...

i'm personally a bobbi brown worshipper, but i wouldnt mind getting my hands on some Naked or Chanel ;)
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com
CHICTOPIA

Elle Croft said...

Thanks for sharing this - I always admire your eye makeup so it's nice to be let in on some of your secrets. I'd love to know what your ultimate go-to colour combo is? You know, the one that goes with everything and always makes you feel awesome.

Unknown said...

Pretty colors..
http://www.chasingruins.com/

Unknown said...

I'm a Smashbox lover, but I think I may have to cheat on them with the Chanel shadows!

Gina Michele
Crochet Clouds

Gorete Sousa said...

so lovely!!!

xx

TheCollegeCouture said...

Your skin always looks so flawless! What foundation do you normally use? I'm glad the Naked 2 palette is great, I have Half Baked and its definitely my favorite UD shadow!

Christina Sophia Gomes said...

Ah..love makeup of course..i'm such a girly girl ;) *

Anonymous said...

my fave is the Sleek original palette, it's great!

http://svenjataviundco.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

urban decay is amazing! definitely worth spending money on.

xoxo, Jjanga!
www.sayhelloandsmile.blogspot.com

Vanessa - PureGlam.tv said...

Super color choices... love your selection... the nude tones are great!

Tanja - PureGlam.tv or via Facebook-Page

Chrissy said...

So pretty! I would love to see these colors on.

www.mrsprissychrissy.com

Jess said...

I am still in love with the original Naked palette. So perfect! xx
http://www.laceandfadedjeans.com/

Anonymous said...

beautiful!
<3

Fashion Philosophy
www.fashionphilosophy.net

g said...

naked palette...!!

giedhre.blogspot.com

kristina said...

i need to purchase that naked palette!
xx, k

Eugenia Woods said...

Those Chanel colors are to die for!

Barbara said...

The colors look beautiful, but I'm intimidated to try! Could you please do a makeup tutorial? Your eyes always look so beautiful!

DisappearHere said...

Do you use a primer on your lids, if so, what is your preferred brand?

Unknown said...

that urban decay eyeshadow collection is amazing, such pretty colors!

style-extraordinaire.com

Andrea said...

I want the Urban Decay palette so badly!! Unfortunately I can't get my hands on it here in Austria! :(
Guess that calls for a trip to the States.
xoxo
Andrea
Wonderful and Marvelous

tres chic chica said...

I don't have a make up routine also, need to start!

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

I've been wanting to get this! I saw it the other day but didn't know how it would work out.

xoxo
http://pinkiesandbracelets.blogspot.com/

Dress For Less said...

Ok, you've got my attention! Those Chanel eyeshadows are GORGEOUS and it's enough to have me running to my nearest Sephora to check them out! I've also seen the new Urban Decay palette but my fav base color is Midnight Cowboy by Urban Decay. It goes with any color and has a hint of glimmer that always turns heads =)

Anonymous said...

need to try the chanel eyeshadows they must be amazing!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

Beckerman Girls said...

We have the lightest Chanel sparkle in the pot and LOVVVVE it!!! It's actually like my all time fav' make up and at the end of the day I have sparkles ALLL over my face!!! hahahahaha!!! I think I might have to get the other shades....mwahhh
love you babe!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

Unknown said...

I love the products you picked out :)

munchmecat.blogspot.com

Rachael said...

I was avidly in search of the best lipsticks for a bright lip (Mac: Girl About Town, Lavender Whip, Patisere (sp?) and So Chad- all current favourites). Sadly, in my quest for a lovely lip I have neglected my eyes, is there a mascara you rate? I'm uninspired by all the latest ones I've tried.

http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Lovely post! :) Chanel's Illusion d'Ombre eyeshadows and the Naked Palette are both favourites in my beauty collection. And I'm on the waiting list for the Naked2 Palette. Hope I get it soon! :) Looks gorgeous!

Candace said...

great photos! definitely going to try the naked2 now!

thefivetworebel.com

xo -

Bettina said...

I myself swear by the Naked1 and have bought it for so many people because it's so perfect. I'm going to have to try the naked2 for sure.

The Chanel colors look so pretty, how do you apply these?

Anonymous said...

