
i hope all of you here in the states had a very happy thanksgiving yesterday ~ and that everyone else had an amazing thursday!! i have so much to be thankful for, including terrific readers (thank you!), a great family, and an incredible group of creative, kindhearted friends.

two of them, marie and fred, were recently married in austin (i flew in from this shoot to attend), in a celebration that was distinctive, inspiring, and very them.

my dear friend whitney (we've been thisclose since 6th grade!) and i served as flower girls, in crowns i whipped up (using this process, but with fuller garland and real flowers). she wore a custom-made louise black dress and vintage cape; i coordinated in an over-dyed marni gown (i bathed it in navy dye to better match whitney's look) and alexander wang boots.


the bride was beautifully bold in a buckskin, fringed poncho and ball skirt (made by leslie crow of heyoka leather and paired with white cowboy boots), the groom even bolder in a red velvet, saville row suit with black leather lapels (paired with a bolo tie and bare feet!).


it was a joyous occasion in every way, and i thought you might enjoy seeing this little peek as you head into a long weekend filled with family and friends.


{ special thanks to jordan and jacqueline for bestowing their hair and makeup magic on whitney and me!! }

55 comments:
OMG!!! This wedding is so eccentric and beautiful! Congrats to your dear friend! You look stunning as well! We hope it was a blast!
<3
The girls @ http://mygrandpascloset.blogspot.com/
That wedding looks like alternately the most beautiful/the cutes ever!! No better place to have it than Austin, haha
tictaczo.blogspot.com
The Coolest wedding ever!!!
xoxo from Rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.com/
You are beautifull!
Your dress turned out gorgeous with the extra dye you added and the flower garland pieces you and your friend are wearing are inspiring.
The coolest wedding ever! Stunning dresses!
In love with books? Get a look:
http://yabooksreviews.blogspot.com/
Thanks!
xxx
Thea
wow i've never seen a wedding like this before ...its different but still looks like a wedding!
http://redtoyellow.blogspot.com/
i love a good eclectic wedding! looks like it was a beautiful event!
Grown up flower girls are the best!! Likewise, mini-maids :)
XX.dd
Www.msdollydecorator.com
Wow what an incredibly beautiful event. Just stunning and so unique. Love the flower crowns. xx
So beautiful. Thank you for sharing this :)
Wow. You look absolutely GORG! Well actually everybody in those pics do. What a beautiful wedding. Thanks for sharing. It's so inspiring.
xxx
shoppalu.com
shoppalu.tumblr.com
Beautiful! Looks like a blast.
Wow, I love non-traditional weddings.
http://girlsnextbestfriend.blogspot.com
Such remarkable hair pieces. You girls look beautiful. x
www.TheFancyTeacup.com
looks like an amazing wedding! ps. your eyes are really pretty
wtfwhatthefashion.blogspot.com/
Wow, outstanding wedding gown!
LOVE how unique this wedding celebration was! Absolutely gorgeous! :)
Wow. These are all such beautfil photos. You look great.
We just put up new iPhone 4 bunny cases.
Come check them out:
Fashion Me Wild Boutiqur
What an absolutely stunning way to start the day! Beautiful :)
Thanks!
Reva
What an awesome wedding. Beautiful, eccentric, personal, stylish. Austin. Great photos too!
Looks like an amazing wedding. And how wonderful, such a thing to share with loved ones. You look gorgeous, as always, by the way.
Wow! I've never seen a Wedding like this! It seems eccentric but cool at the same time.
I think a wedding must reflect /be who you are. I love beach for example and my wedding was on the beach (Ibiza's sunset). All Weddings must be funny parties! As funny as possible ... :D
amazing photos!!
ciao from italy!
http://guendastoptoptips.blogspot.com/
you are gorgeous!!
xx ~ kristina
Amazing wedding!! and the flowers of your hair look gorgeous on you, loving them!!
xx
www.aliciainlondonland.wordpress.com
WOW! cool photos!
http://jas-tidbits.blogspot.com/
Love the third photo!
http://cestlavieophelia.blogspot.com/
gorgeous all the way - love the clothes, the style, the plaits!
so personal and gorgeous!it's inspiring
i love this wedding ;)
http://ladytrendy.blogspot.com
xoxo
uao!
Beautiful pictures - so special. Thank you for sharing!
Thank you for following back to my fashion and lifestyle blog.
Tanja - PureGlam.tv or via Bloglovin
That wreath you have on is divine. I just had to comment because you look gorgeous!!
These are amazing photo's. It's so wonderful to get to see such eclectic and wonderfully stylish taste. Those flower garlands are fantastic and I'm already looking around to see where I can find some false flowers to make my own.
such amazing photos! :)
xoxo
Maria Jernov
www.mariajernov.blogspot.com
These are such beautiful and warm photos :)
www.chevronsandeclairs.com
www.wandkarlo.blog.com
What a lovely wedding, I love the cowboys and native american theme. I would love it if you checked out my blog, I have interesting fashion posts.
www.thegirlinredheels.com
Amazing wedding! Thanks for sharing.
http://bohemiandaydream.blogspot.com/
Love the flower garlands -- so many gorgeous colors! It must have been a fabulous wedding.
Looks like a magical weekend and you look so Midsummernight's Dreamy!!
Gorgeous headpieces! What a lovely and unique wedding!
The forth and fifth photos are definitely my fav, you look beautiful as usual!
I'm hosting a GIVEAWAY!
where you can win a UCB shirt that Gives VOLUME to your Breast and Hips like a perfect PIN UP girl!
xx
WWW.PRETPENSER.COM
WWW.PRETPENSER.COM
amazing wedding !! unique, no word ! Noushka
Great photos!
Vanessa
http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/
What a different wedding! Love it!
Check out my INTERNATIONAL giveaway for the COASTAL SCENTS 88 PALETTE
http://www.dashysassy.com/2011/11/my-first-giveaway-is-here.html
www.dashysassy.com
what beautiful photos!
love those flowers in your hair.
lovely.
<3
pia
http://everlightly.blogspot.com/
Wow! I love the creativity and personality that was bestowed upon all of the details of this special day! Hats off to the bride and groom!
xo
Caitlin
http://hauteeyes.com
This is very cool, I love the fringes on the bride!
I could tell that this is one of a kind wedding celebration. :D
What a fun wedding. It totally makes sense that you'd have friends with such a unique personal style. Love the idea of adult flower girls!
Kendra
Closet Confections - A Sweet Little Personal Style Blog
This is freaking amazing. I wish I were a hippie native american texas bride... or whatever that is!
These photos are AMAZING! I wish I knew your friends, this couple is beautifully and unique. Those floral garland headbands are perfection!
xoxo,
annie
http://vintagediggs.com/blog/
So much love here ! You look amazing with your hair and makeup !
Post a Comment