1.12.2012

{ homeostasis }

i know i've settled back into the new york swing of things when i'm once again swathed in layers of wonderful, uncomplicated, fail-safe black:



{ rag + bone hat, ray ban sunnies, primary coat, moon collective dress (from beehive in austin), pour la victoire bag, hue tights, l.a.m.b. shoes }


114 comments:

Luna S said...

oh my gosh, your hat and glasses are so perfect! love the sheer dress to death x

luna
lunaoffduty.blogspot.com

modelovers said...

WOW you look wonderful! Great style!

Tanja

www.modelovers.com

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

gorgeous look, especially the hat :) you can't go wrong with all black :)

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

Love the dress and hat combinasion!

http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com/

Mr J said...

Such an amazing look! Love your style!!

Fashion Agony said...

Gorgeously put together!

xoxo
Fashion Agony blog

The Sister Studio said...

Loving everything about this. You have THE best style!

www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

Rockygirl said...

So pretty !! You always know how to layer with style !
xo from France

Rockygirl

www.rockygirl.fr

Tali @ RockMyHeels said...

wow astonishing look! the sleeves of your coat are just beyond!! <3

xx

Tali for www.Fetishists-Notes.com

Secondhand Stella said...

Love your bag and shoes! Great outfit!

Enter my Leuer earring giveaway!

http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/01/color-crush-giveaway.html

Anonymous said...

fabulous outfit. I love that polka dress.

Eleanor said...

Could one say you're "back in black"? ;)

Joana Caldeira said...

Love the hat and the glasses :)

http://callme-jo.blogspot.com/

Violets and Cardamom said...

Always love an all black look! And that jacket is beyond cool!

Domonique Wilson said...

I love how although this outfit is head to toe black you've added the sheer dress to mix it up.Killer look!

http://lilylovelock.blogspot.com

x

Nancie said...

perfect outfit!! Looking good!
http://nanciemwai.com/2012/01/what-i-wore-more-crocs/

Supal said...

oooh love the flowy dres?? Polka dots are awesome!!

www.chevronsandeclairs.com

Lisa Griffin said...

love that hat! it must be the photos but it looks like you are in layers of navy? either way it looks great!
in dramatic fashion

Rory said...

I love that dress SO MUCH! <3
Rory
www.WearAboutsBlog.com
CHICTOPIA

Sheree said...

Every piece is fab..love the coat and shoes!

IshM said...

the glasses are cool, and i love the dress
http://tiny-heart-beats.blogspot.com/

Deborah said...

I love your hat! And the coat is amazing!

one girl, one blog said...

Great look!
http://one-girl-one-blog.blogspot.com/

Lindsay said...

Effing fabulous.

FashionFlirt said...

wow your outfit is so stunning, love everything!

Love your blog, check out mine:

http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.com/

kisses, Jasmin

Unknown said...

love the hat and polka dots Kelly! chic as always

love from San Francisco,
Britt+Whit

The Fancy Teacup said...

Such a well put-together look! The bag, the hat, that darling dress...absolute perfection. x

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Ambyr said...

Those L.A.M.B. heels look awesome with your tights. Cute look. Black is my (obsessively) go to color. Love it.

xoxo
http://www.thewrittenrunway.com

Laura Burtis said...

You are absolutely gorgeous!! Love the outfit so much!

Render Sublime said...

I love this fail safe black look. The bag adds interest. love it!

http://ficklesense.blogspot.com/

tres chic chica said...

great dress and booties!!

http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

Ginny Bell said...

I have the same dress from my favorite Austin store, Beehive! Haven't worn it quite like that...gone more 50s glam with black patent heels, gold belt and red lip. Thanks for the ideas! Love the outfit.

Bravoe Runway said...

I love this look!! I would love to go to Beehive to check out that store :) Love the coat too :)

Erica said...

Your hair is fabulous; it looks so great with hats like that!

http://www.theprettyfactor.blogspot.com

Polly said...

That dress is divine!
x
polway.blogspot.com

relish said...

beautiful sheer dress!
xx

http://relisherr.blogspot.com

Brandi said...

