4.07.2011

{ slick city }






{ leopard-lined umbrella from nordstrom rack, house of harlow sunnies (originally in THIS POST), vintage anne klein earrings, vintage trench (i recently replaced its originally too-matchy mustard buttons, which made a world of difference), banana republic heritage vest (recently seen HERE and HERE), vintage chanel belt (i bought it on my last trip to austin, and introduced in THIS POST), juicy couture cuff (last seen HERE), vintage 50's skirt (i discovered in on this day in las vegas), hue socks, stuart weitzman boots (also seen HERE) }

while i've been dreaming about sandals and swimsuits, the weather has actually stayed pretty nasty in new york (it's slowly warming up slightly, but those famed april showers are in full effect!). good thing there's costumery for all occasions! to check out more of my rain day duds, click HERE and HERE.

99 comments:

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

Kelli, you are the queen of layering! :D Love it! :D
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com

.. Jennifer .. said...

Love the spot on gold accessories, and the textures are just decadent!

Jennifer
http://www.oohfancythat.com/

Anonymous said...

LOVE love love. Brilliance is behind your every ensemble...but this is...BEYOND!!! Prominent details - colors, textures, lengths, widths - play with each other, and enhance their greatest assets. Adore your styling and eye...and the skirt - to die for. Bravo!!!

Unknown said...

omg, outstanding photos!
as per usual haha!

These look seriously editorial!

http://foryourSATISFASHION.com

Mama said...

You are making a rainy day super chic. I love double layering of trench. I gotta borrow that idea next time it rains.

Gorgeous as usual.

grace said...

Amazing ensemble. I always look forward seeing what you put together

Sylvia said...

you look quite lovely despite the rain! i love the texture on the skirt, kelly.

xo
i wander, i wonder

Brigadeiro said...

Love the layering of your outfit, and am in love with that vintage skirt, the shape, texture, everything is UNREAL!
xx

Ashley said...

I feel your pain, the northwest actually dipped into the 30's today...short shorts and cute tanks are screaming from my closet, but they will have to wait! your trench is beautiful and loving the leopard peekaboo from the umbrella!

-AR
http://plum-bucket.blogspot.com

Dirty Hair Halo said...

while we're on the topic of costumery...

...you're looking modern mary poppins chic.

Dirty Hair Halo

Jennifer S. said...

What a great outfit! I love these pictures!

jen
http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

Mxx said...

You are indeed the queen of layering! Even the umbrella adds to the beauty of the outfit!

Bijou's Style said...

cool outfit

love the earrings!

xx


www.bijousstyle.com

Anonymous said...

I love that you're rocking sunnies with your umbrella! I feel like I always get strange looks when I do that, but I tend to prefer a layer between my eyes and the world... even in the rain.

-Lelia

Anonymous said...

I love that you're rocking sunnies with your umbrella! I feel like I always get strange looks when I do that, but I tend to prefer a layer between my eyes and the world... even in the rain.

-Lelia

Unknown said...

Great outfit! I really miss your outfit posts...

HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said...

that trench with those shades....aaaahh :))))

Anonymous said...

Love your accessories! The jacket is adorable, as well.

Stop by some time :)

http://stylelustpages.com

Essiefashion said...

Very cool outfit :D!!! Love this combination !
xxxx

bravegrrl said...

love these photos grrl!

Miss DeltaG said...

Just...AMAZING!perfect outfit for a rainy day!!!
ciao
Eleonora

www.neovecchiostile.it

Caddy said...

Stylish! An Awesome outfit for a rainy day!

Alexis said...

Love your layering! What a great color combo.

I love to switch out buttons and transform things too. My trick is that everything looks better in gold:)

http://luckytreasures.blogspot.com/

salomé said...

greaaaaaaat ;D
beautiful

http://magmoiselle.fr

Seventh Of July said...

Great outfit! Love it!


http://seventhofjuly.blogspot.com/

Danish Demeanor said...

Love the skirt mirroring the umbrella in one of the pics.

MELISSA Z. said...

these pics are wonderful! That skirt is awesome and the umbrella is amazing! <3

www.abitoffashion.com

Lauren said...

1. That umbrella is amazing with the print on the inside. 2. You make rainy days so chic.


Laurenlovestoshare

Red shoes No knickers said...

Oh this is my kind of outfit. Love the socks and boots with that length skirt. I always think it's going to be cold when it's raining but more often than not it's quite mild and I'm sweating in too many layers.
Hope you get some nicer weather soon and the reality of those swimsuits isn't too far away.

