the lovely + talented alice, of the art/blog/portfolio xAZD design, made the most charming pastel drawing of me, inspired by this post. i think she did an amazing job ~ i'm totally flabbergasted!
this piece is one of many beautiful works showcased on her stunning site. i love how alice and her two blogmates (all three are fashion students in new york) combine influences from art, fashion, and media in their work ~ one of my favorite examples being this collaged page from the new york times style section:
thank you xAZD!!!



16 comments:
lovely!
loveee it!
http://thedollhouse0101.blogspot.com/
thank you so much for posting it and for your kind/flattering words!
xx,
Alice
http://xazddesign.com
Almost as beautiful as you.
OT question: What's a man to do who's required to wear a dress shirt and tie to work every day? I try to mix things up sometimes; monochrome some days (Regis Philbin ca. 2000), other days two colors that ordinarily aren't seen together (eg. shrimpy-orangy shirt with lime-greeb tie with tiny blue dots -- unusualy but very sherbet-summery).
I'd appreciate any advice!
Oh poop, I can't spell today. That should have been "lime-green," "orangey," and "usually."
Fifty whacks with the Oxford Unabridged for me.
I meant "unusual."
Time for a nap.
@ MisterRobert: Mondays are hard!!! LOL.
RE: work wear ~ it sounds like you're on the right track. I think fit is somewhere you can play a little. Tom Browne has made a career of tweaking menswear fit in subtle ways, and you can often revamp your existing wardrobe just by playing around with you tailor. Tighten your shirts, cuff your pants, shorten your ties... Subtlety can be the most daring move of all!
Obviously, I love mixed prints, and would do plaid-on-plaid, polka-dot-on-polka-dot. Check ebay for vintage Liberty ties ~ I recently bought some for my brother ~ their washed-out colors look great with a chambray shirt. Also, cuff links are a great way for guys to work in a bit of bling!! I buy them for my brother & my boy all the time.
Hope some of this helps...
xoxoglamourai
Thanks! Do you mean Liberty of London ties? I found some that are being offered 6 for $8.
I like the idea of cufflinks as well... Maybe even a tie clip or two.
Today I have on a just-this-side-of-olive-drab dress shirt with a shimmering gold tie. Nice contrast.
Thanks again!
P.S. (And I hate to be a posting hog today, but...) if any men are reading this blog who think that clothes really don't make the man, guess again. I go into a supermarket, Home Depot, wherever, dressed in shorts and sandals and polo shirt... Completely ignored. I go into those same places with a snazzy dress shirt-pants-tie combo, and it's "Good afternoon, SIR!" "May I help you, SIR?"
I find that when you're well-dressed, you command respect because you act and carry yourself as though you deserve it.
@MrRobert: Liberty of London, yes. And that's a great price!!! I say buy them - they're classic and easy to mix + match.
I totally agree with your last comment ~ clothes CAN change lives! The way you dress really does influence the way other people respond to you. I always say 'dress like the man (or woman!) you want to be!'
xoxoglam
I agree, you two!
xx,
Alice
http://xazddesign.com
I put in my bid -- Wish me luck!
When I get them, I'll take and post on my blog some pics of me wearing them. Looking forward to being a bit daring!
amazing! What an honor!
shes a great blogger
i love it
We Were Damsels
Good luck MrRobert! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!
xoxoGlam
im sorry, but this is ugly.far away from being as pretty as you are!!!!!
Post a Comment