I love that purse.

House of Avandan said...

Those shoes are gorgeous!

My blog has a new look, check it out!
http://www.houseofavandan.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

I'm loving the coat!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the beehive in austin! so cute!!

http://www.brightontheday.com

betty said...

love the outfit ,.... perfect... classsy !!!

http://betty-freestylescraps.blogspot.com/

http://betty-freestylescraps.blogspot.com/

andreia said...

You always look amazing , love your look head to toe!!! The sleeves of your coat are especially amazing!!

Miriam said...

How is it possible?? You always look gorgeous!! I mean ALWAYS!
I could comment in your blog every single day writing the same :))))))) Amazing look and pictures.
xxx
Miriam

Amy (whatimlovinglatey) said...

I love all black outfits and yours is gorgeous! Those shoes are amazing too!

Caitlin said...

Love that bag and dress!

xo
Caitlin
http://hauteeyes.com

Jess said...

love the bag and hat. xx
http://www.laceandfadedjeans.com/

Savannah Marie said...

The glasses & the hat really give it a little something extra! LOVE THE OUTFIT!

Cheers,
Savannah
http://www.everybodysbuyingvintage.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

Love the texture of that look! Especially the bag!!

Mandy
The Klury Report & Kini Style

Unknown said...

Hat, Polka dots, fur, round sunnies.... DO NOT take this as an insult but this is an outfit I cant wait to wear when Im an old woman. I plan on being a very glamourous old woman (it will take me a lifetime to collect clothing as nice as yours) and I also plan on dying my hair pink which is something I always wanted to do but never did.

-Nico

www.SatinandSalt.com

ps, I just had jaw surgery and im stuck in bed on painkillers... which also leads to long winded comments on every blog i read.

Kathrina Wojtala said...

Amazing heels! Great look!

SAMANTHA said...

obsessed with this polka dot dress. stunning, fantastic layering!



www.dragonnfruit.com

Anonymous said...

I adore your shoes!

Unknown said...

Love your shoes!!!
http://www.chasingruins.com/

My Savage Side said...

you look fantastic!! love the look!

www.mysavageside.blogspot.com

Molliee said...

love that bag! fab!

Anonymous said...

That dress is super cute! Kind of looks like my tights today. Also, that bag..hilarious.

Unknown said...

Polka dotsssss :) love it!

Xx
www.pretpenser.com
www.pretpenser.com
www.pretpenser.com

Yonosoyunaitgirl said...

Wonderful pics! I love this dress! XOXO

Andrea said...

Sooo pretty. The outfit is absolutely fabulous!
xoxo
Andrea
Wonderful and Marvelous

NICOLE said...

polka dots!! soo fun so cute

Shannon Beer said...

That coat is absolutely amazing! Love the dress too x

Roxanna said...

GREAT hat and bag. You're like a retro Coco Mademoiselle ;).

xx Roxanna

www.dissectmystyle.com

Liesbeth (candyandtreats) said...

That is THE greatest coat I have EVER seen. So sad it has sold out :-(

Sarah Sekaran said...

Gorgeous, as always. Can't go wrong with black. ;)

keepcalmandcarrylipstick.blogspot.com

Style Footprints said...

Love this look, I like your new york style, it's very accessible.

Www.stylefootprints.blogspot.com

kaitlyntru said...

All black, but still getting your girl on with polka dots. <3

Anonymous said...

I am dying to get a hat like that :)
Luvv, Leigh B

David Diaz said...

Mysteriously FIERCE! :D

xo

yvo said...

love the polka dot trend!

Honorata said...

The coat with its zipped sleeves is awesome!

www.mymoodmyday.com

Chantelle said...

You look so stunning!

Fido said...

you look beautiful as always!!and love your hat! :)

www.fido-land.blogspot.com

Little Red Book said...

Love that dress!

http://www.littleredbook-thatshaute.blogspot.com
@littleredbookxo

Jain Fiorella said...

amazing outfit!!! love it!!!

http://profdrskinnybitch.blogspot.com/

jas said...

pretty dress. i want to pet your bag

http://jas-tidbits.blogspot.com/

ALLAROUNDEVE said...

