3.23.2010

{ new blue } robin's egg hue

candy colored nails have officially become mainstream. as such, i planned to give them up ~ and had been doing so quite well for the last few months. but then, chanel had to come out with a new blue hue to beat my best determinations!

if last year was all about their jade (left), then this spring unequivocally belongs to nouvelle vague (translated to mean 'new wave' / also the name of a legitimately great cover band!). chanel's beauty products get me every time; as i announced on twitter, i even recently began using their deodorant! ridiculous, i know. anyway, au revoir for now, i'm off to have my nails done!

34 comments:

Chloe said...

Oh, I love both covers. So pretty pretty pretty.

elle hearts blogs said...

i love nouvelle vague. i hope it's not a frenzy to get it again like jade last year. it was really hard to find.

xoxo

elleheartsblogs.blogspot.com

The Photodiarist said...

It looks so pretty in the bottle, but I have to admit that the only candy color I love is red.

Rich and Rebellious said...

Such beautiful soft colors, perfect for spring.

Brigadeiro said...

Such cute colours! Must break out of my comfort zone of 'clear pink'...
xx

Lorena said...

It looks very similar to 'For Audrey' by China Glaze, it would be interesting to see a comparison. 'For Audrey' would probably be a good choice for everyone who doesn't want to pay Chanel prices.

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

Madeline Veenstra said...

These colours are so beautiful! I love them :)

brunchatthebeach said...

I'm so tempted to mix both.

-Jane @ Brunch at the Beach

Anonymous said...

Hehe... Back on the track! ;-D

abataba said...

Beautiful!!

Jessica said...

The blue looks like a robin's egg.

alice/SELECTIVE MEMORY said...

SO CUTE, i love that nail polish colors are so talked-about these days, it is all about the details :)

Lorena said...

I am still UPSET that I was never able to get my hands on Jade... it flew off the counters...

Anika said...

Love their shades. So perfect, so every time.

I didn't manage to get my hands on jade, but have an alternative I'm happy with. This new one? You're going to have to share what it looks like so I can then covet unceremoniously.

p.s. love,adore your blog. Discovered it a wee while back and have been reading it for yonks but at work where I cannot comment.
So just to say, love your blog :)

Twila's Vintage said...

They had a very similar color at MAC last spring. Mine got stolen along with my purse and I have been on the hunt for a replacement ever since. Thanks for sharing.

Twila
blog.twilasvintageclothing.com

Anonymous said...

both of those colours are truly amazing!
<3

Josepha said...

I think it would look so pretty used on the toes, with white sandals - a clean look overall.

FASHION SNAG said...

Beautiful color.

www.FashionSnag.com

Marisa said...

Oh my goodness ... I want it now! It would even look good on my terribly short nails!

Marisa

www.lerainyday.blogspot.com

Hal E. Liebling said...

Really gorgeous colors. It's hard to find pastels that aren't sheer. I need one!

HALCOHOLIC.com

Luyao said...

Omg, this shade makes me so happy! I normally don't wear pastel colors but I think I'm definitely gon try this one. Such a spring-y color! The blue reminds me of the Coach Kristin clutch.


http://killingthagame.blogspot.com

Mango Gal said...

Oooooh! I like this.

Anonymous said...

PRETTY.
i may like this more than the jade.

D e g a i n e said...

love the green color its so spring!

D e g a i n e

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Happyretro said...

I love those 2 shades. They're very close to 2 colours I painted my toes with religiously back in 1997. I can't believe that was 13 years ago. Feels like yesterday. It brings back happy memories.

Kimmy Davis said...

Makes me happppppy!

J. said...

Gorgeous colors, both of them!!

Dodi said...

What a pretty shade! I'm really liking it. Too bad I can't really afford to splurge on Chanel nail polish on my college budget, haha. I'm sure I'll be able find a similar shade by OPI for almost half the price.

Rebecca Jane said...

Love this new colour!

Annie Spandex said...

That shade is the exact shade I have been searching for for over a decade!! :o Finally! A true turquoise nail polish!

Anonymous said...

Oh please do share photos of the polish on some real live nails...

Suzanne Zappia said...

very much a "tiffany" blue. (hence the comparison above to "For Audrey"). love it.

suzysews.blogspot.com

Sildenafil Blog said...

I've heard this is the best brand, actually I know that "Chanel" is the best because I have some of them at home and the result is extraordinary.

SEO Los Angeles said...

This reminds me... It is time to paint my nails some fun colors.