4.05.2011

{ yowza }







i think i could make myself quite comfortable in laura & diego garcia's upper east side apartment, which includes both a possibly-perfect living room and the most exuberant liz taylor tribute i've seen to date. guess i'd just need to change that nursery into a dressing room / studio and i'd be all set!
{ images via vogue.com }

59 comments:

The Magic Mirror said...

Looks awesome. I think I could live there as well.

Amber
http://themagikmirror.blogspot.com/

Kendall Saretsky said...

WOW! I am in love with this apartment! AMAZING!
Check out my blog!!! @www.tressesanddressesbeautyandfashion.blogspot.com

Emi Love said...

Yowza indeed! Who wouldn't enjoy coming home to such a spiffy apartment?!

http://emilove17.blogspot.com/

Mrs. C said...

Love these looks!!! I could move tomorrow! And def agree on making the Elizabeth Taylor room full of clothes and of course jewelry!! What do you think of some of my Closet Confessions?

www.mrscapretta.com

alice said...

i want the french bulldog - and the chair he's perched upon!

Ashley said...

what an amazing creative space...so much detail! i love everything including the dog! I aspire for my home to be just as interesting...great post!

-AR
http://plum-bucket.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOVE your inspiration! Actually JUST posted my own! xxx

http://www.afternoonfrosting.com/2011/04/space-to-gush.html

Julie
www.AfternoonFrosting.com

Unknown said...

woooowwww this apartment is the epitome of perfection.


X


http://www.thefashionhash.com/

Stephanie said...

yowza indeed! love that liz taylor photo.

Unknown said...

ooooooo what a beautiful home!!! love the white with a dash of colors!!

Sylvia said...

that elizabeth taylor print is amazing. what an great space.

xo
i wander, i wonder

ediot said...

such great photos. and what a nice place- i'd move right in if i could
wish you a great day
xx

kate said...

That's a gorgeous picture of Liz...ahhh she was such a classy and gorgeous woman. RIP

Lippylash said...

Woow I want to live there!! <3

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

I love a white interior, but nog a clean and minimalistic one. this one is still cosy, stylish, extraordinary and a little touch of the 70's-60's. the best interiors to me are the ones who combine designs classics (Knoll chairs and tulip table) with flea market furniture. the combination of the black and white walls is so interesting and they change the atmosphere completely. love the touch of color and the big paintings who are making the interior more 'alive'.

HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said...

i have no words :)))

Gawgus things... said...

I love their artwork and they have the dog exactly the same as mine so obviously great taste ;)! xx

jessica january said...

beautiful space. i love all white walls when there's so much else to warm it up.

january, x
jessicajanuary.com

Susie said...

Such gorgeous interiors!!

the outfit diaries said...

Perfection, really.

Façonner said...

I believe that Absolutely Mrs. K hit the nail right on the head! I too love clean, structured and white but not overtly minimalist and lacking in character. This really has that warmth that makes it a home and yet is entirely artistic and well thought out. Beautiful!

Francesca from Façonner. editorial.faconner.co.uk

blue roses said...

are those ottomans not quite completely cured leather? they look so rich and rugged.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Jessie said...

that photograph of liv is incredible. i love the pink, it captures her essence. and i agree, this is a fabulous apartment.

http://wordbyjessie.com

Nikki said...

I could definitely get used to living in a place like that. I am loving the dressed up bust in the walk-in closet! I've been giving a lot of thought to turning our spare bedroom into an office/closet display with a garment rack. This just ups my inspiration to a whole new level!

http://cositabellamd.blogspot.com

MG said...

Seriously! This makes my studio look like even more of a prison cell...

The Fancy Teacup said...

Wow, I really love that Liz Taylor tribute. The canvas art in the first photo is quite a sight to behold as well.

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.

Unknown said...

Stunning apartment! I really love their artwork.

http://www.crochetclouds.com/

Collections said...

Gorgeous room. That Liz Taylor photograph wouldn't be too hard to make using photoshop, an DIY!

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

Anna said...

very inspirational and I adore the dog
;-) www.ThisIsAYes.com

Unknown said...

i just love these looks. xo

Julie
afternoonfrosting.com

KimChicSisters said...

gorgeous rooms

http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com

fashion blah blah said...

absolutely great indeed!!

Sarah said...

Yeah, the dressing room would be essential. I love their mix of fabrics, though!

Sarah

http://www.iwishforcourage.com

Anonymous said...

You have really a lovely taste in house decoration.
When i get my own home, i will be digging your blog up side down, checking all of your ideas. Really good!

Teamgunn

www.teamgunn.wordpress.com

Eugenia Woods said...

Lovely!

Beatriz said...

amazing eclectic interiors!!! xxxb
www.frommadridwithlove.com

Katherine said...

Love all the interiors that you've been posting lately. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics!
http://brillenmode.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow that space is dreamy. That Elizabeth photo is stunning! Loving these inspirations. xoxo

char said...

I'm not usually critical, but I think your place is more inviting, cozy and interesting. I'm not crazy about the Liz pic with a drink in her hand for a child's room either, but that's just me... : )

Rich and Rebellious said...

If this were my apt. I'd never leave! Love it

www.sariandcompany.com

Kristyn Burtt said...

Great space for a NY apt., but a little too cluttered for my taste.
KB

www.RedCarpetCloset.tv

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE that blue dress with the army jacket and tons of necklaces! Might have to steal that look!

Anonymous said...

I am in love with this apartment! Look comfortable and chic :)

Marissa said...

I love this space! It feels so chic, yet homey and cozy at the same time xoxo Marissa

http://happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com/

WebHauteJas said...

love this...so inspirational...im going home to redecorate my room tonight!!

Anonymous said...

the living room is my favorite ever!!!
have it in one of my posts too!

whatwewillbe.blogspot.com/

Carolyn said...

very inspiration apartment! love the white and how it opens up the space

Lindley said...

i love this too! the pink liz taylor is ridic. so good.
~lindley
www.korculastyle.blogspot.com

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

i would love to call that place my own!

Amber
Ambersmouthwash

Christa said...

i love that are the rooms are bascally white and the books and accessories are what gives color to the space. so ecclectic

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, is that amazing or what?!!
LOVE IT!

www.sweet-louise.blogspot.com

Beckerman Girls said...

I LOVVVVVVVVVVVE that Liz Taylor painting!!!That room is my fav!!!! I LOVVVVE the color of the walls with the neon gorgeous Art!!!! AMAZZZZZIN' haven!!!! Such a fab vibe!!!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

Anonymous said...

I can't get over how amazing the living room is! I WANT THE DECOR.

www.romans-122.com

Lou said...

These are great photos, as well as being a very stylish layout it still looks lived in and homely. It's great.

http://thekeypieces.blogspot.com

Wynn said...

What a beautiful home!! Thanks for the inspiration!

xox
http://wynn-notetoself.blogspot.com/

Kimberly said...

so amazing wish my house looked like this!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

OMG... that Elizabeth Taylor room is soooo gorgeous! So Fancy!

taa said...

Love golden accessories :)

You write great