3.25.2011

{ quintessentially }

usually i don't like to get terribly gabby about my get-ups. they're just things i wear (then share) ~ not too much to wax poetic about. but you guys i just HAVE to talk about this one! it is a compilation of so many of my favorite things:
let's start with the jacket. it's the same one i wore HERE, this time with the bouclé bottom-half zipped off. who doesn't love pieces that can be worn in multitudinous ways?! it's another lovely from primary | new york ~ a line i collaborate with my friend cleo on (she does the real work, i just pop in and out to provide occasional creative consulting and styling services. it's a fun gig!). the collection is all about offering those perfect building blocks for your wardrobe, and as i've been unable to stop wearing the living out of all my primary pieces this season (as proven by many, many costume posts), methinks it achieves its aim.
and the blouse below? oh, the blouse below! also infinitely transformable.

it's meant to be worn long and tunic-like ~ when done so it makes a lovely shape, like sails floating behind you. these can be tamed by utilizing the hidden keyholes, which allow you to loop a belt through. however, i like it best buttoned twice, with the remaining front-length scooped into an enormous knot. this brings all the back-draping forward, achieving a stouty trapeze silhouette. for a more understated iteration of the idea, i just put in a polite plea for THIS PIECE.

the skirt was last seen HERE. it would not be an exaggeration to say it's my favorite thing in my closet right now. it's got everything: a tight, high waist (cinched with a cool, super-wide, black elastic band), fantastically full volume, LEOPARD PRINT, and pockets!! if i didn't feel compelled to keep things interesting around here, i might just don it every day.

the boots i used to wear constantly, but until today they've remained untouched for nearly two years. pulling them out again made me thankful for well-made shoes ~ the kind you can wear every day of every east coast winter for a while, give a small sabbatical to, then return to seasons later and they're still as good as new (albeit with one or two re-soles along the way). the more clothes i see, the more i appreciate pieces like these.

{ lanvin for h+m sunnies, vintage anne klein earrings, primary | new york jacket, TOV blouse (courtesy of modcloth), bulgari bracelet, michael kors watch, zara skirt, HUE tights, loeffler randall boots (last seen LONG AGO) }

95 comments:

Christine said...

Kelly, you are so incredibly creative! I love this outfit and especially what you did with a regular looking tunic and made it look like a truly expensive and unique top! You're amazing :)

Unknown said...

Wow, i am in love with this outfit...
I have always just thought inside the red + leopard box... But now more and more I am loving white + leopard.. I think it is just so much fresh-er!!!

Love the look, cant stress it enough haah!! & love your blog!!

XX
Jay
[[ http://MODEMUSE.com ]]

FeFe said...

Absolutely sensational. I mean, WILDLY SO! One of my favorite getups on you, bar none.

The FF Word (clickity-click!)

Sarah Dee said...

That skirt is so amazing!

<3 Sarah
theantiquepearl.blogspot.com

Sylvia said...

So beautiful. That blouse is THE shit. I can't even believe it!

xo
i wander, i wonder

naomi said...

such a cool blouse. that is art.

Olya Chess said...

you look super-cool !! :D love leo-skirt !!
xo

http://chessxo.blogspot.com

HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said...

you are blessed with a great gift...thank you for sharing your passion and inspiring my fashionable choices :)))

Katherine said...

I adore that Zara skirt...it's one of my favorite Zara pieces ever <3

www.featherfactor.com

Marissa said...

ahh!!! how badly do i want a leopard print skirt now?!

PinkPopMash

Lainey said...

I remember the other post in which you wore that skirt. I fell in love with it then, and I'm even more in love with it now. Such an amazing piece.

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

well wearing a compilation of so many gorgeous pieces can be dangerous: do they match. but as always you know how to match. if i would see them on hangers i would not combine them, but you have proven me wrong. the skirt is divine, not only because of the pattern, but i love the way it moves. the jacket has a very tricky cut, it is short so layer it up. the combination with the blouse is perfect, and the white is ideal to wear in spring. the blouse is so perfectly designed, i cannot stop staring at it.

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

What a great look Kelli! I think I'll wear something inspired by this today! :D
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Essiefashion said...

Great outfit again :D!!!
Love your blouse!
xxxxxxx

Alexis said...

Love this outfit! I want that skirt!

Check out this vintage leopard coat of mine:

http://luckytreasures.blogspot.com/2011/03/spotted-on-telegraph.html

salomé said...

Love love love ;)

SUPER t-shirt to discover: http://magmoiselle.fr/?p=4509

Razielle said...

