1.04.2010

{ the best way to predict the future is to create it }

i hope everyone had a very happy holiday season; i'm certain we have much to look forward to in the new year! at the very least, anticipate regular posting to resume here over the next few days...



{above photos: ringing in the new year with family + friends at austin's hotel san jose}

48 comments:

Chloe said...

Gorgeous! Perfect NYE outfit, and your eye-makeup = impeccable. If you ever want to do a tutorial on how you do it, I'd be all ears. Er, um, eyes. Eyes and ears. ♥

Shana said...

I need a full length pic! I wanna see the whole ensemble!

C said...

PERFECTION!! I live in Austin :) I'd love to know to meetup next time you're here. I bet you're even more fantastic in person!

xoxo,
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I love the little peek of lace and I'm always always always happy to see bowties on a dude and gold, gold, gold necklace centerpieces. You look lovely!

xx Jenny

InnyVinny said...

Girl, you look smashingly gorgeous. Tell me you have pictures of your entire ensemble...

Moomby said...

love your hairpiece! and that last image is just too cute!

Daphne said...

You look so beautiful and I adore this look SO much! Happy New Year! By the way, your amazing hair is really tempting me to chop my excessive locks in 2010!!!
xox
D

Eleanor said...

Not to be creepy, but I totally have a girl crush on you. :)

You look dynamic!

selena said...

oh you gorgeous thing! happy new year! is that a new necklace because it's amazing!!! and the earrings look great too.

xx

www.dearselena.com

Charmalade said...

I feel like part of being the Glamourai is being fierce, but it's lovely to see you smile more! Also, with that black lace and feather headpiece, this whole look is perfectly spicy as a can-can girl-- or Satine. Either way, oh la la. :D

http://charmalade.blogspot.com/

ali said...

your hair feathers are perfecto!

tanya said...

perfect nye ensemble! i'm loving the dreamy quality of the photos, they look so vintage.

Lipstick Chick said...

I agree with @Charmalade--you have the most beautiful smile!

www.thelipsticklist.blogspot.com

Phyllis said...

you look SO beautiful here! the outfit is perfect, happy new year!

Dirty Hair Halo said...

you are ridiculously glamorous.

www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

Ava said...

HAPPY 2010!! Only you could pull off those fabulous plumes to their optimum effect-- you're always an inspiration!!

xx
Ava
http://www.aandhblog.wordpress.com

The Sound of Lace said...

You always look so dang perfect!! I love these pics! Did you make that necklace? I love it!

http://thesoundoflace.blogspot.com/
http://thesoundoflace.blogspot.com/

Une étincelle de mode said...

Great pictures!!!

http://etincelledemode.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Aww looks like you had a ton of fun!

Flora Deborah Martinez said...

love the outfit :) pretty!

duckalicious said...

oh my! this whole styling is freakin amazing, seriously! I mean, I'm used to the fact that your style rocks, but this is beyond fabulous! (I'm running out of superlatives here!) love it all, especially the crazy headpiece and the supercool last photo. you're an inspiration*

MELISSA Z. said...

Awesome outfit!
Happy New Year!

www.abitoffashion.com

Silk Ties said...

Loving the pics! The head gear is fab!

Anonymous said...

these pictures make me feel so happy! I had a wonderful family NYE, filled with fireworks, grapes, mixed drinks and vintage sequins!
Hooray for the glamourai in 2010!

The Village Idiot said...

you look gorgeous!!
love the photos- they look like they are magazine shots!

Anonymous said...

nothing is better than FEATHERS!!!! As always, amazing photos, costumes and blogging!

xo, Kim of
www.crowded-closet.com

Levinson-Axelrod said...

Lovely! Do you live in Austin? Just found your blog... I enjoy San Jose for it's drinks. :)

Hope you're keepin' warm. It's gonna be pretty chilly this week. I'm sure you'll be fancyin' it up!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Grrl, you are made of delciousness. Wishing you a most auspicious 2010.

Aline said...

you are adorable

happy new year!!!

The Photodiarist said...

Just fabulous! Love those pics, especially the last one!

tatoOm said...

Seriously where do you get inspired? cos you really got it going on!!;) Your style got me going bananas!!

Kimmy said...

Geez, this looks like an editorial from the 60s! You are so classic.

www.kimmydavis.com

K.B. said...

That last image is deliciously cute. Is that the glamourguy?

Laura E. said...

"The best way to predict the future is to create it"

Love how true and aspirational that is.
Wish you a HNY! Keep up the great work. All the best.

Laura E.

by Sutton said...

looks like a blast - so festive!!

i am having Thomas Paul tote give-a-way on my site, take a peek:
http://stylesubstanceandsutton.blogspot.com/2010/01/win-this-tote.html

beautyparler said...

You look stunning! Perfect NYE look:)

Jamie said...

So festive!!! And YES create your own future! I'm with ya!
Jamie
http://glamlatte.blogspot.com/

rebecca said...

gorgeous!! ♥

scissorsanddolls.blogspot.com

Sydney said...

gorgeous new year's pictures! i saw the article about you in CITY magazine the other day, i was flipping through it and got so excited for you!

Susu Paris Chic said...

What a classy outfit you had!

Islandia Lane said...

Love the pics and the outfit - so festive! Happy New Year - looking forward to reading more of you this year!!

dailycloset said...

Hey,babe,
You look amazing as always. I do admit I am a bit obsessive with your blog! Quite shy to comment on you,but
as a fellow designer, I am very jealous of your life in new york!Really love the fact that you always looks so ladylike and well put together, always very cheerful!
Got to say, you really brighten up my rainy days!
sisimae

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ K.B: that's not the glamourguy, but my very best friend...

---

@ EVERYONE: i'm sorry i didn't get a full-length shot. the skirt was the best part of the outfit, and you can't see it at all :(

oh well, that's what happens when you're having fun!

happy new year!

XOXOGlamourai

Bebe said...

beautiful photos! you look gorgeous as always!

www.peaceloveglamour.blogspot.com

Miss Golightly said...

Happy New Year Gorgepot. Stunning necklace and earrings - I'm all about the jewels!
Wishing you a healthy, happy and prosperous 2010.
Miss Golightly

Miss Nightingale said...

Ohhh the feathers are FAB! You look gorgeous as usual. :)

By the way, enter my first ever blog giveaway competition to win FIVE mineral eyeshadows of your choice. I'm so excited!

TheGlamourai said...

* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *

xoxoGlamourai

SEO Services said...

Looks like a really fun party... great outfit for it.