9.01.2011

{ plaids }





{ karen walker 'number one' sunnies, gifted l.a.m.b. top, vintage moschino skirt (recently seen HERE / the plaid is created from rows of type!), anya hindmarch clutch, alexander wang shoe }


as my hair gets a teensy bit longer, i've been alternating between tighter, twenties-ish curls (as seen yesterday) and this looser, more natural wave (also worn on monday). it's the same process, but this time around i'm curling bigger sections at a time and using much less hairspray. love having another option! i can't wait till i can break into braids and buns and center parts and such. this is a whole new frontier of girlhood for me!!

84 comments:

Chantelle said...

Your shoes are absolutely incredible. I love monochrome outfits and your outfit is so effortlessly cool. I love your blog!

justchantelle.blogspot.com

The Fancy Teacup said...

Such a beautiful blend of grunge meets sophistication. And those shoes! Instantly in love.

♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Camille Beaudet said...

Such a great transition into fall...

www.ingenuestyle.blogspot.com

Alicia said...

Great outfit & I love your hair! I'm also kinda obsessed with those shoes :)

Anonymous said...

Loving this mix of plaids!! Can't wait to see you with braids!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

Lily said...

Loving those alexander wangs !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Joy said...

So envious that you can play up or down your hair. Great outfit.

Brigadeiro said...

Love how you managed to mix plaids, and those Alexander Wang shoes are GORGEOUS!
xx
http://brigadeirochoc.blogspot.com
http://www.peutetremagazine.com

The_Unemployed_Stylist said...

Oooooo I was very close to buying those, but didn't. And now I'm regretting....looks perfect with the plaid!!

http://theunemployedstylist.blogspot.com

Rockygirl said...

Grunge chic, I love it !!!
xo Rockygirl

www.rockygirl.fr

simpleideas.blogspot.com said...

woooow! amazing shoes!!! that pair is absolutely gorgeous!

Bridg said...

what fabulous shoes!! : ) you look amazing! : )

B xx

www.phoandchips.com

Andrea said...

Love the way you've put those plaids together. The shoes are so cool.

fashionmix said...

love your shoes <3

Kat said...

Stunning!

http://www.popyourclutch.com/

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Wow, amazing! Looks almost a bit like Vivenne Westwood!

SWK said...

Your hair is getting long....it looks good. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the shoes so much!

I'm like the reverse of you right now. I've always had long hair so I've tried out loads of braids and up dos over the years. (by that I mean my best friend the hairdresser has) but now my hair is a similar length to yours and everything is so shiny and new!

Lee x

http://theyellowboots.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Your plaid look is put together effortlessly. Great look!



Shop for great looks:
http://www.fashionmewild.com

Malena said...

Great pattern mix!

Vani said...

Amazing shoes!!
xoxo

Thedressingbooth

Unknown said...

such a special outfit ! love it, especially the top and the clutch

Great you can play around with your hair, mine is much longer but it always looks the same

www.tripsandtreasures.blogspot.com
new post : wedges vs. heels

CAMILLA said...

Great skirt ! :) And the shoes are also very nice.

FashionFlirt said...

Wow, that's so damn cool, love everything especially your hair! loveLOVElove from Alena

check out my blog, if you like:
http://fashionflirtblog.blogspot.com/

The PvdH Journal said...

Ohh looking very sultry. Love it.

I also have wavy/curly (it is a mixture of everything and highly temperamental!) , and I love how you style yours. Very cool.

A fellow designer,

PvdH

www.ThePvdHJournal.com

Un coup d'aile said...

the shoes are perfect!!!!

and also i tried your locks... well i ve let my coiffeur try them on me and i loved it!!!

lanciacoriandoli said...

i love this outfit!!!! your top is gorgeous!!!! and the shoes tooo! <3

Elena said...

OMG! Everything is fantastic! Love this outfit so much :)

Qué Acierto! said...

You look fantastic ¡nena!. I love your outfit

Unknown said...

i lOVE your hair! The short hair just does NOT work on me so I'm a bit jealous of you. For that, and this amazing outfit! Those shoes are to die for but the vest is definitely what I'm swooning over!

www.ThePantryDrawer.com

Unknown said...

Love this outfit- especially the top and shoes!
You hair looks great as well!

♥ Gina Michele
CrochetClouds.com

Elsa ❤ said...

I also wear tartan in my last post ! That's a sign ! Lol, well, I wish I could be one day as stylish as you !

Really coll outfit anyway
Kiss

<3 http://elsagorwalski.blogspot.com/ <3

Nikki said...

You are the master of mixing prints, Kelly! I love how this look holds a slightly grungy feel only with more "chic" than in the 90's. The clutch and shoes really pull it all together though. Fabulous!

www.cositabella.com

Annie Chang said...

adore those heels! chic shirt!

Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

blue roses said...

i love mixing polka dots and stripes, but i had never really contemplated plaid; most of my plaid is stolen men's shirts from my father, brother, and friends. i like that both the skirt and the blouse have a feminine cut.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

i love the contrast of plaid prints. lovely.

xo
http://thenovelboudoir.blogspot.com

sarah sayers said...

http://sarahwhat.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

your body is amazing and those shoes are killerrrr

ClosetConfections said...

