6.22.2009

{ costume of the day } poison apple

wore my very favorite jacket today, to finish off a punky / victorian / gothic feeling.



as is often my habit, i styled this getup around a new necklace i was dying to wear! nothing makes me quite as happy as new jewelry (except maybe new shoes).


the centerpiece of this freshly-made black-magic bouquet is a erie resin-bound scarab from the 1930's, which i found at a market in paris. as i began to sculpt around it with my bits of silk and chain, it reminded me of some victorian bibelot ~ a token of unrequited love perhaps? or something more sinister ~ maybe a voodoo curse?



in the event that the trifle indeed held poisoned secrets, i nestled it under a beguiling golden orchid ~ sweet on the surface, beastly below... a miniature garden of good + evil.



custom sunnies, self-designed necklace, reworked vintage jacket, vintage muscle-t, f21 skirt, club monaco clutch, dolce + gabbana shoes



for me, in the end, this necklace will tell a tale of love lost. it's soon shipping off to shrimpton couture, destined to grace the nape of some other lucky lass.

34 comments:

vivian said...

I love your outfit! Its so perfect it kills me! I'm insanely jealous right about now.

~vivian

Daphne said...

That really is the best jacket ever!

InnyVinny said...

Amazing necklace, girlie!!

Brigadeiro said...

Love the necklace, and absolutely adore your vintage jacket! It's stunning!
xx

Damsels said...

wow i love the story about the scarab you are such an amazing jewelry designer . im gonna save up for one of your necklaces :)
i can see why that coat is your fave i love it
so glamourai
http://chouchou-robine.blogspot.com/

lynn10w40 said...

Jewelry with an Egyptian theme is my personal fave. Scarabs are good luck. Nothing ill-omened in that piece That jacket is very interesting with those cuff details. Reminds me of a similar haberdashery style jacket in my closet from 20 years back. Still, those D&G shoes steal the show.

chicfaced said...

oh glamourai, you are an endless inspiration. love that necklace (duh), and also loving the debuts of the new d&g shoes!

Anonymous said...

i've LOVED your dolces these past two posts. you are one lucky, glamourous girl. looking beautiful as always!

Adrianna Traxler said...

You totally have an eye in style. The fact that you create such unique necklaces and mix so many diff. pieces and make it work, is amazing. I just love that your looks remind me of editorial oufits.

Katy said...

The necklace is divine and your outfit is beyond perfect! Your shoes!!!

MartiniOnTheRocks said...

Nice, nice, nice, beautyfull!!!!

Anita Puksic said...

Great necklace. I like the whole outfit.

Stay good, peace and love ! (:

Tiphaine said...

Hi !
I've just added you as my favorites in my "must-visit" column,because I really really like your style, would you agree to visit my blog and maybe if you like it add me as I did ... ?
see ya' beauty !

Wendygital said...

The necklace is completely lovely, as well as the story around it! :-)
And that jacket is a found treasure!

Revolution Malibu said...

Stunning as always!

Justine-R said...

Amazing necklace!

Justine

Hélène Heath said...

oh man, those chose are freackin killer!!!

xox

{Tara} said...

This is one of my favorite of your necklaces so far...which, by the way, I've been eyeing obsessively since you put up your Etsy shop -- so beautiful!

Ashley said...

So gorgeous! The entire outfit and the necklace are stunning. Also, loooove your hair!!

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Ljubica said...

your outfits are always so inspiring!

http://goldglitteretc.blogspot.com

eLLy* said...

I like the way you had written about your necklace. How magical! :) eLLy*

Diana said...

That's an utterly amazing jacket!

xAZD said...

absolutely love the stripy jacket! and the necklace is so wonderful.
xx,
Alice
http://xazddesign.com

Hadley said...

oh my god. amazing jacket and necklace.

The Village Idiot said...

you are sooo talented, seriously. The trinkets you create have really inspired me to start crafting again!

Kasia W. said...

Beautiful necklace!

Eyeliah said...

Oh course I know why it is your favorite jacket, so beautiful!

Sara Bara said...

dressing up a muscle-t : AMAZING!

Yuri said...

gorgeous jacket! ^^
Love it!


xoxo,
twothousandthings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you have the most fantastic style!!

AndPerseo said...

I love your outfits and your blog. I have been a fan since a long time ago!!

You always look so perfect wearing clothes that are beautiful but that not a lot of people would wear.

XOXO

http://andromedaperseonouveau.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how well you mix such distinctive patterns. Every outfit is like a work of art! =)

Fräulein Luise said...

What for an extraordinary necklace !

Unknown said...

you mix patterns so well! I am lacking in that dept.