7.10.2011

{ DIY decor } why don't you...


{ above left: cut-up and frame the pages of a cool old calender // above right: make your own silhouette portraits }

{ above left: apply spray adhesive and then sand (or glitter!) to a junk-shop-bought hunting trophy // above right: use horns (or branches!) to store your everyday jewelry }
---
images 1, 3 and 4 via the coveteur // image two via desire to inspire

29 comments:

Teodora said...

Very creative ideas, especially the sand idea!

Thank you for sharing!

Teodora
teodoraslookbook.com

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of horns for everyday jewelry!

xx Olga
La Petite Olga

welcome to my jungle said...

Really some beautiful and creative ideas!
Thanks for sharing them with us!

- Dani

http://www.welcometomyjungle.com/

Copper Etiquette said...

Now that is a great idea!

Copper Etiquette Shop Dresses

Winterfell Mixed Media said...

I adore the skull !!!

Unknown said...

Love these ideas!

http://www.designers-artists.com

Elizabeth said...

gorgeous photos, and they're such good ideas too! love this.

http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/

Chelsey said...

These are so creative! Especially loving the antlers and the thought of decorating skulls. Like you mention awhile back, you were spraying things golden, now that is the best DIY :)

Chelsey
http://bobachi.blogspot.com

Caterine said...

great ideas! I must try one over the weekend! Thanks!

Caterine
730design.blogspot.com

SAMANTHA said...

great ideas, you're so creative!


www.dragonnfruit.com

Anonymous said...

Love the picture frame idea!!

http://currentobsession-sophie.blogspot.com/

Yasmeen said...

I love the silhouette art idea :D Very classic and neutral...so it could fit in any room.

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

Unknown said...

i did the silhouette thing in first grade, now i want to do it again! love the horns for hanging jewelry too!

http://www.style-extraordinaire.com/

Jessie said...

what an absolutely incredible spot. i want one like that.
xx, http://wordbyjessie.com/

Leonie said...

Awesome ideas! I find it so hard to find the right deco pieces for my new apartment, I should just make them myself.

http://thesignaturebow.blogspot.com/

gold N turquoise said...

i'm definitely running out of room on my jewelry rack; the horns are a wonderfully natural idea!

thanx for sharing!

jenny
http://goldnturquoise.blogspot.com/

The Fancy Teacup said...

The usage of the antlers as jewelry holders and calender scraps combined to make a calender are by far my favorites of the crafts.

♥, Jamie
www.TheFancyTeacup.com

s said...

great pieces.... ;)
love



http://magmoiselle.fr

Nicoletta said...

Great ideas, thanks :D
-Nico-

Michelle Lee said...

great necklaces holders

pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Closet Cravings said...

Love the silhouette portrait idea. =)

Need it? Want it? Crave it? Satisfy Your Cravings For Celebrity Style and Fashion

Shahirah Nabilah said...

So creative and innovative!
I love those diy ideas.

Fashion Celebration said...

nice ideas!!

xo
www.fashioncelebration.blogspot.com

Lou said...

Great ideas, I love the last photo.

http://thekeypieces.blogspot.com

CK said...

I love the idea of using pictures from old calendars. I have this amazing Andy Warhol shoe calendar that I have been saving to do just that! Great ideas!

www.empirestilettos.com

Lucie Keprova said...

every time i see a peek of your place i fall in love with your style even more. oh wish my style once gets 1/1000 as awesome as yours....

lapoupeeluci.blogspot.com

The Antifash said...

I really want to try the cut up frame and shop bought hunting trophy (with glitter lol) I am still trying to put my apartment together, and these are really good cost effective options to make spaces a bit more personal.

Donna N said...

Hooray for recycled calendars! I did the same thing with my art nouveau 2010 calendar, the best & cheapest way for wall art!

Achei, Gostei e Comprei said...

Great ideas, it took me a while to notice it was sand!

Marcela
www.acheiecomprei.com