Lovin' this girly grunge look, and those shoes are FAB-U-LOUS!

Closet Confections - A Sweet Little Fashion Blog

B. in the Know said...

Loving everything about your outfit here! Great mixing of plaids and paired with those heels - perfect.
Much love,
B

A said...

love the way you mixed the plaids and the shoes are so fabulous!!

http://anasworldoffashion.blogspot.com/

Closet Fashionista said...

Love this outfit! You look amazing, so does your hair :)
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

Daniela said...

Love the colors and mixing of the plaid. So chic!


Www.danielatabois.com

Nikki Ashley said...

Obsessed with this look!

I have a sudden urge to acquire more plaid in my life.

xo Nikki

Lisa Griffin said...

Those shoes are amazing, as well as that crazy skirt! I just went through this awkward hair phase and it only gets harder to decide at the other end!
www.indramaticfashion.com

bellis said...

love the look!!
and i really love your haircut!!

bellis**
www.bellisgirl.blogspot.com

Silvia from Born in 82 said...

Not only your outfit is beautiful but also the location! The pattern of your dress is perfect near the net.
Great job!

jen fuller said...

Ive just reached the hair length where I can pin it up, too, and it's so fun! so many options :) your hair is adorable!
Smoking Crayolas Blogspot

Unknown said...

love all the layering... and of course, the shoes!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Y. said...

Such gorgeous style!

xx
www.y-amour.blogspot.com

Emy said...

I love seeing all your hair transformations! I must say I am in love with those shoes, always into your outfits but those are stunners!! Wow! Can't wait to see you wear them this coming fall:)
xx
Emy

http://emykoster.com/

Kathy said...

Such a great color palette! love! xoxo

http://hellofridaybypaik.blogspot.com/

Michelle Lee said...

amazing shoes!

pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Audrey B said...

wow, LOVE your Alexander Wang booties! wwww.casualglamorous.com

Helo Muller said...

Amazing look! I loved!

http://blogheloisamuller.blogspot.com/

Heels and Sunkissed Curls said...

Outfit love! Obsessed with the shoes and top, but the whole look is really amazing!

Chelsea

http://www.heelsandsunkissedcurls.com/

Emily said...

I love the plaid on plaid - perfect! Am gonna give those curls a go...

SAMANTHA said...

LOVE this outfit and the mixing of plaids. perfect


www.dragonnfruit.com

Anonymous said...

I loove those Alexander Wang shoes! He is my favorite shoe designer ever - so amazing

xo Sherrie
Closet Hound

CK said...

Love mixing different patterned plaids together. And those Alexander Wang shoes are absolutely KILLER!

www.empirestilettos.com

Islandia Lane said...

love everything about this outfit especially the shoes! awesome.

augustalolita said...

gorgeous photos!! i love your shoes and clutch <3

Annelie said...

Love this outfit, and I LOVE the heels!!!!
http://anneliepop.blogg.se/?tmp=01175425 trying to hard? my latest post and my latest fashion "problem"

Kelsey K said...

Love, love, love this outfit! So pretty

Tanya Dempsey said...

I need those SHOOOOOOOOOOES! And are you kidding me with that skirt?! Gorge. x

soffi said...

those sunnies are perfect and we have a same haircut.:)

http://soffisinglesstyle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

lovely look and amazing shoes ♥

The Golden Girls said...

o0o0o0 I LOVEEE the plaids! wonderful combination, its a hard combo for people to pull off but you styled and rocked it to perfection!
xx
Golden White Décor

Unknown said...

Those shoes are amazing! I want some. :( Love the top too!

www.raesstylefile.blogspot.com

Leonie said...

Nice outfit & the shoes are great!

http://thesignaturebow.blogspot.com/
NEW OUTFIT POST: Joy Of Freedom

thankfifi said...

too cool for school - I am loving that skirt print.x

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit and the hair looks great! could you do a mini tutorial on mixing prints?

ps what color nail polish are you wearing

Anonymous said...

These A.Wang shoes are amazing! I love the way you combined all the prints together! Great outfit!


Okay, bye...
Givemeyourforever.com

Unknown said...

Great blog , nice style and pics, love totally ! XOXO

Clara Turbay said...

I lobve the purse ans shoes.

Carolyn said...

Just love the way your nails go with this outfit.

jas said...

love the top

http://jas-tidbits.blogspot.com/

dinamita.paquita said...

that nails are amazing!!
I'm looking for one of those!!

Natasha said...

The shoes are amazing! Want want want.

cheap designer handbags said...

This black clutch is very nice and the main think i like it is one handed clutch and its color is so attractive for me.

thepinkmateproject said...

those alexander wang shoes are just wonderful!!!

Vanessa

http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

C'est La Viii said...

Cool shoes!

www.cestlaviii.blogspot.com

Shasie said...

Such a great look! Love the combo of the different shades of plaid and of course the shoes are absolutely fabulous!
Shasie of Live Life in Style

TT said...

the shoes..