11.04.2010

{ costume of the day } plaid dreams


{ tom ford sunnies, vintage scarf, vintage boy's blazer (last seen HERE), vintage lace t-shirt, burlap skirt & sixtyseven boots courtesy of modcloth }

attempting to continue with monday's theme of throwing on every nearby item in the same-ish colorway resulted in the above ensemble. i was really excited to wear this new ruffled wrap-front skirt; my only regret was not having more plaid pieces to pair with it. next time i'll really mix it up! preferably with at least one of these:

{ clockwise from above left: orvis satchel, dsquared2 boots, whiting & davis clutch, pour la victoire boots }

71 comments:

Karina said...

looove this picture and look. the colors are perfect and those boots look incredible!

karina
www.mademoiselleonthemetro.blogspot.com

Collette Osuna said...

Totally plaid.....totally gorgeous...love the shoes:)


Stop by and say Hello ♥
Statements in Fashion Blog

Caddy said...

There's something comfortable and homey about plaid. It's great for pulling on when you have 5 minutes to change and run out the door.

Laura said...

I love how classy you make the plaid look so up town =)

holly said...

love it! that skirt has been on my modcloth wishlist for a while now.

Charmalade said...

Not only is your plaid outfit very indicative of a cozy fall outfit (that you made chic!), I'm wholly impressed by the photoshopped picture. Did you edit it yourself?

Toast with Charmalade

CaliforniaCandy said...

This photo is so artistic, love the boots...

http://californiacandy.wordpress.com/

Samantha Hutchinson said...

This look gives plaid a new sense of cool... I absolutely love that skirt...

as always completely inspired.

xo

Catherine said...

I was oogling at this skirt on Modcloth just hours ago and seeing it on you seals my love for it! So cute... I love the heels you've paired it with.

Myy said...

you are just so classy! Beautiful outfit.

Emily said...

This is pure genius. My dad wears two different plaids and I am embarrassed to go out in public with him, but you do it in such a classy way.

Bravo!

Em

Brigadeiro said...

Love the skirt, such a gorgeous wintry outfit!

And the picture is BRILLIANT!
xx

Anonymous said...

I like the plaid it's festive yet not horribly overbearing. I have to say those plaid shoes are cute both pairs.

Anonymous said...

The plaid skirt is mad gorgeous!

Xoxo, http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com

3 MAIGLÖCKCHEN said...

terrific!

Irina said...

love how you mixed two different plaids!

Unknown said...

gorgeous checked skirt, loved the look

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
xx

Abbie♥ said...

the boots are to die for!!! ♥♥♥

http://abbiespurpleroom.blogspot.com/

Blond Panther & Louboutin... said...

Great look ;)
http://deshistoiresdepieds.blogspot.com/2010/11/au-regime-part-3.html

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Your plaid skirt is amazing, but I am *swooning* over the Dsquared boots!

http://pennydreadfulvintage.blogspot.com/

Beautycountry said...

Your look is amazing! :) I want that skirt!!

Tomma said...

Love this look!

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

What did you do to that photo? It looks amazing!
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Eliza said...

Such a cute look!! I also love the tights!!

http://mirrordiaries.blogspot.com/

mispapelicos said...

The plaid boots are to die for. wowwwwwwwwwwwww

Unknown said...

this picture is amazing!

xoxo
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

MELISSA Z. said...

love plaid patterns! <3

www.abitoffashion.com

Kelly said...

Great picture! I love plaid!

Tugba said...

Wowww love the pic :)

A
M
A
Z
I
N
G BLOG :)

amber lynn said...

I just love plaid! Especially in the fall, it just looks warm and cozy :)

http://amberandgang.blogspot.com

classiq said...

I love plaids! those boots are so beautiful

Anonymous said...

looks like a scottish tartan.. and I love scotland!

annawithlove said...

Fabulous as always!
Love the entire outfit especially the skirt!

www.annawithlove.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos, gorgeous outfit - love love love!

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

jemina said...

Love this picture of you soooooo much!!!

Looking Glam and Fab as always

LOVE
J
xoxo

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

This outfit is darling for fall...lovin' those dsquared2 boots!

