10.15.2009

{ costume of the day } labor + lunch

this week is a doozy! i've been beyond busy ~ knee-deep in a deluge of designing duties ~ but of course i wouldn't have it any other way.

yesterday i needed an outfit that could tastefully take me from typing to shipping to drilling gems to a luxe luncheon with the ladies (my girls greta and jessica). this giddyup getup fit the bustling bill!



wearing: zanzan sunnies, vintage shirt, belt + bag, custom tailor-made tulip skirt, h+m socks, christian louboutin shoes, self-designed jewelry

38 comments:

Hannah said...

nice colour combo! the socks make this outfit so perfect xx

Ava said...

OH. MY. GOD. I AM DYING OVER YOUR LOUBS+SOCKS COMBO. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE I AM IN LOVE. :)
And a healthy dose of plaid makes any Wednesday better :)

xx
Ava
http://www.aandhblog.wordpress.com

C said...

I really love all the accessories in this outfit. From the shoes to the belt to the purse...so lovely.

The Photodiarist said...

Those Louboutins are off the hook.

Anonymous said...

yes, i love those louboutins.

Lillian said...

I'm crazy about the socks with sandals/open shoes look that is everywhere lately. Its just devine.

mariannerellin said...

I am loving your colour palette nowadays.

Taylor Sterling said...

Great outfit! I love the shoes esp. with the socks!

Smaggle said...

The shoe/socks combo is inspired. I believe you are my new Style Bytes...

glam.spoon said...

with those shoes? you could have worn a paper bag, doll.

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the socks under heels look. But only a handful of people can pull it off. You can definitely pull it off.

Brigadeiro said...

LOVE the Loubs!!!
xx

Rebecca Jane said...

those shoes = fabulousness

Heather said...

Whole bunches of love on this outfit!

http://underfundedheiress.blogspot.com/

The Petite Sisters said...

Love your bag very much! Vintage yet unique!

Brittany said...

I love that plaid pattern!

Carmen said...

Your shoes are gorgeous, love your outfit.

Carmen.xx.

agatiszka said...

Great look, one of my yours favourites :)

agatiszka.blogspot.com

Arushi Khosla said...

Loving the Loubies :)

Gon said...

I think this one of my fave outfits ! it's so cool and well styled ;) you're amazing !


kiss,
www.dimogonda.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOve the plaid!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Love the top- great plaid. I want to see the front of the shoes! :)

Lazy Lisa said...

Love your outfit ! the association of plaid shirt with chic skirt, the socks with the shoes, the colors... Great !!! :-)

By the way, have you seen this editorial from Vogue Italia : http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/2009/10/sasha-pivovarova-by-craig-mcdean-for-vogue-italia/
It makes me think of you ! (the post you did about glamour...)

Lazy Lisa said...

and the belt !! ;-)

zoe. xox said...

I love the shirt & shoes!

Shae Acopian Detar said...

I JUST stumbled upon your blog. Fantastic stuff :) A fellow New Yorker! Hello!
Great looks!

shae
www.everythingstyle.com

Susan said...

awww... I want those shoes! :))
xoxo

K.B. said...

So many girls in NYC have been doing the plaid shirt thing this past year, but yours somehow looks extra classy.

Today was gross and rainy and chilly. Can you give some advice on how to look sleek on these shitty days, rather than like a frizzy and frazzled drowned rat?

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ K.B: thank you!

you're right, today was awful. i'm posting what i wore tomorrow ~ basically i just dressed to match my umbrellery!

xoxoGlamourai

Nickie Frye said...

The shoes are fierce & you are so rocking them! www.nickiefrye.etsy.com

Katy said...

Plaid shirts are AWESOME and you are wearing a super duper outfit!

Aline said...

I am in awe of this ensemble!!! I am now ready to try socks under heels!

Samantha said...

i love this!

Bradley Higgenbottom said...

LOVEE your style! its so chic! and you put things together so well!
\
http://mrinsomniac.blogspot.com/

TheGlamourai said...

* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *

xoxoGlamourai

Los Angeles SEO said...

I'm not usually a fan of socks with heals but you pull it off so well that I want to change my mind about it.

Tours in Venice said...

I am wearing socks with my heals today... inspired by you.

Fashion Books said...

Great semi-casual look, perfect for the workplace without feeling over dressed.