1.17.2011

{ gritter girl }

when i first saw this flannel frock on modcloth, i instantly knew it would become this season's casual staple ~ it struck me as the winter version of THIS DRESS, which i loved so much last summer.

lo and behold, when it arrived, i realized both pieces were made by the same brand! they clearly know a thing or two about perfectly slouchy day dresses.

for its inaugural outing, i jauntily knotted the front and layered it with a long-sleeve sweater (for warmth, more than anything!) and knit skirt. back in my boudoir, i've been experimenting with wearing it belted, or worn open over other separates. my experiments predict you'll be seeing a lot more of this piece in the coming months!!

{ lanvin for h+m sunnies (current favorites, in case you hadn't noticed!), random cashmere scarf, TOV dress courtesy of modcloth, zara sweater (worn under dress), f21 skirt, michael kors watch, coach boots }

59 comments:

HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said...

Flannel looks just as good on you as polka dots ( or anything else you wear)! The Coach boots bring it to another level!

Chelsey said...

The boots are sooo lovely!
The knotting is quite genius, too~

xo Chelsey
http://www.bobachi.blogspot.com

SAMANTHA said...

i absolutely love this you look beautiful, i really like the outfit and what you did with the dress

xx
www.dragonnfruit.com

audrey marie said...

i want those sunnies! everytime you post i want them more.

Sylvia said...

Great Look! I love the cut of that top and the pockets. very cool. sexy boots, too.

i wander, i wonder

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

major! along with your coach boots.. :D
xxx

http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

Fashion Agony said...

Those boots are gorgeous!
xoxo
http://fashionagony.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

these overknee boots are just so good

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
xxx

Anonymous said...

The outfit is great (as per usual) but I just looked back there at the other dress and my gosh your hair has gotten longer!

Back to the original topic! Great dress, fantastic shoes, amazing sunnies... Fairly similar to the majority of comments I've ever left on your page. You just don't have an off day, do you?! =]

Beautycountry said...

you look great, girl!!

That dress is perfect for those boots!! :D

Lauren said...

Loving the fannel! I feel like the slouchier the better sometimes, and with those boots!! = Perfect!


http://laurenlovestoshare.blogspot.com/

Karolina said...

Amazing! In your outfits everything is always perfect ;)

http://carriesfashiondiary.blogspot.com/

MELISSA Z. said...

the last pic is wonderful, great job! <3

www.abitoffashion.com

thefashionguitar said...

Like the boots!! Wanna have them :)

XO thefashionguitar

Joanna said...

Nice dress!

http://theythinkimtooyoung.blogspot.com

Malena said...

Great dress!

Virginie said...

you look amazing, like the dress and the boots!

Virginie/ Couture & DIY

RAYNE said...

Love those boots! & the fit of the dress :)

xx
www.lluviaforallseasons.com

Kim said...

Beautiful Kelly! Looks very good :)

brunetteblogging.com

Michelle Lee said...

love that boots

check out Ted Rossi's beautiful accessories at:
http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com/2011/01/todays-look-in-ted-rossi.html
(if you are new at my blog: follow my blog and leave me comment, then I'll follow you too!)

daily mix LA said...

simply love your blog

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

Great outfit, love all the layers & that day dress is perfect!

XoXo-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

Yasmeen said...

I think I prefer the summer version of this dress just because of the airiness and color. It was just so dainty. But this dress works for winter, I guess.

Can't wait to see you style it in other ways :]

Yasmeen
Castle Fashion

The Fancy Teacup said...

The flannel is a great staple, love how amended it for a more fashionable look. And those boots make great accents and touches of color to the outfit. Very pretty!

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.

The Purse-a-holic said...

Looks great Kelly.

http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

Anaivilo said...

Interesting shirt/dress. I really love how it looks :D Great!

annawithlove said...

always love your posts photos and outfits! You stand out! LOVE IT.
http://www.annawithlove.com

ClosetConfections said...

Love the way you styled this. I have a couple of flannel dresses, but sometimes think they look too casual. You've done it perfectly.

Kendra
http://closetconfections.com

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing this winter has been a slouchy dress with tights and boots. It's the most comfortable thing and I need to at least be confortable while I'm freezing! Love that dress and it does look super comfy:)

Copious Couture said...

Love the dress!!!!!! So stunning!






Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Collette Osuna said...

LOVE the dress!!
Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Lulus Giftcard Giveaway!!♥

Stella* said...

Love this look, especially how you tied the front of the dress in a knot. Looks amazing with those gorgeous Coach boots!

candystorerock-austin.blogspot.com

Marissa said...

yeah, totally need those boots in my closet (there is a closet fairy who makes these wishes come true, right?) also really like the dress.

p.s. Please do me a huge favor and stop by Murval Paris' fan page (you can even like us if you want ;)

Murval

Misses Bee said...

Looks great! Just saw your picture at Macy's by the Coach purses :)

Francesca Robertson said...

very very cool dress

xoxo,
F

Le Kiss Kiss- Click Here!

Unknown said...

The best thing about the dressed is it can be styled in so many ways. ;)
~Giselle
http://www.machinewashwarm.blogspot.com

Impetuous Style said...

I love how you've tied this look at the base, creating some interesting draping effects. I love how you've "winterized it."

http://impetuousstyle.com

Christina said...

love how you notted that dress and those boots are just gorgeous! great styling!

David Diaz said...

Your outfit looks gorgeous! I love the boots and the sunglasses!

: ) David
VirtuallyStunning.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

OMG → Those boots are RE-DONK-ULOUS !! ♥


http://www.sprezza2raw.com/

Anonymous said...

You make casual look classy. I love those boots BTW.

Consignment Stash said...

Perfectly paired with the boots!

Unknown said...

absolutely love this!! how creative!

www.ThePantryDrawer.com

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

Absolutely perfect! And what a perfect pairing with the boots...stunning! xo

Julie and Lauren said...

The boots are great!
Xx.

http://bornandbread.blogspot.com

km. said...

Love your styling with this dress! Amazing boots

Kate xo
collectionsandcreations.blogspot.com

Elisabeth said...

Love how you styled the dress! I wouldn't have thought to tie it, but it looks so fresh and nicely updated.

everythingsbetterwithfrosting.com

Sarah said...

i love those boots!
www.stylewithsarah.com

Melissa Townsend said...

I couldn't help but think of you when I saw that free people is featuring mixed prints this week.
http://www.freepeople.com/

Mixology is everywhere!

Sherry, Rachel, Shirley said...

Hey Kelly
We nominated you for my stylish blogger award. Check it out here http://tresladies85.blogspot.com/2011/01/were-nominated-stylish-blog-award.html .
We love your blog :)

*Trois Femmes*

Rebecca Jane said...

Love the dress and how you've styled it!

PSbyDila said...

Amazing outfit!

blog.PSbyDila.com

Run With Fashion said...

Loove how you styled your outfit!
Loove the flannel frock! soo nice.

Ieva Kurash said...

I like your boots :)

eM!
http://mstyleideas.blogspot.com/

The Cat's Whiskers said...

laid back but still chic, great!
♥ ♥ ♥

APARTMENT 23

The Bohemienne said...

Love it! The knot in the front, the boots...genius.

M said...

I think the knot is not at its right position.
It looks like your flannel frock gets absorbed by a very unflattering part of your body.

Annalise said...

I love your remixes and the way you can wear a piece again and again and still make it look totally different. I can't wait to see how you style this one!
XOXO