12.13.2011

{ golden girl }

black + gold has always been one of my favorite color pairings ~ in fact, this outfit is basically the dressed-down descendant of THIS ONE. of course, i prefer even my casual costumery with a heavy dollop of dazzling, so this gold-flecked coat and a decadent drizzle of gilded jewels were thrown in for good measure:

while the clothes all came out of my closet, most of the jewels are only mine for a while. one of the best things about prepping for shoots is watching heaps of bling filter through my studio ~ saying goodbye to them is one of the worst. however, i fell so deeply in love with the pieces seen here today that the world gold council (an organization that supports designers who work with the aurulent ore), agreed to let me hold onto a couple items for a few extra days' worth of wear. i gleefully took full advantage.


the necklace strung with two amulets comes from temple st. clair; i love the way the baubles feel like mystical crystal balls. the long locket hanging below them is a one-of-a-kind piece by kim kaufman. it's decorated with beautiful diamond-winged birds, and it felt like such a gift to get to wear!


the bangles are a mix of temple st. clair and bertoni ~ the simple-but-smashing sorts of pieces i could really get used to wearing every day.

since i was having such a major jewelry moment, i layered the look with a chain-fringed tank and subtly studded bag. why wear less sparkle when you can wear more?!

thank you to the world gold council for letting me live out my fine jewelry fantasies for few days! i will be a very sad girl when this carriage turns back into a pumpkin; there's just something about gold that i can't get enough of.

{ eugenia kim beanie, tiffany sunnies, primary jacket, temple st. clair & kim kaufman necklaces, rag + bone blouse (last seen HERE), alice + olivia tank (previously seen HERE), temple st. clair & bertoni bracelets, david yurman & catbird rings, blank nyc jeans (last seen HERE), rebecca minkoff bag, jean michel cazabat boots // see the full-length look ON FACEBOOK }

73 comments:

Katie said...

so much gorgeous! the jewelry is stunning--you're so lucky! i do love black and gold together...especially in the winter. the two are such a nice juxtaposition at this time of year!

Aida said...

Gorgeous look, the coat is amazing!!!


http://placequotehere.blogspot.com

everlightly said...

love it too !
you look great in that hat!
<3
pia

everlightly.blogspot.com

Red to Yellow said...

you have an amazing sense if style!!


http://redtoyellow.blogspot.com/

GlamourCoach said...

Super chic, great way to take boring casual to a exiting new level.

Alexandra said...

Wowza! What an amazing coat! I love this look on you, even if I'm not normally a gold gal. You make it work beautifully!

M said...

Amazing post! Love the coat ;)

http://thefashionmedicine.blogspot.com/

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Agreed! In my wardrobe, in the home...nothing screams GLAMOUR like the black and gold combo! LOVE your jacket!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

www.HauteKhuuture.com


p.s. Giveaway on my blog- Enter to win a FREE pair of shoes!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous shots, loving all these monochrome colours

http://www.vasilievablog.com/
x

FashionFlirt said...

love love love this! These photos are amazing and your outfit is stunning as well! :)

http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.com/

kisses, Jasmin

Miriam said...

You look so cute.
Wow! Take advantage of it! Lucky you! ;)
xxx

http://feelgoodlookcute.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous jewelry!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

and so it goes.... said...

SO SO BEAUTIFUL!

Natasha Fatah said...

Looking amazing - as always! Your fearlessness with the jewelry is the best!

www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

that is such a lovely jacket.
http://lifeandstylefjay.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

I looove all the rings. They are simple and perfect! xx
http://www.laceandfadedjeans.com/

Vanessa - PureGlam.tv said...

Love your jacket - so wonderful... Really great!

Tanja - PureGlam.tv or via Bloglovin

Stylin' & Profilin' said...

That blazer/jacket is A.MAZ.ING!!!

The life after said...

Very glamour!!

The Life After

stylish fox said...

COOL !

Nina said...

lovely accesoires!

Patrycja Tyszka said...

wonderful jacket !
greetings

Ambyr said...

This jacket is fantastic. The cut, color and flecks of gold are flattering on you.

xoxo
http://www.thewrittenrunway.com

Molliee said...

gorgeous outfit! I love the layers and of course, the pants!

The Fancy Teacup said...

Black and gold is one of my favorite mixtures, too. You look ultra chic as always, girl. x

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Unknown said...

black and gold definitely looks good together. i recently bought a sparkly black and gold sweater at a vintage fair. it's been my favourite top to wear this season since.

Anonymous said...

love the jacket and also how you have mixed all these accessories and that black hat. amazing and unexpected mix!

Exquisite Daydreams said...

Gorgeous outfit! Beautiful outfit!

Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

black and gold always looks amazing together :)

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

Closet Fashionista said...

That blazer is GORGEOUS! You look amazing :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

MissKait said...

that blazer is so chic ! i love it.
i love how you paired all of these wonderful pieces together!

