
as i mentioned HERE, i'm currently in austin, texas for sxsw. knowing that this is my hometown, my friends from the w hotels asked if i'd like to host a brunch here for some of the city's style cognoscenti (including my dear friend marie ely, who sweetly agreed to appear with me in this post). of course i said yes!!

this get-together kicked off the w's own three-day music series, and also paid tribute to their global glam collection (which is curated by fashion director amanda ross, and sold exclusively in the hotel's boutiques). i love getting to work with the w hotel team, as we share the same passions for luxurious interior design, great food, fashion, and travel! and i believe their brand-new austin outpost may just be their coolest location yet.


austin's idiosyncratic style has had such an influence on my own aesthetic, and it means a lot to me to be able to come back here and do even a little bit to support its ever-expanding fashion scene. the brunch we held was delicious, delightful, and attended by the best local fashion bloggers, magazine editors, and two of the w's global glam designers, shaesby scott and catherine nicole.

as soon as we finished our feast, the group decamped to the jaw-dropping pool area to sip on champagne and snack on strawberries ~ which is when marie and i snuck off into a cabana and launched this impromptu photo shoot!

{ marie wore: vintage hat, kelly framel necklace, vintage chiffon dress (from feathers, one of our favorite hometown stores), american apparel lace dress, topshop shoes // i wore: kelly framel caramel crystal earrings, vintage oscar de la renta sweater, vintage 1930's tea dress and vintage alexis kirk belt (all from feathers), l.a.m.b. shoes & OPI's 'i want to be a lone star' nail polish ~ a subtle tribute to my home state! }