SoapyMermaid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SoapyMermaid said...

I love your umbrella. You are very chic, as usual.

Couture and Cantankerous Cats said...

Love the whole look!

http://coutureandcantankerouscats.blogspot.com/

rosapelsblog said...

really love your style !

Gawgus things... said...

Wow! That skirt is so cool! XX

jessica january said...

i'm in love with your quilted skirt!!!!

january, x
jessicajanuary.com

Anonymous said...

I love that look, your sunnies are fab, I wish I could pull those off but sunglasses never suit me!

I'm stopping by all my fav style blogs, hoping you could all help me out- I'm a very small scale blogger & my new regular contributor Belinda Luby, fashion designer of her own label will be answering reader questions on my blog next Wednesday (13th April)They can be about fashion, business, sewing whatever you like. So far I only have one question on there & I'm a bit worried that I'll have to ask all the questions myself! Would be great if you or some of your readers submitted a question (by next Tues Australian time). .

Questions can be submitted :(dont need to be a follower can be anon)as a comment on the following post:
http://tinyurl.com/4cjtzjn

Thanks so much,
Katie of Sweet Rustic

http://sweetrustic.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/sweetrustic

MG said...

Love love love this! The banana republic vest is styled brilliantly!

Jessie said...

love love LOVE the glasses, they are so fierce.

http://wordbyjessie.com/

blue roses said...

it is indeed entirely too cold and wet and unpleasant, but you combat the dreariness perfectly. i really like your layered look, structured well with the fitted belt to provide some added shape for your figure. also love the earrings, but cannot get a real good glimpse of them!

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

The Fancy Teacup said...

Such a classy rain outfit! I'm enamored with your House of Harlow shades and those vintage earrings.

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.

Unknown said...

Ugh, I'm so tired of all the NY rain! Love your outift. It's the perfect way to combat this gloomy weather!

http://www.crochetclouds.com/

The Village Idiot said...

ooo those sunnies are amazing! that skirt was an amazing find! love it!

Anonymous said...

Amazing shots! Love your earrings too :)

DY said...

The hotness.

Shelby said...

These pictures are SO cool. What a great look, I love everything about it! <3

www.makemesparkly.blogspot.com

The Purse-a-holic said...

Love the outfit!

Confessions of a Purse-a-holic

KimChicSisters said...

Amazing shots!

http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/

Collections said...

Honestly it's horrible in NY right now. I can't stand this weather and it seems to be getting colder! At least your making rain look chic!

I'm having a $100 dollar Shopbop giftcard giveaway on my blog! Come check it out :) It's open to international bloggers as well.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love the contrast in these pictures. You make a rainy day look good Kelly! x

Julie
www.AfternoonFrosting.com

Lela London said...

Gorgeous no matter the weather! Expert layering.

Lela London - Fashion Blog

Ashley said...

that belt is stunning love the photos

http://www.postmodernrunway.com/

Katie said...

Great, as usual. Going to Vegas this weekend--any suggestions for fab vintage shopping while I'm there? Determined to venture off the Strip!

Erin Baskin said...

There is something so chic about a camel trench.

Make sure to enter my $150 jewelry giveaway (link below)!

http://www.ashesoflaughter.com/2011/04/150-jewelry-giveaway.html

Mrs. C said...

LOVE the leopard!!! Recently wore my new favorite leopard skirt in a Closet Confession...what you think?!

www.mrscapretta

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

love the layering of the long jackets-you make me want it to rain so i can put together cut rainy day outfits....well, almost.

The Gilded Youth Blog
www.gilded-youth.com

Sarah said...

I love the skirt! It's like a quilt!

Sarah

http://www.iwishforcourage.com

Lily said...

Amazing...love the leopard inside the umbrella !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Katherine said...

I love all the layering in your outfit--- ready to combat the rain in style!
La Petite Marmoset

Soleil St. Fleur said...

Saw your pic in my magaziiiine! You look belle. Love your blog as well. Now, I'm off to get that trench coat! xx

http://sharpthreads.blogspot.com/

letiziabarcelona said...

beautiful pictures, I love that trench!

theSLASHproject said...

Your umbrella is absolutely amazing! We are both obsessed with leopard print haha. We are also absolutely in love your blog.
xx
Gabi&Julia

www.theslashproject.blogspot.com

Kat said...

your outfits are absolutely to die for. Love that trench and i'm obsessed with those earrings!
we just started our blog hope you can stop by :)


http://paperdolltheory.tumblr.com

Unknown said...

