11.11.2010

{ timing is everything }


{ images via the new york times }

it seems as though i chose the perfect time to grow my hair out ~ and thus cover my awkwardly coiffed shame in turbans ~ because the new york times (aka my information-everything), has just declared this silken headwrap to be the hottest thing in town, and has directed all its readers to my very own tutorial, in order to show the world how it's done! my goodness, i'm flattered.

i, in turn, would like to direct everyone to this gallery on my facebook page, where my own super-awesome readers have been sharing their personalized versions of the look. enjoy!!

50 comments:

amber lynn said...

love this look!

We love the sweet life said...

Congratulations on the feature! Thats huge!!!

Esther said...

awesome collage :) the old lady right smack in the centre is <3

Kate said...

Gotta love the turbans only the very glamorous can get away with them!!

julie @ rosy + tart said...

Love the turban! :) My fat head thinks it's not good enough for one but I'm working on it... baby steps. :)

Beautycountry said...

I do agree...gotta love turbans. And the old lady in the front looks just stunning in hers! :D

The Photodiarist said...

I just did a post about headwraps and how they have never really gone "out".

http://photodiarist.typepad.com/thephotodiarist/2010/11/in-vogue.html

Abbie♥ said...

awww youre growin your hair out? :( i soooo love the way you rock your short hair! oh well, i shall be now looking forward to your turban looks! :D *excited*

http://abbiespurpleroom.blogspot.com/

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

Good for you, that's awesome!

XoXo-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

Elly Owl said...

Ah, love turbans! They're great for 'bad hair day' and it adds that exotic look.

Peta Rudd said...

I wrote a piece on Turbans for my blog back in June. I thought it might make an interesting read given the revitalization of their popularity. What struck me most was the western interpretation of a culturally/spiritually derived costume. I hope you find it interesting too....http://petarudd.com/blog/fashion-looks-to-culture-the-return-of-the-turban/

I know I've certainly grown to love the Turban and accept it's role as a fashion accessory.

Unknown said...

great great pics!


xoxo
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Brittany C. said...

As a short haired gal myself, I do sympathize with the plight of the in-between phase we must go through in order to reach our next look. I have found that small changes that won't alter the length will make the transition easier. Do love the turban idea, and may borrow it for those "Sunday Brunch I don't feel like doing my hair kind of days".

to accolades and good hair days,
Brittany

FASHION SNAG said...

Wow, congratulations!

www.FashionSnag.com

Maya • Fashion Illustration blog said...

How cool! I love a turban, but didn't have courage to wear it by now. Also, I loved that tutorial that u did, it is wonderfuly simple.
:-)

M

STYLE STRUCK said...

I wouldn't wear it, but on others i think it looks great!

Prissy said...

I'm not sure how I feel about the turban thing. Maybe if my hair was longer, I'd feel differently! LOL

Prissy

www.rushourfashion.blogspot.com

J. said...

The perfect oriental accesory, love it ! I'm glad this fashion accesory is heating the style scene because I've been searching for head accesories for some time now with no luck and finally come across this :D So this is just like the tittle, perfect timming !

http://freneticlyfrenzy.blogspot.com

classiq said...

And let's thank Grace Kelly who made this accessory legendary and an item of desire for every woman on the planet a few decades ago!

Closet Confections said...

Kudos on having your tutorial featured in the NY Times! I feel pretty smug now since I've been rocking a turban almost my whole life... at night before bed, lol! It's actually quite commonplace for a lot of African-American women who like to keep their hair protected at night. Almost every woman in my family and the majority of my friends keep a collection of pretty silk scarves for just this reason. And until recently, it was considered a faux-pas to wear them out in public. it's for this reason that i've been hesitant to try this trend. it's just so ingrained in me that my turban-style head covering is something that should only be worn to bed or around the house, lol.

kendra
http://closetconfections.com

Grace said...

I'm glad I have my own little collection of this!

Love Grace.

Juanette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

no doubt- love the turban collage

nakedandgolden

annie said...

my grandma used to to wear the scarf like this!
amazing style

http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.com/

MY STYLE ADVICE said...

Wow, timing really IS everything. :-)

Trendy&&OutThere said...

I ♥ this trend!!
Awesome Blog

Come follow
dailystyledose.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

I'm loving it! I used your tutorial to make my gypsy costume complete on Halloween. But really it was just a buffer to introducing it into my wardrobe. Thanks, Halloween & Glamourai <3

www.looselips-sinkships.com

Islandia Lane said...

that's so awesome and I must admit I've seen a couple of these around the streets of nyc this week already!

CaliforniaCandy said...

Congratulations! The turban look is not flattering on me, but I think you can really rock it!

http://californiacandy.wordpress.com/

Katya Moorman said...

Love it! Congrats ;)
xoxo Katya

Style Defined NYC
Pixie Warhol

Gorete Sousa said...

nice pictures !!!!

www.ilovenystyle.blogspot.com

Shilpi Tomar said...

I love this! Great collection here. Awesome

http://sftrend.blogspot.com

Bre said...

Such a gorgeous collection here. Congratulations on your link!

Death By Shoe said...

This is such an awesome look & I love your tutorial! xDanielle
www.deathbyshoe.com

Lisa Griffin said...

congratulations you are everywhere right now!!
www.indramaticfashion.com

xoxo Mimi said...

Cute look. I love it. Very different.

The Fancy Teacup said...

I'm so glad you got featured by the New York Times! I read your earlier post on the tips to tie on a turban, adored it! and you look so fashionable in them :)

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Oh my Dior! said...

you make me love turbans!!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

brittin said...

I'm completely aware that this is a look I could not get away with but I love seeing it on other people!
esp in the jewel tones ;)

brittin
www.wewhoshop.wordpress.com

Megan Elizabeth Rose said...

i need to do this!

x

www.cokeandcrumpets.blogspot.com

David Diaz said...

I love the photos!

David
www.VirtuallyStunning.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Timing really is everything. I love the idea but don't think I can pull it off! xxx
http://reallyliteral.blogspot.com/

blogcoholic said...

i love it! I hope I can buy my own turbands and be able to wear it in some ocassions!

Market Publique said...

Wow! That's awesome! Congratulations!
Love the look, so glad you will be rocking it this season!

xx said...

gosh i love this!
http://ddianakangg.blogspot.com/

Sover said...

I like turbans! It is make woman so adorable!
http://moodforfashion.blogspot.com/

uraraa said...

did NY times cover that? haha, yes it's been all over the blogs. mine too..:)

RenaissanceGyrl said...

Mrs. Ambrose does it BEST! Love this homage to the resurgence of the Turban! Keep the inspiration coming!

Ciaociao, Anastasia

www.renaissancegals.blogspot.com

Dai Freitas said...

Love love turbans !!

See this blog from Brazil!
http://acessorioseachados.blogspot.com/2010/12/especial-turbantes-tendencias.html

Dai Freitas said...

Love love turbans !!

See this blog from Brazil!
http://acessorioseachados.blogspot.com/2010/12/especial-turbantes-tendencias.html