XoXo-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

Libra said...

yeah!
plaid is SO cool :)

luv,
http://www.fashionswing.blogspot.com/

Stella said...

I absolutely love this outfit. Like, seriously, if you ever tire of that skirt I would be more than happy to give it a home!

I also love the picture perse. Love the effect going on there.

Anonymous said...

Love it!! ~

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture! and I love the booties.

ivonnestacy.blogspot.com

Renee Nabam said...

thats just perfect.....thats a photo to remember...!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that ankle boots that you have
<3
http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

joelle van dyne said...

this is such a great look! enough to get me out of my cold-weather rut feeling. the skirt is amazing. and you really need to get that orvis plaid bag. how cute would it be to see bunny's little face peeking out of it?! ~joelle

Karolina said...

I adore your boots!

http://carriesfashiondiary.blogspot.com/

Rhai and Coi said...

Love your skirt!


SIAMESESKY


SIAMESESKY


SIAMESESKY

fashionsdirtylaundry said...

Totally infatuated with the Orvis satchel and those Dsquared boots!

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ Charmalade & Gabby/Gypsy*Diaries: i used the magnetic lasso in photoshop to cut out parts of the picture. i was feeling so inspired by the work that shoji van kuzumi did on my 'shady lady' story (here: http://www.theglamourai.com/2010/11/shady-lady.html) that i wanted to play around with new ways to present my outfits. i'm glad you guys like it!!

XOGlamourai

Ibeth Moreno said...

te ves brutaa!!!!---so in english...something like : you look stunning!!!
and that picture...rocks!

hi from México!

VerseaStyle said...

ooohhhhhhhhh I hope you do get one of those 4 items... they are stellar!

TheChambrayCountess said...

Your take on plaid makes it cute and almost girly! Love the Pour La Victore boots, too!

http://www.thechambraycountess.blogspot.com

Grace Escudero - The Afeminada said...

I love this look! It reminds me of my Scottish boyfriend. I would lovee to wear that purse.

http://www.theafeminada.blogspot.com

Secondhand Stella said...

I LOVE that Whiting and Davis clutch!!!!

Lise Marie said...

Love,love plaid. And you look wonderful. glad I found you because I really need to copy this look.

http://www.keikolynn.com/2010/11/working-class-boys-dreaming-of-girls.html

Lilly said...

Wow!! The first picture is really awesome photoshopped! Really cool!!

Berta said...

this is STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it´s be yourself! I LOVE LOVE it!

Baby Budget Blog said...

Love it!

www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

Sylvia said...

how pretty! I love the volume of the skirt and that plaid clutch! ooooh weeee!

i wander, i wonder

The Queen of Hearts said...

The first image is absolutely fantastic. I'm guessing it has been retouched or something. Which program do you use to treat your photographs?

The Black Queen

Dana said...

Wow I thought that the plaid tend was over, but you make me love it all over again!
~Dana
www.dailydoseofdana.tumblr.com

Yanes Alicante said...

Wonderful outfit. I love it. J'adore the skirt.

Conchi
http://myjewelsandmore.blogspot.com/

Norma Jean said...

I must go buy those plaid boots now! Also your costume is lovely!!

VALENTINA ROMANO said...

crazy for fashion!

http://www.leroicoquette.blogspot.com/
LE ROI COQUETTE

Unknown said...

Love the sunglasses. I saw a plaid Miu Miu on NAP that you might like... xxx
http://reallyliteral.blogspot.com/

Man Repeller said...

loooove mixed plaids.

uggkicks said...

I like the grid.These are my love.hahha...
http://www.uggkicks.com/

Anonymous said...

I love the plaid wedge boots piece! :)

-Mia
http://miafied.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

could You let me know where did You get the tights from? because i'm not sure but they look like jacquard fabric and i was looking for that for a really long time...

thanks!
regards

Rebecca Jane said...

Those Dsquared boots are fabulous

daniel said...

Could we PLZ get a close up of what I HOPE IS SHOE FRINGE!

Laura said...

Bravo on the photoshopping! Plaid is my trend of choice this fall. It makes me nostalgic for my grungy high school days...and grungy high school boys...

http://adventuresindressingmyself.blogspot.com/

brittin said...

love this look!!

brittin
www.wewhoshop.wordpress.com