
after new year's, my siblings, my guy and i had planned to drive to new mexico ~ to relive last winter's marfa adventure. instead, we settled for the ease & quiet of our family's holiday cottage on the blanco river in the texas hill country. we cooked long meals, built wine-soaked bonfires, played card games on the patio...


...and hiked up and down the river, exploring its cliffs & caves. it was bliss.



wearing: gap beanie; vintage scarf, jewels, and sunnies; ralph lauren leather and duck cloth utility jacket, neiman marcus cashmere sweater, rag & bone arm warmers, hudson jeans, target ribbon-trimmed socks, aldo hiking boots


60 comments:
sounds like such an incredible time. the images are gorgeous. thank you for sharing. love the boots in the last photo too!
you always look good- whether in the city or not! amazing photos, it must have been a gorgeous experience.
have a sweet day, xoxo
love this casual look on you - and i second moomby re the boots!
What a lovely post! I would never imagine that Texas was that nice, those look like some amazing and pretty relaxed vacations... :)
Lucky you!
PS.: Love your sunglasses and the bag on the first picture.
I don't know of anyone else who hikes in Neiman Marcus cashmere sweaters. LOL! :D
love the sunnies!!
What a gorgeous environment!! I'm glad you had a relaxing and, as always, glamourous holiday season!!
Happy 2010!
xx
Ava
http://www.aandhblog.wordpress.com
Fashionable in all "walks" of life. Love the necklace combination. Please share their identities. Thank you for your inspiration.
lovely pics!
Being from Texas, I can proudly say...
There's no place like home!
You represent us stylishly well!
Lovely pictures! Looks like you had fun and I love your outfit and those arm warmers are wonderful. I love it.
love love the cat eye glasses
Had to wait to last shot to see how DOPE your boots are!
xx
www.kimmydavis.com
of course you look that amazing while enjoying the outdoors!
what a beautiful place!
Love the pics! Glamour guy did good!
GlamMa
Beautiful clothing and gorgeous scenery! - Natalya of Wear Necessities
Nice shades!
You make hiking look so glamourous! I always end up looking like I fell out of a garbage can!
that place looks awesome! I love your sunglass.. Gap is a hidden treasure.
love those boots.
http://gleopatraofdenial.blogspot.com/
completely stunning! the weather looked divine! what a setting!
xx
This sounds and looks like a dream. Your stories of family and sharing are always inspiring to me. Happy New Year!
xox
D
love the last photo.
scissorsanddolls.blogspot.com
You are so Beautiful!! Great house Pic too
You look sooo Happy and relaxed and sooo fabulous!!!!!!!! Love love love the sunglasses and Happpy Happy 2010 from all the sistas!!!!! mwah!!!!!! xooxoxo
It's obvious that you are the chicest hiker out there!
Beautiful pictures! :) If only I lived someplace like this!
http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/
What wonderful photos, they look nearly autumnal, which is a happy break from the frigid cold of late. I love your cat-eye sunglasses and all cabin adventures should be had in lovely lace-up boots like yours!
xx Jenny
gorgeous darling
love it, beautiful inspiration
i really love your blog, keep it up
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the sweet comments
-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com
Great outfit and pictures in general.. What a fun time you must have had!
www.fashionofmysoul.blogspot.com
COOL boots! Not bad for Aldo!!
sounds fab! i was just wondering what kind of camera u use and if u take the pics yourself cus they always look really profesional?
your jewelry is so equsisite! i love these pictures! =)
http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/
Your stylishness in every setting is quite mind-boggling.
Congratulations to you for deciding to live a beautiful life at all times. Don't ever lose your resolve!
How soothing to see these images... you do country living with style!
COOL glasses!
Beautiful scenery too.
...me encanta tu estilo!!
preciosas fotografias...
bstoss!!
lovely pictures
Clothes Are Cute
Clothes Are Cute
i love how you dressed to be outside but your outfit still looks well put together.
http://thedollhouse0101.blogspot.com/
Lovely photos and sunglasses. I like your shoes too.
oooohhhhh! I love this post glamour!! I can imagine what a fabulous time you must have had - and that lake looks amazing. Happy New Year from sunny Sydney.
Your sunglasses are awesome!
www.abitoffashion.com
so simple. beautiful post.
@ madsta: i am very fortunate that my glamour guy IS a professional photographer. he helps me SO MUCH with the photos. we use 4 different cameras, depending on the situation ~ from a simple point & shoot to a fancy fancy camera with special lenses. i will try to round up the names of all of these for a future post.
XOGlamourai
I want the same sunglasses!
Ton blog est vraiment superbe !!! j'adore cette serie de photos !!
J'aimerai telement arriver un jour a ta hauteur...!!!
Des bisous de France !
What a stunning picture! So tempting :)
Hello! We are two Spanish girls who adore your style follow us in http://zinzas-zinzas.blogspot.com
thanks!
You look perfectly, great photos :)
hello! first time here and i'm loving it!
Stunning pics :)
Your sunglasses are to die for. Annie.
Love your glasses!
xx
I love your glasses and your gold chunky bracelet :) x
oh MY GOD! im in love with your boots!!! and that sunglasses are to die for!
sounds like a lovely trip - your pictures are gorgeous!
Love your jacket :)
I see your from a small town in Texas, too. I'm from Hamilton, which is like an hour and a half north of Austin. How did you make it in fashion? What took you to the city?
www.theairconditionedgypsy.com
* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *
xoxoGlamourai
Your pictures make me long for wide open spaces and fresh air to vacation in.
Post a Comment