4.26.2011

{ repeat anew }

i ordered the blouse below around the time of my recent quintessentially post, and linked to it therein ~ siting it as a more understated way to wear the featured ensemble. more recently, unintentionally, i finished that thought:

i didn't realize until after shooting these photos how similar this look was to the latter example. if i had, i might not have shot it ~ but the truth is in real life we all wear our favorite pieces and silhouettes over and over, all the time. and this turned out to be a good example of how to wear the same look in a different (one month closer to summer) sort of way!


{ karen walker sunnies, vintage anne klein earrings, coach moto jacket, TOV blouse, courtesy of modcloth, kelly framel ring, primary | new york clutch, zara skirt (last seen HERE), juicy couture leather shorts, dries van noten shoes }

85 comments:

pea said...

Love!

xx
Pea

s said...

What a look!!! Love it ;)


street life Karl LAGERFELD: http://magmoiselle.fr

Beautycountry said...

Great!!! :D I never get tired of animal prints ...or black jackets :D

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

Love this look doll, especially those heels :)

XoXo-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

The Fancy Teacup said...

Who doesn't love wearing their favorite pieces on repeat? Everytime I see it on you, I've adored that Zara skirt, and the blouse is so chic. Looking stunning as always, hun!

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you shot it anyway - because you look fabulous!

The Village Idiot said...

these photos are pretty! i love the eclecticness of this look!
love your hair!

Angeles Almuna said...

Love it! fabulous combination!!!!!!
and the Skirt is DIVINE!
Kisses

www.angelesalmuna.com
www.shopangelesalmuna.com

MarĂ­a said...

Perfect!!
xxx

meandmylifestyle.blogspot.com

Mom Fashion World said...

Nice ensemble!

Blonde said...

Wonderful outfit!
Very nice leopard skirt ;)
Kisses Blondie
(czechblonde.blogspot.com)

Jessie said...

sexy yet old school shoes. i love that outfit. the leopard skirt is fab.
xx, http://wordbyjessie.com

blue roses said...

the heels are incredible.... is the blue striped fabric part of the white blouse, or another piece? you look fabulous in the leopard, so cannot blame you for re-wearing it, with a more sun-friendly pairing.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

The Purse-a-holic said...

Gorgeous outfit, love the skirt and esp. that clutch :-)

A Girl's Next Best Friend

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit and how the striped blouse peaks out.

Lippylash said...

Woow amazing look!! I love the layers, you make it work..

joelle van dyne said...

i love this look! i'm always annoyed by the way-too-short skirts at zara, but your styling of one with the leather shorts and the long shirt sticking out underneath is genius.

bloo90fashion said...

you look STUNNING ;-))


x
bloo.
http://bloo90fashion.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

wow! great outfit! I love the shoes!!

http://www.fashionanatomie.blogspot.com

Daria Bessonova said...

you always look great!
And i don't know, maybe smb told you, you look like the actress from Beverly Hills New Generation)

Bianca said...

Ow my gosh you know how to combine this skirt!

Come check out my blog for lot and lots of Dutch tulips!

xoxo

Bianca

http://fabfashion-bianca.blogspot.com/

http://fabfashion-bianca.blogspot.com/

http://fabfashion-bianca.blogspot.com/

Contact said...

interesting idea to have the blouse extend longer than the skirt. i love the skirt!!

http://heelsandinspiration.blogspot.com

Brea Ellis said...

Both looks are faboosh!

http://whatiworetiptotoe.blogspot.com

DinelaDuchesse said...

OMG ____ WONDERFUL/ FABULOUUUS

I think that you have to have it have a good laugh that we say it to you but you really look like Jessica Stroup.

Especially on this photo :

http://www.elleadore.com/on-adore/zapette/jessica-stroup-90210.php

LABISE.

http://un-pied-sur-terre.blogspot.com/

Christie said...

Your style is always impeccable! Stunning!

In Fashion and Style

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

first of all, big fan of the background, the red and the purple are the best colors combined, love the yellow. how do you find those kind of backgrounds!!! love the blouse, it reminds me of the gentlemen in the gay 20's. stiff like a board. the stripes look actually pretty good with the leopard, so print clash, yes for me. love the shoes because of the two colored straps. the jacket makes it a little bit more rock and rolla.

kate said...

I love those shoes so cute. I also love the leather jacket :)

Vanessa said...

I've never seen anyone wear a shirt underneath a skirt. Looks like your slip is showing ;) Very sexy!

Jasmine said...

OMG! I just fell in love.........with your jacket!!! Please tell me where I can get one hahahha, it's so bad ass and chic!! Love it!!!

New York Don't Leave Me said...

That's SO creative! I love that you layered a skirt over a shirt dress! LOVE! xo

www.nydontleaveme.com

Mae Lu said...

Stripes with leopard... so brilliant, Kelly, so Brills.

I really, really am so enamored over the TOV transformational blouse you wore in the original post. I can't stop thinking about it.

Thank you for feeding my shopping addiction. :)

xx{ish.},
Mae Lu @ thereafterish.!

Kaity Stardust said...

oh i love it!!!! you make out to be a great muse! love it.

<3 facebook.com/sadeesays

Essiefashion said...

Beautiful outfit :D!!!
You are really good at matching clothes!!!
xxx

Lily said...

This outfit is absolutely amazing...one of my favorites !! You look amazing !

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Katie said...

Those shoes are to die for! Great outfit x



www.fashionbosca.blogspot.com

Raspberry Jam said...

Love your skirt!

http://sweetraspberryjam.blogspot.com/

XOXO

Emma Z said...

