9.30.2010

{ raindays as runways }

we've had a lot of rain this week in new york, which is fine when you get to stay put, all cozy at home. but it seems to be a rule of nature that the yuckiest days are also the ones where you're expected to appear all over town!

i've suffered through enough appointments in hideous rain gear (esp. my first couple years in NY!) to know that it's worthwhile to invest in an assortment of sheltering (but chic!) accessories, to help maintain your style on the most dismal of days. in case your own wardrobe could also use some weather-proofing, here are a few protective pieces i like right now:

{ anthropologie ruffle trench & cloche hat, sefton red-stripe umbrella, barney's navy umbrella, see by chloe wellies, anthropologie ensemble, land's end cropped trench }

{ modcloth umbrella, 3.1 philip lim moto/trench hybrid, hunter regent savoy wellies, imax umbrella stand, alexander mcqueen gold skull umbrella, spiegel matte jersey raincoat, silver raindrop earrings }

PS: this recent influx of shopping posts results from the fact that i'm fervently trying to figure out what exactly i need this season (this leads to a lot of online browsing), and i imagine you probably are too!
PPS: soak up some more rainy day inspiration HERE and HERE.

38 comments:

Zarna said...

i love that modcloth umbrella!

stayfabulous,
zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

vonnie said...

love all of the jackets in the top set! ruffles are my thinnnng


http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Tiffany's Small World said...

really like the jacket/trench and the boots

Mary Ann said...

The ruffle trench is fab!

Sylvia said...

quilted hunters?!?! holy chanel! they're beautiful.

great post! we got a sprinkle of rain today in LA and I was dreaming of some rainboots. these couldn't be more perfect.

:)

Blond Panther & Louboutin... said...

I love the First Trench... I want it!!!!!!
And the Hunter are sooooo nice!!!

Joie de Viv said...

I've been lusting for that coat but not quite sure it's flattering on me. Those rain boots must come home to me - even though SoCal rarely gets rain. Hopefully it'll get some good use! Love all your picks!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

La Porta Màgica by Tatiana Supervia said...

Good selection I like all!!

Kisses from Barcelona

Tatiana

Arantxa Chavarria said...

love the rainboots!







http://sweetlittleconfessions.blogspot.com/

Alexa J. said...

thanks for inspiration :D

Unknown said...

i love the coats!!!
xoxo
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Alessandra Nido said...

I love the girl's jacket!
It's goregous!

3 MAIGLÖCKCHEN said...

i love the earrings!
regards
http://3maigloeckchen.blogspot.com/

Ava said...

Love this post, especially both wellies. I've been dying to get a pair for ages..however Summer's around the corner down under so there's no point now :(

x

dreascosmos.blogspot.com

Caddy said...

Great picks! . I love that hat most of all. Its been raining a lot in my area too

Anonymous said...

I love the ruffle trench! :)

http://ochopeces.blogspot.com/

amola-tesouras said...

Well, I'me leaving for my very first trip to NY tomorrow, so the weather/style forecast is greatly appreciated!

Collette Osuna said...

Love your suggestions...these are all great:)


Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
Statements in Fashion Blog

Cynthia said...

i simply must have that anthropologie trench!


http://7deadlycyns.blogspot.com/

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

Love the chloe wellies, so chic! Great post, lots of rain expected in Ontario this weekend... :(

XoXO-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

Brigadeiro said...

Love that Modcloth brolly!
xx

Lisa Griffin said...

I neeed a rainhat I've decided! I feel like a wet puppy in this rain today!
www.indramaticfashion.com

Samantha said...

Love those patterned wellies!! And the modcloth umbrella is fabulous. Love these picks!

-Samantha
http://sincerelysamantha.com

Baby Budget Blog said...

Had my eye on that Anthro hat...saw it in the store yesterday and it's super cute. That modcloth umbrella's pretty cool too!

www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

FASHION SNAG said...

Love the rain gear!

www.FashionSnag.com

My Style Advice said...

love the black boots on bottom and the preppy looking umbrellas.

Mahana said...

Love it all! Actually have the Anthropologie Cream Confection coat...Divine. Simply well made and very flattering. Highly recommend purchasing! I've also been eying the Clinton Trench (wish it were still available in tan) and think Anthro is trying to kill me (and my wallet) with fantastic fall coats!

Jenmarie said...

Incredible and very useful decisions! I'm loving the color palette you worked with.

http://www.stylethroughhereyes.com

Anonymous said...

Seriously if that McQueen Umbrella weren't $850 then I would be on that. I love the handle detail. Nothing like keeping dry and looking amazing as well.

Heather said...

Lovely rain gear always makes the rain less miserable haha. It's rainy here too today (or at least it's about to from that storm).
http://behindthelashes.com

fashionsdirtylaundry said...

I am lusting over the McQueen umbrella!

Laura said...

loooooooooove the hunter boots

Ana said...

It's been so rainy here lately, that I could really use some of these pieces. Those Hunter wellies would do a great job at keeping my feet dry and stylish!

Miss Scarlet said...

My gosh I want the Alexander McQueen umbrella.

Susy said...

I love the ruffle trench coat!!

justusy.blogspot.com

Fashion Today said...

That umbrella stand is amazing!

Annelie said...

I want the McQueen umbrella!!!

Doni W. said...

The second spread is amazing! I love the 3.1 leather jacket and the black and cream umbrella.