2.10.2010

{ nyfw } kick-off party


last night i was joined by krystal simpson (straight off a plane and STILL looking insane) to kick-off fashion week ~ valentine style! the festivities commenced at curve, where we fêted the US launch of jovial japanime character pucca. aided by buoyant refrains spun by harley viera newton, plus an abundance of mini-cupcakes and godiva truffles, the crowd was equally animated. everyone seemed so happy that fashion week had begun!

on display were darling designs from a few of my favorite fashion friends:

but we mostly had eyes for the sugar-sweet heart-shaped sunnies (i left with a black pair that i plan to wear all week). viva l'amour & glamour!!

{ photos 2 & 4 courtesy of thecobrasnake / 2nd to last courtesy of marion curtis/starpix }

57 comments:

the style crusader said...

oh this look awesome. love the black polka dot dress in the final photo. can't wait to see more of your photos from the week ahead! xx

Unknown said...

Nice, I love Jessica Szohr style... My best friend looks EXACTLY like her... I mean EXACTLY like her...

I love pairing heart sunglasses with an outfit. Totally a surprise and unexpected. They make me so happy!

fadetoblack said...

hey was so nice to meet you last night!

I'm a little hung over!! had 1 too many of them pink drinks mmmm

lovely photos you guys rooooock!!!!

Sassi said...

I love your hairdo, you look amazing girl!
X

Alice D. Millionaire said...

you both, and all, look incredible, as per usual! love the sunnies.. very cheeky.
you gal's have fun, but remember: safety first!

alice d.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Love your new hair color! Looked like a fun partay :)

Rock Couture said...

OMG... You are so Beautiful! WOW Stunning

Sofie said...

Love the new hair color and the gold/green necklace!

Katy said...

These pictures are amazing, especially the last one!

AlicePleasance said...

You always have the best nailpolishes! Never tried grey on me, but now I'm really tempted. And yay for heart shaped sunnies :-)

Candice said...

Jessica Szohr! love her.

All of you look amazing! Your necklace is fabulous.

Lorena said...

It looks like you're wearing red and grey nailpolish on different nails? If so then that's awesome! Love the heart sunglasses too, the faded lenses look so much better than solid with that style of glasses.

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

Laura Trevey said...

LOVE the Heart glasses!!

Darling ~~

Unknown said...

I have the same pair of sunglasses, which I picked up at a festival last summer. you look gorgeous as always. can't wait for more pics from the shows.
xoxo,
miha

Selfish said...

this is why you are so fuckin awesome

Megan said...

love the shades and everyone looks stunning!
http://thedollhouse0101.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

your new hair makes you look striking! love love love the necklace.

Mały Kosmos said...

I must buy hart-glasses! I love them:D & of course your look is just fabulous! Especially the jewellery...lovely!

Rachel said...

I have been following your blog obsessively and through your many incarnations, and I have to let you know that this hair is my absolute favorite. And the Lolita glasses just push things over the top. Thanks for the constant inspiration!

Mary April said...

You are amazing you and krystal. I love this pictures !!!

Anonymous said...

Oh looks like a great night. How superbly bizzaro is pucca and garu. Love it!

Madeline Veenstra said...

Amazing! Have heaps of fun :)

AlixRose said...

I think you both look stunning and Yeah it looks like it was a fun time! Cant wait to see the heart glasses in upcoming posts.
I adore Jessica S. She's such a sweetheart!

Coco and Zaahb said...

u posed with Jessica S.
So jealous right now but i love ur hair!


Http://cocozaahb.blogspot.com

geri hirsch said...

ahhh im so sad im not there!!! you guys look fab and i am so thrilled to live vicariously through your wild antics! xo

The Sound of Lace said...

seriously best do!! lovin the heart shaped glasses!

enjoy the week!

thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
thesoundoflace.blogspot.com

Romanticize said...

Finally a picture of the hair! It looks great. Your hairstyle of about a year and a half ago was actually my inspiration to chop off my long hair. It was the right decision.

Ali
www.toromanticize.blogspot.com

my healthy twist said...

wow, im so jealous, i wish i were in NY this week! looks like so much fun! xoxo

Irene's Closet said...

Absolutely Lovely!!
xoxo
Web site: http://ireneccloset.blogspot.com
Email: ireneccloset@hotmail.it
Add me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=406263240079&ref=ts

Roxana C said...

:)) the last picture is so lovely! you look like you had so much fun!

amola-tesouras said...

Finally a good view of your ombré hair! Gorgeous! And the necklace is amazing.

Clue♠ said...

you new hair style is killer!!! keep it like that, you look amazing!

Sarah Mikaela said...

I am in love with your earrings!!

http://framboisefashion.blogspot.com

Ash Fox said...

2 of my faves! Style queens! Congrats on the mag feature!

X

Jamie said...

You killed it in that outfit!! And love love love the necklace!
http://glamlatte.blogspot.com

Islandia Lane said...

looks like a great time!

Lipstick Chick said...

Can't wait to see the heart sunnies pop up in your FW costumes.

And dying over the picture with Jessica Szohr. I think she's the essence of beautiful. The two of you together...wow.

Ilona said...

Great pics, favourite bloggers overload! RIP Alexander McQueen :0(

Susu Paris Chic said...

Mini cupcakes and heart-shaped sunnies... all bathed in luscious fashion... could life get any better!

Soumeya said...

I'm crazy about your style !

Cloud P. said...

awsome style. so jelaous!

Une étincelle de mode said...

You are a very pretty girl***

And so lucky to see Jessica Szors!!!

. said...

Totally amazing !

XX
http://selmakh.blogspot.com/

Karoline said...

Seems like a very fun party, and I loved the polkadot dress, amazing!

DMKG said...

Your hair is so cool! I also love your necklace here!
~Dana

Oh my Dior! said...

You are the coolest person I have ever seen

http://www.ohmydior.org/

Anonymous said...

Hi ,
Woow this is Amazing !!
The red sun glasses , where do you get that :) ?
BISOU x

TheGlamourai said...

@ Anonymous 3:17: The red glasses were party favors, courtesy of the event's sponsors. Unfortunately I do not know where you could buy them.

xoGlamourai

Daphne said...

You both look stunning!! Love your new hair. The brown around your eyes really makes them pop.
xo

mei said...

Ughhhh is that gray polish? I've been searching and searching any store I can get into and still no gray! I'm extremely jealous XD

And I believe Pucca is actually Korean! So cuuuute.

All Women Stalker said...

The first photo made me see how much you look like Jessica Stroup (plays Erin Silver on 90210). The eyes.... Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks so.

Adele said...

you look amazing, your haircut is incredible. l LOVE your style.

Aline said...

you guys look amazing

vicks7 said...

your hair cut and color are just simply amazing...... where did u get it done!?!??!?! i looooove it
besos
http://aboutafantasy.blogspot.com/

enterrement vie de célibataire Paris said...

So sexy as usual.
Lilou

TheGlamourai said...

* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *

xoxoGlamourai

Anonymous said...

FYI: Pucca is Korean and not Japanese.