Hello Kelly,

We LOVE your style! We hope you can take a look at the feature we did on you at our site (we had to copy one of your pics, I hope you don't mind):

http://www.kneeshoes.com/2011/03/25/knee-shoes-spotlight-kelly-framel-glamourai/

Ginta said...

I'm so amorous with this look! I guess you can't go wrong with pairing white shirt with leather jacket and leopard print! I really love shape of the skirt!
I'm planning a new haircut and I really love yours!

MELISSA Z. said...

AMAZING SKIRT AND GREAT COMBO WITH THAT WONDERFUL TOP! wOW! <3

www.abitoffashion.com

Paula said...

I have complete and utter skirt envy.

letiziabarcelona said...

love that skirt with the blouse, a perfect outfit...again !!
Love your blog !

Unknown said...

absolutely perfect leopard skirt

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

Fashion Gossip said...

This is so pretty! I love that skirt. M.

ediot said...

such a fantastic outfit post. i L O V E that blouse, it's so amazing. and the photos are stunning
happy weekend
xx

Samira said...

wow amazing skirt. bold statement

The Fancy Teacup said...

I remember eyeballing that gorgeous skirt in Zara, but alas, they had ran out of my size. That transformable shirt is fantastic; it's so chic and like a lovely work of art!

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.

Fashion Agony said...

Gorgeous outfit, great styling!

xoxo
http://fashionagony.blogspot.com/

jessica january said...

i love this entire outfit. every time you wear that skirt, i just think "perfect" and that blouse is literally the best thing i've EVER seen! it's incredible!


january, x
jessicajanuary.com

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE this outfit! You look soooo amazing!!! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

LOVE this outfit doll, great look...that blouse rocks!

Xoxo-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

KimChicSisters said...

love this outfit!

http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/2011/03/flowers-half-bloomed.html

Julia said...

Such a cute outfit!

I Love this post! and love your blog!

Please check mine out and if you like what you see follow! Id love the support! xx

http:mydesignexploration.blogspot.com.

blue roses said...

the draping work you did with the top is incredible, and i love pairing the full, flouncy, bold leopard with a crisp white.

and totally agreed, well made boots that last for seasons in the northeast are worth more than their weight in gold.

you should wax poetic more often....

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

Christina said...

Such perfection. You really understand how to play with fabrics and pieces and make them look different and new. You are a true stylist.

Wynn said...

Yay! You wore my favorite skirt!! Happy Friday! xox

Mrs. C said...

That blouse is amazing!!! And LOVE the leopard skirt!!! I'm wearing one in my Closet Confession today! Check it out!!!

www.mrscapretta.com

Unknown said...

just gorgeous, i love the shirt it is so different from anything i have ever seen!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Roxanna (Miguelina) said...

I love what you did with the tunic! So agree that well-made pieces are worth it.

Collections said...

Love the outfit. The white shirt is great.

www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

there is a nice shooting on white skirt in Stiletto !!
(i put 2 pics of it on my blog today)

Jessie said...

great skirt and chemise. such a great look. you always pull it together fabulously.

http://wordbyjessie.com

FairyFiligree said...

Lovely outfit there - love that shirt.
But what about the art piece you have behind you in the pictures. Can you tell me more about it - really intrigues me.... And wildly offsets your great outfit....

Annie Chang said...

Dandy shirt! So creative!

http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Karolina said...

This shirt is beautiful and fantastic! I want it!

Anonymous said...

The ONLY reason you get away with any of the kooky shit you wear is because you are skinny.

Juanette said...

OMG that shirt made me want to touch myself, it looks so good! It's just jokes, people, I'm saying I seriously love it....

Anonymous said...

you look fabulous! the top has a great shape.

LV said...

Love this outfit from head to toe. That skirt is FAB! I really love the top too.

http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

Malena said...

Love the shapes!

Sara said...

I love that skirt. If only there was a Zara where I live. I think I went to most of the Zara's in Paris when I was there last year. Hey Kelly, are you growing your hair out? I'm going to show my stylist the way your hair is right now, I think it is adorable! Only I'm going to go really blonde for a change. Yikes!!

AliceG said...

skirt skirt skirt<3

http://thestrawberrymousse.blogspot.com/

Danish Demeanor said...

Totally head over heels with the skirt,,,

www.danishdemeanor.com

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

I have never seen such a shirt and I'm lovin it!! So unique and stylish!

Cathy said...

Can you get any cuter? Geeze! Love it!!!
http://www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

Molliee said...

this outfit is so interesting how you put it all together! I love your inventiveness - it is inspiring:)

http://mstwirlyskirts.com

jessica said...