I LOVE your skirt and this whole look, you always look amazing!

http://behindtheleopardglasses.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Such a great look! I love dress peeking out from under the hem of the skirt.

♥ Gina Michele
CrochetClouds

DediLovesFashion said...

great outfit. love your skirt. =)
xoxo

ahline a. said...

another gorgeous outfit .. so beautiful

xoxo

Food+Fashion+Travel=Love

Cindy said...

Classic, yet unique ensemble. Stoke of genius in layering!

Cindy
Style Soufflé

Mrs. C said...

EEEk! LOVE the leopard skirt!! Super cute and the mix of the shirt with it is awesome!!

www.mrscapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

jessicawj said...

really nice skirt!

Marissa said...

I love the way the stripes peek out from under the leopard :) xoxo Marissa

http://happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com/

The Art of Being Fashionable said...

love the blouse hanging out from under you skirt

theArtofbeingFashionable

Molliee said...

love the contrast in patterns and the way you layered this! great idea!

Tanya Dempsey said...

That tiny peek of the shirt layered under the leopard is genius.

November Grey & Secondhand Star

Anonymous said...

Chic! Love the skirt, wow!

Virginie/ Couture & DIY

BETABOOMblog said...

Divina como siempre, adore la falda y la chaqueta, y la camisa le dio tu toque... AMR RL OUTFIT!































www.betaboomblog.blogspot.com








.

Anonymous said...

love the look even if it is a throw back! the skirt and shoes are really hot and i like the idea of wearing a skirt over aq long top. i'm inspired!

Anonymous said...

scenery is brilliant.. and the colors..
Super nice pictures.. and great shoes!

It-Blogirls said...

Wow you look SO stunning!

It-Blogirls said...

Stuning

Unknown said...

total perfection, amazing photos and that look is so nicely put together

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

Fleur de Rio said...

Great blog! I love this outfit!

http://fleurderio.wordpress.com

Frank Vinyl said...

not only do I love the colors and combinations you wear..but the colors in the photographs are amazing!!!
who edits these?
francesca
http://www.frankvinyl.com

Magnolia Jones said...

Bravo for making such statement pieces so versatile

Kate said...

I love this outfit and the animal print!!

www.sweet-louise.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous! I love the leopard print skirt and that leather jacket is super adorable!



Meanz (Koi Story)

ASHLEY ERICA said...

Super cute skirt Kelly! All about the cheetah prints for spring!

-www.thembellishedtruth.blogspot.com

Carolina S. said...

Hi Kelly, I have a little surprise for you, I have chosen you for a Must see blog award :) you can find the award in my blog (http://mysparklylifestyle.blogspot.com/) hope you like it! congratulations :D

Anonymous said...

Such a sexy and flirty look! Love how you mixed animal prints. Looks great!

Stop by my blog some time :)

http://stylelustpages.com

MELISSA Z. said...

all these photos are wonderful, love the street location1 And your outfit is perfect! <3

www.abitoffashion.com

the nyanzi report said...

great combination. one day i'll run into you and ask for a shot.

Antonia said...

A W E S O M E OUTFIT! :D YOU HAVE A GREAT STYLE AND YOUR PHOTOS ARE BEAUTIFUL :-)

http://antoniiar.blogspot.com

Run With Fashion said...

Loove the skirt, leather jacket and heels!!
I love the 2nd and 3rd pic! So beauiful! <3333

AJ TAYLOR said...

loving the layers. And if i had that skirt, I would abuse it.
http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com/

Kristyn Burtt said...

This makes me want to buy a skirt. I am such a dress girl, normally.



http://redcarpetcloset.tv/

Michelle Lee said...

amazing shoes

http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

amazing! the untucked shirttails remind me of a Blake Lively ensemble on the red carpet of a boutique opening in NYC!

http://fashionfeteonline.blogspot.com/

Ag said...

The combination of stripes and leopards...genius!

Unknown said...

Love the leopard skirt combined with the stripes and the mix of texture. SO chic!

http://www.glamlatte.com

J'aime Renee said...

I am in love with this look. The shoes are fab, and the skirt is to die for!

http://jaimereneestylista.blogspot.com/

Lydia Armstrong said...

Shirt tails sticking out of a skirt: genius.

Plami said...

Fabulous!!!

xoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Ayayay!!! I love your biker jacket, I just recently saw one that I loooved and want at Massimo Dutti but I'm holding myself because I can no longer spend more money for a while.

www.stylebyred.blogspot.com

Plum Pretty Sugar said...

Loving your style!!

xo

www.PlumPrettySugar.blogspot.com

Marta said...

I like the skirt and jacket, but I truly fall in love with those shoes ♥

Marta
http://thefashionflame.blogspot.com/

Rene Braun said...

Gorgeous!!!

WWW.RENEBRAUN.COM

Kisses!

las sandalias de ana said...

Lovely outfit!!!! Perfect!!!


;)

Jelena Zivanovic said...

u look beautiful!!i'm loving the skirt and the shoes a loooot:)
xoxoxo
Jelena
http://glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com/

FANTASTICACID said...

beautiful!i love your outfit, especially the skirt and jacket. You also look like Jessica Stroup who plays silver from 90210. you two both have awesome style!
http://superfantasticacid.blogspot.com

EL said...

LIKE!

Barbara said...

Love the skirt! Which collection was it from?

Love,
Barbara

www.thehousewifewannabe.com

Millie said...

Owwww I love your leather jacket !! It's amazingly beautiful...If I had to wear just one thing over and over, it would be that !