6.24.2009

{ summer moodboard } moroccan bohème

whether packing for an exotic holiday, or looking to let some sun into my busy city life, i rely on a few faithful fashions to sizzle (but not swelter!) in the summertime:


(steven meisel for vogue italia / may 2009)
  • chunky, tribal jewelry dresses up city-slick looks and teeny bikinis alike (yes, i always accessorize my swimwear).
  • drippy printed pants ~ the bigger and louder the better ~ pair well with a safari jacket for work, a sheer tunic for play. swingy silk is always cooler and comfier than rigid denim!
  • khaki separates can calm any colorful look (in my book, the same goes for leopard print ~ i find it to be surprisingly neutral and therefore quite versatile).
stay chic despite the heat!


(matthew williamson / resort 2010)


(christian dior / fall 2009)

(steven meisel for vogue italia / may 2009)


(roberto cavalli / resort 2010)


(christian dior / fall 2009)

(steven meisel for vogue italia / may 2009)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the printed pants! Absolutely gorgeous and flowing silk.

Lizabeth xoxo
euphoriaswarmsin.blogspot.com

Ming Min said...

Nice blog
check out my fashion blog
www.mattressesandmetal.blogspot.com
thanks

Brigadeiro said...

Ah! My sisters accessorize their swimwear too, and having grown up in Brazil we're a huge fan of chunky ethnic jewellery dressing up our swimwear :)

Beautiful post!
xx

InnyVinny said...

The visuals add so much to the bullet points; well picked. =D

I thnk I need a break from denim. I live in jeans, and it's just...too...hot...

Maybe I should just break down and get those palazzos?

Iris said...

Thanks for sharing your secrets! I adore the pants and I LOVE tribal jewellery (although mine is on a brief hiatus - jewellery and curious little baby hands don't mix)!

Allie! said...

I agree on how stunning Moroccan glamour can be... all I really want to look like in the summer is a jet setter that settled somewhere along the equator!

-Allie!
missmaterialist.blogspot.com

Allie! said...

btw, I think I added all 50 of your glam-movie-choices to my Blockbuster queue. (You should add "Valley of the Dolls" to this list- or it is incomplete :) !)

-Allie!

Katy said...

I was just thinking about this earlier today, and I couldn't agree more.

Unknown said...

so fucking good. the pants in the first photo are blowing my mind.

Isabel said...

Dude, you have to buy those Matthew Williamson resort pants. They're crazy good!

joy said...

I love chunky metal jewelry. so happy to see it make a comeback