8.31.2011

{ rest stop dress }





{ karen walker sunnies, kelly framel necklaces and wrap bracelet, miu miu dress, michael kors watch, anya hindmarch clutch, gifted corello shoes }

a few weeks ago, i was driving back from newport, rhode island, when i suddenly had to use the loo. after pulling off the highway at the nearest exit, what should i find but a barneys-equipped outlet mall?! i ran in to use the facilities, and ran back out with this new miu miu dress in tow. didn't cost much more than a tank of gas!

79 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great find! gorgeous dress!

style-extraordinaire.com

daniela said...

FAB!!

www.danielatabois.com

DY said...

Rest. Stop.
Always beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a lucky find =]

I love the shoes too =]

Lee x

http://theyellowboots.blogspot.com/

The Fancy Teacup said...

The pattern of the Miu Miu dress is so exotically beautiful! And a steal of a deal, too. What a gem.

♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Leonie said...

Beautiful dress (those colors!) - what a great find! Love the shoes, too.

http://thesignaturebow.blogspot.com/
NEW OUTFIT POST: Celebrating Shangri-La

Unknown said...

gorgeous, stunning shots, stunning dress

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

Nikki Ashley said...

What a great find! The dress looks great on you too!

xo Nikki

Plami said...

Beautiful dress and great shoes!

XoXo
Plami

http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

Hillary said...

Wow! What a find! I love a Barney's outlet!

http://www.thoreausdaughter.com/

Kat said...

Freaking love the dress. And the sunnies. Bang on!

http://www.popyourclutch.com

Jennifer King said...

Great find! I like the red building in the background.

Queen B. said...

Awesome! Looks fabulous on you as well.

xoxo,
Queen B.

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Awesome! Some things were just meant to be...love how the print of the dress is echoed in the frame of your sunnies!

Beautiful end of summer look!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Michelle said...

i love serendipitous finds like that! adorable little dress styled perfectly!

thepinkmateproject said...

you definitely look gorgeous!

Vanessa

http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning dress!

http://cappuccinowithfashion.blogspot.com/

Audrey B said...

Amazing photos! I love how your dress looks against that red wall. Gorgeous as always! www.casualglamorous.com

Essiefashion said...

Beautiful outfit :D
Love the colors in your dress!!!
xxx

Unknown said...

such a pretty dress!!

xo
http://thenovelboudoir.blogspot.com

Un coup d'aile said...

this is what i would call a lucky find!! good job!!! hooray for the loo!!!

Isabel, Wake up & smell the azahar said...

Nice dress, but I absolutely adore that shoes, stunning ;)

Amber Richmond said...

That is such a gorgeous dress! Amazing find (and photos!)

http://taintedholograms.blogspot.com/

Our Sophisticated Planet said...

gorgeous dress and lovely with the strappy heels!

Delaney
xx

Unknown said...

Great find! It looks gorgeous on you!

♥ Gina Michele
CrochetClouds.com

Anonymous said...

Hello, I’m from Brazil,I like it
Very nice blog..I'm following *;*
> www.itgospel.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You look stunning! What a beautiful dress and a great find!

Alinka said...

Amazing dress !! ;)
Kisses
Alinka

ClosetConfections said...

Great find! At first, I thought you were wearing this outfit during your roadtrip, and I was SUPER impressed, lol!

Closet Confections - A Sweet Little Fashion Blog

fashionmix said...

love your blog <3

Unknown said...

wow, lucky you!!! the colors are amazing!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Kawtar said...

Greaaat dress !! Love your style !

http://kawtarcocktail.blogspot.com

Miranda said...

That dress suits your style perfectly!

Kate said...

the dress colors are stunning. i love the color combinations.

Copper Etiquette said...

The colors are a great comliment!
Buy Affordable Dresses Online

Fashionista in Oslo said...

Love your dress! And the setting is beautiful.

This is my favourite outfit now - shot in an allotment garden in Oslo, Norway:

http://www.fashionistainoslo.com/2011/08/autumn-garden.html

Khadija said...

I love that dress and your accessories, but it would never go with my coloring :(

Anonymous said...