I've been using L'Oreal's felt tip eyeliner pen in black for several years now. I don't wear eyeshadow and like my Audrey Hepburnesque beauty routine with a swish of black eyeliner. It's so easy to draw the line with. Give it a try!

The PvdH Journal said...

Like you I am totally promiscuous regarding make up (and beauty products!)- my only constants are Creme de la Mer, Shu Uemura eye shadows (and now Tom Ford lipsticks!)

Dress and Dish: Lana said...

Chanel is my favorite for eye color too! That Urban Decay set is seriously tempting!!! xo

Katie said...

i'm a big fan of benefit products - specifically benetint (the original red) on the apples of my cheeks & bridge of nose, plus i love shelaq (although i hear this has now discontinued?!) to groom my eyebrows into place. finish with maybelline mascara & a coral lipstick from revlon - quick & simple makeup :)

those chanel eyeshadows look GORGEOUS, i might have to get my hands on a tester sample ;)

Katie x

David Diaz said...

JEALOUS! I so want to get that Naked 2 Palette!

xo

Anonymous said...

Great post!
Have the chanel eyeshadows but i really like naked 2 is really gorgeous palette :)

Check out my blog if you want?

themagicstyle-by-nari.blogspot.com/

Aline said...

Benefit creaseless cream shadows are the ONLY shadows I've ever been able to use without a base and have no creasing issues with! http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P181807
Will try the Chanel shadows for sure!

xx said...

i need to try the naked2 asap! xx

Sarah Sekaran said...

Those Chanel shadows are gorgeous, I must try them!

keepcalmandcarrylipstick.blogspot.com

Roxanna said...

Chanel makeup is just a must have!

xx Roxanna

www.dissectmystyle.com

Ludmila said...

I loved the Chanel eye shadows! Regarding to beauty products I always wear mascara and tutti frutti Chapstick. My favourite is lancome's mascara =)

B.Weber said...

These Urban Decay Colors are beautiful, I love them all!

HauteStandards

Unknown said...

benefits high beam is a must have for me because it gives my skin a glow and radiance that can't be beat!

-Nico

www.SatinandSalt.com

Hayley @ Oat Couture said...

That palette is fab!! As for products you need to try... MAC Painterly Pot. It's the perfect primer for eyes (and lips) and even on it's own it looks great, really makes your eyes pop! Couldn't live without it! :)

Bridg said...

great post, it's always interesting seeing what other people like and use! i started using the Chanel shadows too, just bought the purple shade and am using it sparingly (but lovingly) seeing as it's a little more expensive than your average eye shadow! like the review of the palatte too - have heard a lot about this one! look forward to more reviews/tips! ;)

B x

www.phoandchips.com

laila said...

pretty! love it! love love!
http://lailaariff.blogspot.com

Design Thrift said...

i'm wondering though which one is better? the naked1 or the naked2 pallete? i've been meaning to get one but wasn't sure which one seemed like the better choice.

http://designthrift.blogspot.com

Ana Lucia Gutierrez said...

chanel's illusion d'ombre eyeshadows are the best cream eye makeup, my fave is the black one.

Unknown said...

those Chanel shadows look extremely tempty! need to try em´. i have the Naked 1 palette and i was also impressed at how good it turned out! i would definitely recommend you try estee lauder´s eyeshadow. they´re also incredibly long lasting and good quality!
XO love your blog! :)
jannine

http://fashionistArg.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

These Chanel shadows are calling my name, getting the black one is a must!

Xo
Nicole D.
The Owl Girl

joelle van dyne said...

I'm glad you're going to do beauty posts! I love hearing about new makeup items to try. Lately I've been in love with the Nars Campo De'Fiori eye pencil (it is a shimmery but not glittery gold- looks great smudged over black). I also began using Stila's liquid liner. It's the only felt-tipped liner I've been able to use and it is awesome. I would love instructions about doing a cat eye with liner. I feel like maybe my eyes aren't the right shape, but maybe I just don't know how to do it right.

BeautyFromWithn said...

I HEART the mineral eyeshadows at Tona Michelle` Cosmetics...the colors really pop and it comes with the cutest little attached brush www.tonamichellecosmetics.com

Anonymous said...

You need to try GIORGIO ARMANI Eyes to Kill Mascara! The BEST ever!!!!