My mum has those shoes :)

EAK

Lace and Tulle said...

Love this outfit!!!!

Meenakshi (meen-ak-she) said...

Love the sheer dress!!

Happy Friday!
www.dashysassy.com

Patriczioza said...

You look great. I love this outfit :)

http://twin-spin.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

That bag is brilliant?!

SymbioticLife said...

Those shoes and that bag are divine. Their detailing makes them so special.

walking dot photography said...

Gotta love that NY black! :)
-giedre

Théa Unknown said...

Really lovely!



xo
Théa Unknown
http://theaisunknown.blogspot.com/

Alison said...

love all the different textures! even in all black its fun to look at

<3 Alison
alisonscampusfashion.blogspot.com

Ria said...

Love the sleeves on that coat. Great photos.

Genie said...

I love the dress, it looks awesome with the coat and heels.

xoxo,
Genie

www.uniqueandchicstyle.blogspot.com

lioninthewild said...

I'm sure you've heard it a million times before (and apparently on this post), but you really do style pieces perfectly. I also really enjoyed your Professional Blogger Spotlight interview and advice on IFB. Thanks!

Yuka said...

wow. just perfect! xx

http://dontthinkjustfeel-yuka.blogspot.com/

petrichore said...

Interesting coat--only one of the lapels has sequins? And sort of like an oversized men's blazer style?

minima/maxima, a blog about minimalist style

champagnecocktails said...

obsessed with polka dots at the moment and obsessed with that dress!! amazing!

http://champagnecocktailscashmeredreams.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love the look!
http://youngfashionn.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Gosh I love your style!!!

http://onemoonfourstars.blogspot.com/

designchic said...

Not just any black...you look so chic and sophisticated...love the shoes!!

Ravenna Moreira said...

P . E . R . F . E . C . T!!!!!
<33



www.pulsacoesplanetarias.blogspot.com
www.pulsacoesplanetarias.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow great outfit! so put together

Xo

Prairie-princess.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

I love your coat. The sleeves are ingenious!

Corina said...

I loved for many reasons!!! You have a most fantastic style that I ever saw it!! Love it all!! Congrats!!
http://corinamvieira.blogspot.com/

Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

so chic! i want to pet your bag!!
xx

ASIA DE MONTESQUIEU said...

Your style is so effortlessly chic. And the L.A.M.B. shoes are more than made for walking; they are pure art.

B.Weber said...

Perfection


HauteStandards

Anonymous said...

This outfit is perfection down to a T.

Love the hats and the details of the jacket

xo theextrainch

Anonymous said...

stunning look ;)
specially the bag :D

http://ladytrendy.blogspot.com

xoxo

Cléo de Lucca said...

Gorgeous!!!
Love your look.

Kisses from Brazil.

Cleo de Lucca
minhaamigamedisse.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the combination of the sheer printed dress, the furry bag, and the edgy heels! It may all be dark, but there are so many fun touches to this outfit, it's miles from boring.

Labella Luxe said...

Love the coat and dress! Darling outfit!

Anonymous said...

CANNOT get over the fact of how IDENTICAL you are to Jessica Stroup of 90210! Crazy. Gorgeous.

Molly said...

Lovin it!

xx
www.mollyeeb.blogspot.com

The Wild Fleur said...

You are so damn CHIC ! I love your sparkly tuxedo jacket and furry purse :-)

Camille @ The Wild Fleur

Seeking Style said...

You are so gorgeous! Love this outfit!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

The Edit said...

Such a STUNNING Winter look. LOVE it.

xxx the edit xxx

http://theeditblog.tumblr.com/

Linda said...

gorgeous flowy dress!

http://keva.la/

Rebecca said...

Dear Kelly,

You look very elegant here and i love how you pair your dresses & overcoats, almost impossibly wrong.

Sincerely,
Rebecca @ styleantagonist.blogspot.com

designer imitation bags said...

Love the Pour La Victoire bag. Great look

Anonymous said...

great, love ur hat!

http://svenjataviundco.blogspot.com/