2.19.2011

{ just do it } yourself


i realize her bracelet is separate from the jacket, but is anyone else thinking what i'm thinking: that it's totally time to DIY CHARM-BRACELET-EMBELLISH the pockets on a vintage trench?? or maybe i've just got chain-spiration stuck on my mind?!
{ image via style.com }

34 comments:

HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said...

nice! that bracelet is hard! nice idea :)))

Jennifer S. said...

I love the oversized aspect of this bracelet...its awesome!

jen
http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Genius! even just oversized chain edging all the pockets and down the front edge would be soooo cool!

xo denj


www.hellodenj.com

Míriam Juan-Torres said...

It would actually look really good!
Let's go for it :)
xx

L. said...

And... this is why I love you- keep the creativity flowin' girl :)
L. from www.missionfashionable.com

Raspberry Jam said...

That bracelet is insane!

http://sweetraspberryjam.blogspot.com/


XOXO

Anonymous said...

That is a really good idea!! supporting the DIY 100%
<3
http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Now there's a thought!
Time to go digging through the broken jewellery box again! =]

la reina cotilla said...

awesome, are you gonna make it? I love the size of the chain.
caprichosdeana.blogspot.com

gabrielle said...

id love to see how it turns out!

help me win the levi's girl competition. vote for gabrielle and spread the word! www.facebook.com/levis

Gabrielle Pascua said...

Oh the way your mind works! It's mind-boggling! Cannot wait to see the result...please do a follow-up post so I can make my own, and bask in the reverie of chain-lined everything!!!

xx Gaby

Yasmeen said...

You should do it! I love seeing DIYs come to life :)

I think my favorite DIY of yours was the painting of the dresser. It looked completed different after.

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

Fashion Agony said...

Great idea, I'd love to see the result!

xoxo
http://fashionagony.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

that is the sickest charm bracelet i have ever seen! LOVE IT!!
http://www.wordbyjessie.com
xxjj

The Photodiarist said...

I remember her! That bracelet is unforgettable. She was a stunning looking woman too.

Hey There Carole! said...

I love the idea and can't wait to see the finished trench.

Carolyn said...

you're a DIY goddess :) and i think trench coats are such a classic piece that they can definitely pizazz up!

Aubrey and Melissa said...

GENIUS.

Laurita P said...

i like how the bracelet is oversized...

http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com

LEFTONBOISE said...

Hellz yeah it's GENIUS! Can't wait to see pics!

http://www.leftonboise.com

Unknown said...

i just love the idea! i think I'll try it :

follow me on:
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2187105/glamourgirl
http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

Oh girl, you get inspired by so many fabulous things: this can only mean one thing, you are totally born for fashion. The oversized bracelet looks fabulous (although I don’t know if everybody would get away with it). You can ABSOLUTELY never go wrong with an beige colored classic trench (and yes, Burberry is still my favorite in this category). One question: if the bracelet is separate from the coat, is it not too big for her wrist????

blank said...

love the idea of dressing up a trench, turns ordinary to extraordinary! can't wait to see your project!

--la vie en BROKE--
http://jennachristine.blogspot.com/

SAMANTHA said...

yeah that would be pretty incredible- please share! :)


xx
www.dragonnfruit.com

annawithlove said...

ummm, yes yes and YES! if anyone could do it it's you
www.annawithlove.com

Unknown said...

total chic, great idea for a diy

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

erin said...

What a great idea! Can't wait to see pics. I have been obsessed with trenches lately, I just scored a hot pink Marc Jacobs one that I am practically living in!

~ Erin
mysolesearching.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

i want that bracelet!!!!!

http://www.postmodernrunway.com/

Michelle Lee said...

would be so cool
love DIYs :)

double strap watch international GIVEAWAY at:
http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Rossella said...

wow love this bracelet

let me know your thoughts on my new blog entry and follow me at:

My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries

Wynn said...

Oooh, great inspiration idea!!

Miyan said...

uuuuuhh! that charmer is fantastic!

Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Tea Joeli said...

Love your blog and pics:)

WWW.THEBRUNETTEWORLD.COM

xxx

Kristen said...

This post inspired a late night DIY session. Thanks!

http://bit.ly/eMpG1a