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl

Mawes said...

The most fabulous outfit. So chic!

Natalia/Shandrese said...

I love the black/gold combo too! Your outfit is perfect...as usual :)

http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/

Kara said...

I'm in love with your jacket! lovely outfit

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love your white shirt and your bag!!

Giuliana Zapata said...

Me encantó, me encantó, me fascinó!

Chic In Vancity said...

Fabulous outfit! I love the pairing of gold and black! So rich and luxurious!
Happy Holidays!!
Bella xox
http://www.chicinvancity.com/

Bridg said...

Love the jacket, it's beautiful! am also in love with gold accessories.. i always feel more grown up for some reason when wearing gold! :)

B xx

www.phoandchips.com

Annie Chang said...

fabulous jacket! love the jewelry layering!

Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This may be my favorite outfit of yours! x

Chickey Designs said...

love the jacket and purse!

chickeydesigns.blogspot.com

Jerrica said...

I'm really into this look and accessories.

De,

Fashion Nostalgia

Annie_VintageDiggs.com said...

Those necklaces are stunning, and love them styled with all the black. Wish there was a better closeup to see the bird with diamond wings.

xoxo,
annie

I'm hosting a VINTAGE DRESS GIVEAWAY on my blog, stop by:

http://vintagediggs.com/products-page/dresses-clothing/

jas said...

great jacket and love all the jewellery

http://jas-tidbits.blogspot.com/

Dana said...

You are stunning. I love the way you pile on accessories, and can never manage to properly emulate the way you layer jewelry so effortlessly!
-Dana
dailydoseofdana.tumblr.com

Ballerina'sBun said...

I really love those casual looks ! You look so cool ! Xx nadine www.ballerinasbun.blogspot.com

Melody said...

I love the outfit, especially the jacket :)

teaandbubbly.blogspot.com

Camilla said...

What a lovely coat!!

Camilla, Scent of Fashion

Gauri said...

So cute!! Those sunnies are darling & I ♥ the necklaces & bracelets in your ensemble...you do prep so well..

Cheers!!!

http://glossandmagic.blogspot.com/

Nouchka said...

great shooting ! NOUSHKA

Anonymous said...

Lucky! That jewelry is beautiful! Love the jacket too :)

Luvv, Leigh B

Christina Sophia Gomes said...

I just love to see your outfit posts, so perfect! love it :)

Unknown said...

Loving ur whole look! Great beanie <3

Tye
www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

SymbioticLife said...

I love gold and I love the flecks in that jacket. It's the perfect subtle touch that demands extra attention.

isaobeso said...

gorgeous as always!! such good jewelry!

visit my blog PEOPLE WEAR FASHION

Violets and Cardamom said...

You look great! The jewelry is fantastic.

Caitlin said...

All the pieces of jewelry are amazing!! I want it all!! Love your jacket as well!

xo
Caitlin
http://hauteeyes.com

Audrey B said...

Gorge! Loving that blazer! x www.casualglamorous.com

Anonymous said...

i'm truly in love with your blazer!

http://svenjataviundco.blogspot.com/

Chloe Innvaer said...

That blazer is AMAZING! I love it!

Unknown said...

oohhh the jewellery is to die for!! :)

la tiquismiquis
http://tqsm.blogspot.com

Sarah @ Designs Good said...

Great jacket. I love the rings, too!

Emily said...

Your tweed coat is stunning with the gold flecks! Love!

Emily

moda + medialunas

signature mix said...

How exciting that you get to wear that stunning jewelry if only for a few days! And that gold jacket is the perfect pairing.

joelle van dyne said...

Gah that jewelry is stunning, especially the amulet pendants! Love it all paired with your low-key outfit.

MrsMommyB said...

I've never been a fan of gold jewelry on my fingers, but around my neck it's like dancing sunlight. I'm absolutely in love with big hanging chains and lots of volume in my jewelry. I think when you wear black and soft colors, it's the gold that brings the sparkle.

City Soles said...

Shop jewelry stores in Chicago, IL!

Visit CITY SOLES online for European designer shoes and accessories!

Alisia said...

Very hip jacket. Love it with the quilted bag!

Anonymous said...

What a great twist of fun to a classic jacket.

tictaczo.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Love you and your blog, I've been a follower for some time. I'm dying to know where you got the two rings connect by chain. I noticed that the specified where the thin gold rings were from but not that particular ring. Would love the tip :)

Assez Blonde said...

you probably get this the whole time, but you look so much like Silver from 90210! I did a total double take when I found your blog - which by the way, is amazing! Love this outfit, so effortless but chic.
assezblonde.blogspot.com
x

Its Mine I Made It said...

loveee this loook. simply perfection
love, alex

itsmineimadeit.com

Nataliya said...

the coat is great!
lovely pictures