I love the texture of this skirt, it looks so interesting and of course it's superpretty! I wonder how it feels, maybe a bit like a blanket? :)

Maria said...

love your style, its so unique <3

Molliee said...

I agree that you just layer so strategically:) great look!

Wynn said...

Such a cute rainy day look!! I love the mustard and khaki together! Stay warm and dry!

xox
http://wynn-notetoself.blogspot.com/

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Terrific umbrella! And I love your '50s skirt!

http://thefoolishaesthete.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love the skirt and this outfit is adorable!

- Meanz (Koi Story)

valentina said...

sono capitata sul tuo blog!!! bellooooo!!
se t va passa a dare un occhiata sul mio

www.inmydogwalk.com

Andrea said...

Kelly you're amazing, and you have such a sweet personality.
Keeps me coming back for more

http://andreas-7am.blogspot.com

Serena said...

awsome!!! great outfit!

Love from Seoul,
Nostalgic Senses

http://nostalgicsenses.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I totally love the whole look! the colors work really well together. the umbrella, skirt, & glasses are all really hot! u look fab!

Carolina S. said...

really fun! love thar your style is so eclectic!

Julie and Lauren said...

Gorgeous. Love the skirt- looks fab.

Anonymous said...

You have nailed the layering technique! Your outfit is so gorgeous - the colours, textures, layers, everything!
x

www.fairydah.net

fashion accessories said...

Wow great blog! i love all of the blog!! thank you for this post!

Natalie Louise said...

I love the coat over coat thing going on. Never thought of that!!
http://the2ls.blogspot.com/
http://the2ls.blogspot.com/

Michelle Lee said...

love your look!

btw did you see the page of your blog listed on "my signature style" book published in Korea? just bought them few weeks ago so saw your blog was on the list just today :)

http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Kas and Blue said...

You look absolutely gorgeous!! Love your outfit! The styling is perfect!!
Check out our blog!!

www.standon12cm.com

xoxoxox

Sabina said...

Too true about the weather! Love your umbrella and earrings.

Anonymous said...

It's raining soooo much here in Santa Barbara!!
I found it neccessary to purchase a fabulous new pair of rain boots with a wedge heel!
Love your style!! We would love to connect with you!
@bbombshells
xoxo
-Bohemian Bombshell
http://bbombs.com

taa said...

You made me to make a decision
to buy an umbrella :)

annie said...

the new length of skirt is really tricky. you must be tall, extra thin and no JLO bottom.. you look great!

http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.com/

Iñaki said...

I really love the lines of the parka jacket and the trench together... and how the skirt is slightly rigid. Beautiful!

xx

Katie said...

this is really cool! love the umbrella lining, glamorous!

katie x
{glass of fashion}

Kerissa said...

Everything about this look screams you are great with clothing which is why I'm here drooling over the skirt. Oh my I want to be your little sister so I can wear your clothes.

The Bohemienne said...

Love the vintage quilted skirt!

http://thebohemienne.wordpress.com/

Angie said...

I am soo obsessed with your umbrella! its amazing!!

www.rawfashionista.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures..really love this look!!!

Contact said...

chic in the rain!! the skirt looks so comfortable


http://heelsandinspiration.blogspot.com

Tim said...

These shots are absolutely stunning. Amazing job.

Deepa said...

LOVE the skirt!

Theresa B. said...

First of all, I love that you call them sunnies. :) Your style is definitely inspiring!

Theresa

http://frockthis.blogspot.com/

Aditi Bhalotra said...

This look is INSANELY gorgeous!!!!

love the vest and that umbrella.
(o_O)


Love the blog.

http://mysartorialsecrets.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Saw this post when it came out - AMAZING! Went searching for a trench like yours and may have come close to it tonight!! Found it on etsy at VintageHeist - just don't think it's my size ;-( I'll keep on searching!

Real Touch Flowers said...

If you are interested in shopping, firstly you collect information then you go. But all time it's not possible for every human. I suggest that kind of people please visit shopping site and get your information. For example , if you find Flower shop , you may visit http://www.bloombridal.com/

Wireless Microphone System said...

Fantastic blog! I really love how it’s easy on my eyes and also the information are well written. I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made.

Microdermabrasion Machine said...

Wow great blog! i love all of the blog!! thank you for this post!