73 comments:
this is simply gorgeous, love the colors
ditchthetrend.com
I'd appreciate if you could share your thoughts on responses to your 3-16 post, so I can understand your intentions. It certainly changed the way I view your blog, and I don't know if I can continue reading.
I love SXSW, I'm sad that I didn't get to go this year as I always have a great time. Hope you are having fun!
www.featherfactor.com
Love the colors here - I've been craving a trip out west lately and this post has officially sealed the deal! I have to go visit Texas for the first time! Lovely photos as always!
-Emily
BELLISHMENT
Wow, that pattern of your dress is truly mesmerizing. You girls look liked you had some much fun.
And I am totally in love with the new OPI Texas nail lacquer collection (I was a Texan gal too). I've stocked up on a few colors myself!
Glad you had a blast working with the W hotel team!
www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.
Love your outfit. The dress is great as is the blue belt.
www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com
aaahhh :))) the colors and the prints, 'nuff said :)))
SXSW is one of my favorite parts about Austin! I also just bought some of the OPI line to pay tribute to my native state as well :) xoxo Marissa
www.happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com
I love it, especially your outfit!
That electric blue belt and those shoes say it all. :-)
-xo
Bobbie
www.confessionsofacouturejunkie.com
hi! what a great post. thanks for sharing these cute and fun shots- i really like the patterns styled here.
xx
i love the way you both look. you are both wearing floral prints but you girls look so different, so i assume that the reason for that is that you both have a different fashion identity (don't we all). the floral prints look gorgeous because the make me longing for spring. it is toooo soon to wear them without some winter pieces. so indeed you still need tights and a fabulous cardigan. the best part for me are the accessories, they look both so bohemian but they are the finishing touch. i never would have thought that bold accessories would work with floral prints (maybe it would have been toooo much). the green and purple background was the perfect setting. well done girls
Beautiful dresses!!
Big kisses!!
B.
I love the dress of the first pictures, all these colors it's so pretty !
You both look great girls.
I love your blog, your style and you!!
Amazing post
SOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUUUUUUUL ;D
NEW IN LANVIN: http://magmoiselle.fr
these photos are really beautiful!
<3
Oh how I wish I was in Austin right now! :D
xxx
http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/
absolutely lovely
http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/
That blue belt is stunning!
La Petite Marmoset
Beautiful colours you've put together. That belt really makes the outfit! X
so many beautiful colors- great pictures!
www.morningcupcakes.blogspot.com
So beautiful!
http://sweetraspberryjam.blogspot.com/
XOXO
Anonymous said...
I'd appreciate if you could share your thoughts on responses to your 3-16 post, so I can understand your intentions. It certainly changed the way I view your blog, and I don't know if I can continue reading.
MARCH 17, 2011 12:15 AM
You made your point on the previous blog post comments...I'm sure Kelly will respond when she has an opportunity. I think the intentions are clear: Kelly wanted to contribute to the relief effort.
Absolutely love the vibrant colors shown on this post. especially royal blue on the brown cardigan.
how fun and flirty...
Oh gosh I so love these photos! The print mixing and the crazy colors are so gorgeous! I really love the outfits, you look so chic! :D
i love how intricate each pattern and piece is, without one being overly dominant, creating a faceted and complex look, which is also fun and not overly trite or just plain clashing. looks like a total blast!
http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/
I love your dress
absolutely love the abundance of colors and prints. look so gypsy like! great little photoshoot.
http://wordbyjessie.com
You look amazing, love the photos doll! Such a great opportunity!
XoXo-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com
Adorable (as usual) you give me such outfit inspiration! I hate that I missed you at Texas Style Council, I wasn't able to attend on Sunday but I heard you were a big hit!
love your look
i want to wear something ethnical and bohemian style now!
want to hear your thoughts on Jean Fares couture gowns @http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
Looks great! I hope I can try out W Austin sometime soon!
http://thoreausdaughter.blogspot.com/
Loving this! I love that belt and those shoes! Looks like your having so much fun!
http://2anchor.blogspot.com
Love the post. Makes me miss Milan. The architecture is quite breathtaking. Ahhh...the days...
www.romancingthestones.wordpress.com
Great colours and patterns!
http://carriesfashiondiary.blogspot.com/
wow your dress paired with the belt and sweater is just to die for. always so creative!
<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com
Holy colors! Love your look, and the mixology going on there ;o)
Love your outfit. The blue is soooo my color right now and lovin the shoes!
www.plentyforpennies.com
kelly- you look gorgeous!
love the vintage dress!
Ugh those shoes of yours are GORGEOUS!
oh, that belt!
Beautiful photos!
Every time I get to see pics with this necklace, I'm in heaven. It's delish!!
that blue belt makes me week in the knees. great post!
Looks like fun!
gorgeous dress, stunning belt. another amazing look.
http://leffetdepapillon.wordpress.com/
great idea, great outfits, great post...can't wait to see more from your trip.
cheers!
http://passionlessfashion.wordpress.com
fabulous prints
http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x
LOVE your outfit! You look gorgeous :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com
I love your outfits, pictures, backdrop--the whole thing. The colors look amazing and so does your jewelry!
xo
www.hourglass-fashion.blogspot.com
These pictures are beyond beautiful!
beautiful photos! love the shoes and the different prints!
http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/
love your sandals!
http://anmarkdesign.blogspot.com/
love that necklace!!! so awesome.. i really love your photographs..they are always so cool
http://www.frankvinyl.com
Loving the colours and the prints x
Don't forget to stop by at my blog for a chance to win a goody bag courtesy of Avon Cosmetics
http://www.fashionablefantasy.com
Those pictures are gorgeous!
love this + colors! <3
LOVE your belt! The blue is absolutely gorgeous...
Looks like you ladies had a fab time! :))
chloe ** http://flowerponychloe.blogspot.com
you look absolutely incredible, kelly. i can really see the southwest inspiration in this look yet is is still completely timeless and sophisticated without feeling too theme-like, as we see with cowboy boots and other, more obvious, inspirations. This is absolutely stunning and perfect in every way. You're my glamour hero, girl!
xo
i wander, i wonder
Loving the blue belt...Need to get one!
great blog
thanks
www.couturetherapy.ca
awesome pics and great accessories! <3
www.abitoffashion.com
Gorgeous dress!
Oh wow!! U look gorgeus, u just really know how to mix and match! :) p.s. u look like the actress from 90210, Silver ;)
Sounds like you are having a fabulous time at SXSW! And such gorgeous accessories--your belt and earrings are beautiful.
http://thebohemienne.wordpress.com/
What a fun shoot with great colors, prints and outfits!!! LOVING! www.mrscapretta.com
Love love love that cobalt snake skin belt!!
http://www.glamlatte.com
So FUN! You look gorgeous! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com
The colors of the photo shoot are amazing! Wonderful pics!
PRINT! Love this look!
These images are gorgeous ! I love your belt and dress and all the colors in these pictures.
www.mademoiselleonthemetro.blogspot.com
so lovely
let me know your thoughts on my new blog entry and follow me at:
My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries
This is so Bohemian...beautiful, glamorous, fabulous!!
xoxo
-Bohemian Bombshell
@bbombshells
http://bbombs.com
Post a Comment