The miu miu dress is one of those finds that will last till next summer.. http://jessiejamesonline.blogspot.com/

Kwil said...

It was meant to be!
lovely find.

Patrycja Tyszka said...

You look amazing in this dress!!:)
greetings

Berta said...

You look so stylist I really like the drees

Annie Chang said...

beautiful summery print!

Bises,
monkeyshines
http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

The Golden Girls said...

LOVEEE THIS! you are too cute <3
xx
Golden White Décor

Unknown said...

what an awesome find! Beautiful dress :)

xo Julia
galmeetsglam.com

Jazzmin Style said...

Beautiful as always!!! This dress is gorgeous!!! <3

http://dutyofstyle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh i love your shoes

http://girlynote.blogspot.com/

Mary @ stylefyles said...

what a lovely dress. And great photos!

Unknown said...

The dress is gorgeous!! And you are so chic as usual!

xx
www.fashionistasworld.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm dying for this outfit! The colors in the dress are gorgeous, I love the ruffles, and the SHOES! It helps that the background is really beautiful too. :)

Off the Cuff said...

I love the picture with your back to us. You look gorgeous as usual! :)

Malena said...

Beautiful dress! :)

Unknown said...

gorgeous outfit darling:D

xoxo Despite color

Anonymous said...

What a great find!! Looks amazing!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

Anonymous said...

lovely dress..nice colours!!

http://thefashpress.blogspot.com/

Molliee said...

I love it:) never passing up an opportunity to find a great deal!

Mihaela said...

you are beautiful. i love your dress.

if you're not following me already you could if you want to and i'll follow you back.

my blog♥mfashionfreak

Unknown said...

Stunning photos! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Bravoe Runway said...

miumiu a little more than a tank of gas??? Ummm Kelly is this a 4 cylinder or an SUV? Anyways..Love it and how is that you find a rest stop w/a barney's coop! TOO FAB!

Sandra said...

The dress is gorgeous!

www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

Brigadeiro said...

Seriously?!? What a score! Love the colours and print on that dress, and for less than a tank of gas? I'm jealous! I need outlet malls with Barneys...
xx
http://brigadeirochoc.blogspot.com
http://www.peutetremagazine.com

Meredith M Howard said...

I thought your story was going to end in saying that this red building was the rest stop. I was thinking, "That's a pretty cool rest stop."

- Meredith
www.findingsoulbalance.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Im inlove with Rhode Island! New England is adorable!

http://craftanista.blogspot.com/

Julia said...

This is gorgeous! I love the dress and the pictures are beautiful.
-J

lesaltlake.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

that dress is beyond gorgeous! i love it!

www.ThePantryDrawer.com

Anonymous said...

so gorgeous and what a steal!!


http://shayyyyy.blogspot.com

Vintage Market Place said...

WHAT?!?!?
That is amazing
Amy

Leslie Christen | Fashion Stylist said...

that dress is perfect...

xo Leslie at http://lesliechristen.com/

Diana said...

um where is this outlet mall and how do i not know about it!? i mean i do live in that general area -- pleaseplease share! you look stunning and such a great story xo

http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

Jana Lopez said...

I love this dress! It was meant to live in your closet, you look gorgeous! :D

Jana Styles

Andrea said...

Omg so lucky! I love the print, you look so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Woodbury Commons perhaps? I grew up near them and regret not being nearby since I now have a paycheck to enjoy them.

If that's them, there's a day trip bus from NYC that you can catch as well.

Annelie said...

Fabulous bargain and it was so meant to be :-)

Michelle Lee said...

such a pretty dress :)

pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Janice said...

Stunning! Loving the print

angelieeee said...

wow! you look so beautiful!!! ♥
xxxo from Argentina

http://angelieeee.blogspot.com/
you can also follow me on Twitter! :) @angelieeee

Re said...

That dress is so freaking awesome! I envy you. :D

Unknown said...

Kelly, you are so working that Miu Miu dress! SO beautiful!

xo
http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

Shasie said...

Gorgeous dress, I love it!
Shasie of Live Life in Style

Asscher Cut Diamond Engagement Rings said...

Superb !!!!
Everything is looking very beautiful.
Accessory and high heels is looking perfect with the dress.