8.10.2011

{ perfect places }










{ images via kellywearstler.com }

i have blogged about my love for kelly wearstler time and time (and time!) again, but here we go once more. she remains the #1 influence on my own decor choices ~ my copy of HUE is so dismally tattered and love-worn, but every time i look at it i find something new to inspire me. plus, her new accessory collection just debuted this week online! i mean.

42 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love her aesthetic. So inspiring!

♥ Gina Michele
CrochetClouds.com

Anonymous said...

So inspiring!!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

the outfit diaries said...

whoa all so colorful! I so want to live in nr one or six!


http://theoutfitdiaries.blogspot.com/

Maria said...

What amazing pictures :) thank you for posting!

xoxo

Maria

Yasmeen said...

I love throwing gold pieces into any color mix for interior design (and even for clothes, too, I suppose) It always add in just a tad more chicness and luxury. Can't wait till I have my own place :)

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

blue roses said...

all of these images are just overwhelmingly beautiful; i love the outdoor patio with the swing chaise and the staircase, with its juxtaposition of black, severe function and the whimsical walls.


http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Samantha said...

BEAUTIFUL rooms!! I wish any of those could be in my house. Thanks for sharing!

xo, sam

Off the Cuff said...

I would hang chandeliers in every room if I owned my own home. And I'm crazy about that abstract horse statue. Thanks for sharing! Have a great dau pretty lady!

Mrs. C said...

Just beyond amazing! I love all the pops of color and gold!! She is so talented!! Check out this fun recipe for Meditteranean kabobs...easiest appetizer ever!

www.MrsCapretta.com
Recipes Fashion Marriage

Sarah & Carrie said...

No one is better than Kelly Wearstler! I adore her!

Ravenna Moreira said...

OMG!! SO INSPIRING!!!!
L O V E **


www.pulsacoesplanetarias.blogspot.com
www.pulsacoesplanetarias.blogspot.com

joelle van dyne said...

i love her too! i saw her shopping in the east village last month and was too awe-struck to go introduce myself. i just painted my new bedroom ceiling with antiqued gold paint inspired by both KW and you!

Bravoe Runway said...

I love Kelly Wearstler! She is an extremely talented interior designer and I love her ideas and themes!

Donna M. said...

I love the colorful mixture of prints and textures. There is definitely a huge emphasis on balance in her designs. Although she uses a wide array of decorations, she arranges them in such a way that does not make the space feel cluttered but instead, creates an elegant and harmonious environment.

Lily said...

Even though I have seen these rooms before...she still amazes me every time I see them !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Mihaela said...

wow. amazing places!

My blog♥mfashionfreak

Audrey B said...

Oh how I'd love a winding staircase like that! And the paint on the wall...perfect! www.casualglamorous.com

Jackie Welling said...

Oh my gosh the colors and accents! I'm now feeling the need to redecorate my apartment NOW!! crap

ClassyCleverChic

B. in the Know said...

These rooms are breathtaking!
Much love,
B

Unknown said...

she is absolutely amazing. nothing like some great photos to get your morning going!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

stylecomb said...

The colors, textures, whimsy, and extravagance... it's just amazing. I don't blame you for posting her design so often!

www.stylecomb.com

Unknown said...

Wow those colors blow me away!

http://craftanista.blogspot.com/

Lace Affair said...

The furniture in the last picture is out of control!!! So amazing.

Jen Hatesu said...

So many colors so much to look at so many textures and things to touch! I'd be like a kid in a candy store :D

PhoenixAnd5th.blogspot.com
Come visit if you get the chance, I'd really appreciate it!

Beckerman Girls said...

I know what's next on your list for Brimmy....that big gold head!!!! U can name him SAMUEL!!!! lol!!!
kisses and love u Kell
xoThe Beckerman Girls

www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

Aubrey and Melissa said...

The zipper chairs are the coolest things I have ever seen.

SAMANTHA said...

oh my god these photos are INCREDIBLE - such amazing inspiration!


www.dragonnfruit.com

SAMANTHA said...

Wow, those are incredible! I just got a liiiittle bit of room inspiration. I think I'll be up all night now. :P

Anyways, just letting people know I'm back. I posted an explanation for my absence and it would be greatly appreciated if I got some feedback. :)

Thanks :)

Samantha

Grace said...

WOW! These fantastic spaces are to die for!

xx Grace
Dream-Boating

L said...

Ohh, I love the decor styling in these rooms.

Natalia Fernandes said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! x

Unknown said...

What would I do to decorate my home like this!!
great post.

Danielle
xo

http://newestwrinkledlh.blogspot.com/

Leonie said...

Amazing styling, very eccentric and elegant at the same time.

http://thesignaturebow.blogspot.com/
NEW OUTFIT POST: A Touch Of Pink

The Decorator said...

Yes Wearstler really has been such an influential tastemaker since the early 2000's and I think can be thanked for bringing 'decorating' back into fashion.

I am really interested in where she is going now - post 'Hue' aesthetic, which I love and I look forward to seeing the launch of her fashion collection.

There is a definite shift away from her celebrated revival of 'Draperesque Hollywood Regency' which is I think timely.
Wonderful Blog! thank you
Jx

Courtney said...

Gorgeous! All of them. Love. <3

Courtney
I Can Be Many Things

Homme said...

I'm freaking out... this is such a killer post, love her work right now, she's on a serious roll. Thanks for sharing, I just discovered your blog, it's beautiful.

Follow Your Own Way said...

she is so incredibly talented. i love the way she works with colors, texture, details and patterns.

Alinne's Style said...

Very inspirational post! amazing photos!
Kisses, ALinne

www.alinnestyle.com

.

LOOK-OVER said...

Love it! that is exactly a place like this where i feel the best. so nice

Xoxo,

http://www.look-over.com/

La Boheme said...

Aaaaah, isn't Kelly the best??? I love her to pieces and always say to people we would make great friends. Haha maybe one day! xoxo

dashofelegance said...

LOVE IT!

http://myfashionchaos.blogspot.com/

Designer_Susie said...

I absolutely love these spaces! thanks for sharing.