1.18.2010

{ snapshots of life }

this past weekend was a holiday in the states, and i enjoyed it out of the city, hibernating in the hamptons with a few dear friends. we stomped around in the snow, visited vineyards, and played board games in front of the fire. we bought fresh fish and veggies for every meal, and ate like kings. we shopped a little {i think i finally found the perfect pooch purse!}, and introduced bunny to the beach. we read gossip magazines, made lemoncellos, and watched the golden globes...

sometimes life can be unbearably lovely.

{a dog of action / winter wonderland / raccoon tracks on the back deck}

{wolfford winery / scrabble}

{stuffed branzino / cheeseplate / oysters}

{considering carryalls at coach / beachfront with bunny}

31 comments:

Daphne said...

Way to go, someone, on "assaulter"!! That food looks unbelievable. And you and Bunny are just too cute together! Can't get enough of her! You look lovely, too, of course!!
xo

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are beautiful!
I'm so jealous that you have such gorgeous surroundings, but also impressed that you took advantage of them. Many people don't stop to take everything in.

Also my puppy has a girl-crush on your Bunny ;-)

chloehasflair.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

Look like a nice relaxing weekend, and that food must have been so good! Nothing better than fresh fish and home-cooked meals. And I have to add, normally I'm not a dog person but Bunny is SO cute!

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great pictures.. Makes me feel like I was there with you. And Bunny is too cute.. I didn't get my dog a carrying bag but he did get a coach coat. Thanks for sharing!

www.fashionofmysoul.blogspot.com

Charmalade said...

I'm so glad you found the perfect doggie purse! Bunny looks too cute, peeping his head out of that bag. :)

http://charmalade.blogspot.com/

bravegrrl said...

hmmmmmmmm, i want oysters now :)

xo
bravegrrl.blogspot.com

K.B. said...

Love the Coach bag and also the food! I didn't know people made lemoncello at home.

Where are the rainboots from? I think I need a pair.

Rock Couture said...

Beautiful PICTURES ... AS ALWAYS!

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ K.B: the rainboots are classic hunter wellies. you can't go wrong!

xoGlamourai

AlixRose said...

How wonderfully picturesque! It sounds and looks like an amazing holiday. Thanks for sharing!

MissKimmy said...

gorgeous photos, you are very blessed!!

XO Kimmy
www.strawberry-stiletto.com

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Goodness...I almost feel like I was on a mini vacation just from looking at the pictures!

What a wonderful way to spend time with loved ones....especially Bunny!

beneath the glass said...

wow, gorgeous pics, like right out of a magazine. sounds like you had fun, i'm jealous! :)

http://beneaththeglass.blogspot.com/

Wardrobe Warrioress said...

Great shots! Love the puppy.

Check out my blog! :-)
http://www.wardrobewarrioress.blogspot.com/

The Sound of Lace said...

Wow sounds nice and relaxing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://thesoundoflace.blogspot.com/
http://thesoundoflace.blogspot.com/
http://thesoundoflace.blogspot.com/
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sailor Jamee said...

your dog kills me...she's so adorable! little bunny (: looks like such a fun mini vacation!

the clothing project said...

Fabulous. these photos are beautiful.

- www.theclothingproject.com

Erica said...

mmmm oysters

Brigadeiro said...

Such a lovely way to pass the time! LOVE the photos (especially the 'raccoon tracks' photo)!
xx

Une étincelle de mode said...

Wonderful pictures!!!! Your dog is so cute!

http://etincelledemode.blogspot.com/

Emilie said...

Love the photos! The dog is adorable!
x
Emilie

The Village Idiot said...

aww your "lil girl" is sooo precious!!! she looks like she has a little sas to her!!!
love the carrier and the rain wellies!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Eating well is the nicest luxury.

We are a lucky lot.

Your dog is lovely. My husband and I rescued a frenchie last March. Sady, she is too large to tote in a bag, however, she does look smart in her winter sweaters.

Anonymous said...

sounds like the most perfect long weekend ever. the bag you found for Bunny looks so cute! (were you shopping in Colette there? looks familiar.)

Lipstick Chick said...

Yay! I love glimpses into your fabulous life!

Aline said...

bunny!!!!!

what a wonderful weekend!

B.Kienapple said...

What a perfect winter weekend..and complete with Scrabble, even better!

Kate said...

Those are turkey tracks on your deck! :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/9/9a/20080811075336!Turkey_tracks_in_the_snow.jpg

Katarina SWEDEN said...

Ohhhh, Great to see snapshots of your life. I love your blog and I think you have a wonderful sense of style!

All Women Stalker said...

I really love the photos of you and the dog. The most amazing photos, I think, are the last ones of you and Bunny.

TheGlamourai said...

* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *

xoxoGlamourai