2.01.2012

{ graphic goodness }

living in the over-the-top sensory experience that is new york city makes me appreciate coming home to a calming palette of black and white. but just because i like to keep the spectrum simple, doesn't mean i want it minimal. au contraire! bold, graphic pattern radiates energy ~ and i love the verve this new houndstooth rug from nuLOOM has injected into my living space. i've also bought a few more striped poufs since THIS POST ~ they're like little candies scattered all about my place! super handy for impromptu entertaining, plus i figure a gal can never have too much of a fun thing.



{ helmut lang jacket (worn in top pic ~ find a more affordable version of it HERE), gifted victoria's secret dress (similar option HERE), zara shoes // striped moroccan pouf, nuLOOM rug }


87 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelly you look stunning! I love the dress and prints!

love from San Francisco,
Britt+Whit

B.Weber said...

This dress is simply amazing.

HauteStandards

Brandi said...

I love all the prints!

Fashion Tidbits said...

Good gosh, kelly. You are a stunner!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

You are the queen of graphic minimalism! Love your eccentric taste in prints and textures...when in doubt, black and white it out! Love your pad...the progress is so fun to watch!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture.com

xx said...

beauty! xx

Sarah Sekaran said...

Beautiful dress, you look stunning!

keepcalmandcarrylipstick.blogspot.com

lacoquettedelamode said...

That dress is beautiful... stunning photos as always!

XX Kathryn
http://lacoquettedelamode.wordpress.com/

RocksPaperMetal said...

Love the minimal jewelry. The dress speaks for itself. Perfect accessorizing!

<3

www.RocksPaperMetal.com

Jen said...

You look absolutely gorgeous as per usual and your use of black and white (and gold!) has me floored once again. No one makes it look as glamourous as you do!

Hope you're having a great week!
xox
Jen

MissKait said...

those photos are great.
i'm totally in love with that dress

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl

Unknown said...

Wow, that dress and those shoes are gorgeous!! Beautiful pictures! I love your style. :)

♥ Check out my blog: Principessa Gabriella

FashionFlirt said...

wow these photos are simply stunning!

http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.com/

kisses, Jasmin

everlightly said...

love everything about these photos! the rug, the dress, looks great !!


<3
pia
http://everlightly.blogspot.com/

Stefanie said...

love love love those shoes!

http://whimsicallittlethings.wordpress.com

Brigita said...

If I had such a carpet I would definitely take photos laying on it!
Love those shoes, Zara is getting better and better on making them!

http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com/
xx Brigita

modelovers said...

fabulous Pics!

Tanja

www.modelovers.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dress!! And perfect setting for the photos!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

Bridgid said...

Wow, these photos are stunning! that dress on that carpet.. amazing! i would loooove to have your house haha ;)

www.phoandchips.com

Suzi Maynard said...

lovely dress & glitter heels! Cute pouf-love your reference to candy!
Suzi x
For the Love of Audrey

Tayler Worrell said...

LOVE this. Definitely is inspiring me to wear more prints!!

www.styleinterplay.com

Honorata said...

Nice pictures, like your Zara shoes!

www.mymoodmyday.com

letiziabarcelona said...

you look like a model! absolutely amazing, that dress is gorgeous!

✘Letizia❤

http://www.letiziabarcelona.com

Jain Fiorella said...

the dress is so beautiful!! and you look stunning!!!

http://profdrskinnybitch.blogspot.com/

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

absolutely in love with your dress! looking gorgeous!

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

Daisy said...

the dress is incredible!

Christina Sophia Gomes said...

You look absolutely stunning! :)

isaobeso said...

In love with that dress and those shoes!! so gorgeous!

visit my blog PEOPLE WEAR FASHION

Domonique Wilson said...

Monochrome prints.....simply perfection as is this dress!

http://lilylovelock.blogspot.com/

x

Clémence said...

Stunning!

And the setting is perfect! A real match !!!

Xx

http://murmureparis.wordpress.com/

Malena said...

Beautiful dress!

Lilli said...

Beautiful!

Isabella Smulders said...

Stunning pictures!
I love the dress :)
xoxo www.chicfashionfreak.com

The PvdH Journal said...

The dress is just gorgeous! There is a certain Alaia quality to it (would have never thought it was Victoria's Secret!).

Roxanna said...

Great dress and beautiful backdrop! Very 60s glamour :).

xx Roxanna

www.dissectmystyle.com

The Fancy Teacup said...

The intricate detail on the dress and those glittered kicks are spectacular. x

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Alizée said...

You are Gorgeous! I love so much this sandal from Zara they are perfect!

Bisous, Lizzie

Lindsey said...

This is just a stunning combination. Thanks for providing links to the rug and poof!

simple et chic said...