Faboosh! Nope I dont know where that word came from or why I chose to use it for the first time commenting on your blog. Im pretty sure what Im trying to say is I am in love with your ensemble. Tis Faboosh indeed. :)

Apt. #34 said...

Wow, had drinks with coco+kelley last night and she recommended I stop by. Glad I did - I'm swooning over your TOV blouse and that Zara skirt! Wowza :) PS my word verification is decoric

Ayanna Michelle said...

I absolutely love this outfit. I'm a sucker for leather jackets, I'm really into leapord right now as well...but my favorite piece is that blouse. It's amazing! Truly.

Quench Fab

mo said...

Love as mcuh as you each piece of clothes of thhis outfit!!
You look amazing, love the background!!
XOXO

http://teenagedream-mo.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This skirt is essential for my happiness hehehehe looking gorgeous as always hun,keep up ;) xoxo

Brandi-Nicole said...

The whole outfit is amazing! Especially the skirt.

becca said...

Love this! How do you get your hair to grow so fast?

Katherine said...

Love your blouse!
La Petite Marmoset

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Love this whole thing. It's pretty darn perfect.

I've never commented before, but I adore your blog!!!

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Amazing get-up! I love twisting everything around and getting a different look from the same piece.
new blog www.thefoolishaesthete.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

that skirt is to die for. your outfits are always so fabulous!

http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/

Rosa Tang said...

i want those sunnies! and practically everything else in your wardrobe :P
♡, Rosa T.

finkalixius | Fashion said...

awesome boots dear, i love it

Celebrities and Fashion said...

love the outfit too stunning for me dear.

Julie Paz said...

I love the mix of edge and softness!

Anne said...

this top is very very very beautiful!!!!

Michelle Lee said...

loveeeee this outfit!

check out my Ferragamo jelly flats
http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
twitter @divalicious_m

Unknown said...

this outfit looks like it came straight out of a magazine, no lie. it's the cutest thing EVER and don't you just LOVE banana republic hats? I not too long ago bought a straw fedora online there, your hat is sooo cute :)

I'm a follower, please follow back? :)

xoxo,
Grace

http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

Raecine said...

lol i luv your enthusiasm

Britney said...

You are one beautiful lady!

charlene ljungquist said...

you are adorable!

one of my favorite looks you have put together yet!!!

so classic and gorgeous.

xxoo

charlene

charleneileen.com

Cindy said...

That blouse is amazing! It's so unique and chic. You always manage to make fashion risks look easy.

Cindy
Style Soufflé

Jen said...

I'm a fan of the cropped leather jacket and leopard print combo!

I did a blog post of my version a couple of weeks ago here: http://www.youreverydaystylist.com/blog/?p=456

Jen

MR Canada Models said...

I agree! the blouse and the cropped leather jacket are really special. The giant bow puts a smile on my face.

J.J. said...

ahh you are one of the few still inspired fashion bloggers left.

Moda said...

I just found your blog, i have to say I LOVE it! Your hair style is cool, your apartment is very well decorated and you sound been a cool girl.

Dirty Closet said...

amazing!!!!
olguiscloset.blogspot.com

Carolina S. said...

LOVE your style. I always visit your blog and you never seem to bore me. Congrats on the blog, it´s really great!

Unknown said...

love the leopard skirt and boots!

madde

www.looksbetterinblack.com

Lola Flash said...

No wonder the skirt is your most loved item just now. It's priceless the most subtle and classy form of leopard print.

I am so jealous.

Alba

www.fashionistaontour.com

Kimberly said...

amazing outfit! every piece is gorgeous!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

Connie said...

Just adore the skirt.

The Heartbreak

The Bohemienne said...

Fabulous outfit! This would look like overkill on most people, but you pull it together flawlessly. And I love how your hair is growing into an adorable bob.

http://thebohemienne.wordpress.com/

Nuha said...

oh my goodness, I loved this skirt the first time you wore it at Fashion week. Now this?! You are amazing!

Red Carpet Bandit said...

I am in love with this blouse. SO theatrical!

Anonymous said...

well done. so inspirational, thank you. keep up the good work.

cheers!
http://passionlessfashion.wordpress.com

Rossella said...

amazing amazing zara skirt

let me know your thoughts on my new blog entry and follow me at:

My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries

Ksenia Grinberg said...

Looks so cool :)

Joan.Dorina said...

great blog!! great post!! love it!! congrats***

Follow us and we would love to follow you too..Keep blogging honey!!!
yours fashionably,
http://modeliciousbites.blogspot.com/

Fashionilla said...

Every single piece you are wearing is magnifique!!! Especially the Primary leather jacket!!

Well done!

Mimi Lauzon

http://thefashionilla.blogspot.com/