I'm in love .. you really look beautiful in this dress and the shoes are to die for .. I like the atmosphere of the photos .. glamourous :)

www.simple-et-chic.com

Eugenia Woods said...

Beautiful photos! I absolutely love that rug.

thestyleflux said...

What a beautiful dress! stunning!


Kaye
http://thestyleflux.blogspot.com

C'est Mignon said...

Your dress is lovely! I love:)

Bisou*

Caitlin said...

I love your shoes and dress!

Yuka said...

love the shoes!! xx

http://dontthinkjustfeel-yuka.blogspot.com/

Style Footprints said...

Amazing pictures, you look fab. Love the look with the jacket in the first pic. Grat prints, looks very city.

Www.stylefootprints.blogspot.com

Daniela said...

The dress looks so cool against the carpet and all the different prints.

Liz said...

I'm currently decorating my home and am focusing on about 2-3 colors but it's been so much fun to explore the creativity within those hues!
Great post and keep us updated on interesting additions to your home!
XO-Liz

Deborah said...

This graphic mix is amazing!

jas said...

cool dress

http://jas-tidbits.blogspot.com.au/

indulgenceissimple said...

gorgeous dress!
indulgenceissimple.blogspot.com

Lisa Griffin said...

i love how you've decorated the place and this dress is beautiful!
in dramatic fashion

Nanina said...

Oh, LOVE! YOu look amazing. I'm not sure if the dark blue I'm seeing isn't actually black, but it looks amazing on you! Spot on!

House of Avandan said...

Such a gorgeous dress, you look stunning.

A jewelry blog.
http://www.houseofavandan.blogspot.com

thankfifi said...

such beautiful shots and I love the dress with the pattern grounds.x

Bravoe Runway said...

WOW! I love LOVE the houndstooth style carpet you are photographing on! And that dress is from VS??? Looks like an M Missoni number! Love it!

Halle said...

Your necklace reminds me of this one:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/91202238/passing-the-bar-necklace

My favorite to wear with everything!

Love the posting!

www.romancingthestones.wordpress.com

IshM said...

beautiful, it's soooooo pretty
http://tiny-heart-beats.blogspot.com/

Monroe Steele said...

there are no words

xx
Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

matchalattewardrobe said...

I LOVE the dotted stripes and the round décoletté. Such a statement piece.

http://matchalattewardrobe.blogspot.com/

Missy said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe those shoes are from Zara. They look so $$$.

fashion is my song said...

fantastic

xoxo

Bougiehippie said...

I love how you mastered they laying pose!

Life's a shoe said...

what a gorgeous dress!!! and I so love those zara shoes, so sad wasnt able to snag a pair for myself

Vanessa - PureGlam.tv said...

Gorgeous pictures - so wonderful

Tanja - PureGlam.tv or via Facebook-Page

Haute Eyes said...

Love that pouf and the new rug! I want to get a poof for my new home office! How did you get the rug since they only sell to retailers? Id love to know because i love their stuff!!

xo
Caitlin
http://hauteeyes.com

MSDOLLYDECORATOR said...

Where's the necklace from?!!

XX.dd

Minnie and Daisy said...

This dress is DIVINE!!! xoxo Minnie&Daisy

Unknown said...

So stunning! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Janet Saucedo @StudioBlueJewelry said...

Beautiful photos.

xoxo
Janet

K. Gussa said...

That shoes are beautiful !
Kisses www.kgussa.blogspot.com

leesicam said...

Totally flawless!

Sarah said...

You look absolutely amazing in that dress and the rug is beautiful! Love it <3

xoxo

Sarah
www.TheCoolHour.com

Sohl in the City said...

Those Zara shoes are killer!

ivana said...

THIS DRESS KICKS ASS!!!

Unknown said...

I love the dotted line pattern on this dress. gorg!!

~Heather

SAMANTHA said...

this is absolutely stunning, i love love love the dress.



www.dragonnfruit.com

My Savage Side said...

love the dress and the photos!

www.mysavageside.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

maravilloso vestido!
precioso

thechicmode.blogspot.com

Modas_diva said...

You look stunning! Lovely ! xx

Annabelle said...

Gorgeous shoot! I need to figure out how to incorporate more graphic patterns into my own space.

Queen Bee of Beverly Hills said...

That dress is fabulous!

Labella Luxe said...

The dress is darling!!

Hanz, Fashionista Era Design said...

so very gorgeous!! i love this outfit :)) you look stunning!!

xoxo hanz
www.fashionistaera.blogspot.com

jas said...

stunning dress kelly! you are a great model as well :)

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com

Audrey B said...

Gorgeous! www.casualglamorous.com

Anonymous said...

so glamorous ! beautiful living too ^^

http://murmures-de-penderie.blogspot.com/

thepinkmateproject said...

Wow! You look absolutely gorgeous! I love the black & white inspiration!

Vanessa

http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/