last week, gilt groupe (email me if you need a membership invitation!) contacted me with some questions for a feature on their blog. one of them asked what my must-haves are for fall. it's a difficult question, but one that everyone should think carefully about before embarking on a buying binge.

wearing: fred flare sunnies, self-designed jewelry (bottom necklace available HERE), reworked vintage dress (i added the beaded cuffs), vintage belt + bag


wearing: fred flare sunnies, self-designed jewelry (bottom necklace available HERE), reworked vintage dress (i added the beaded cuffs), vintage belt + bag

at the beginning of every season, i analyze what i already have, then make a list of the 'holes' i see in my wardrobe ~ the pieces i need to make what i already have both 'of the moment' and weather-appropriate. besides always being on the lookout for interesting statement jackets and coats, right now my list for fall includes a lot of layering basics:
1. ivory lace fitted tank 2. black drapey tank 3. silk+cashmere cardigan(s) 4. sheer patterned tights 5. hosiery-weight black socks 6. black thigh-high boots 7. red shoes (bonus points if they're bejeweled) 8. leopard-print purse
did i miss anything major? what's on your list this season?
*update! i forgot to include: 9. khaki trench (thanks readers!)
1. ivory lace fitted tank 2. black drapey tank 3. silk+cashmere cardigan(s) 4. sheer patterned tights 5. hosiery-weight black socks 6. black thigh-high boots 7. red shoes (bonus points if they're bejeweled) 8. leopard-print purse
did i miss anything major? what's on your list this season?
*update! i forgot to include: 9. khaki trench (thanks readers!)

29 comments:
great dress! Very Edith Piaf!
Love your baubles necklace, makes me think of the ones Dries Van Noten made last season :-)
Love the embroidered cuff on the dress - it totally makes it!
My list is fairly short: a cropped black (tux) jacket (found it yesterday!), a big clutch (found that, too!), OTK black boots, and draped tanks in black and grey.
I'm so proud the list is this short!
Oooooh, loves the dress and cuffs....
My list is pretty short too:
- Black rocker ankle boots (a la Louboutin Nitoinimoi bandage boots, but something in MY price range!)
- Black or silver sequin jacket, either thrifted or like one that Free People has right now.
Merci!
Shannan
Wow! That list is awesome! :)
amorphous wrappy sweater thingees in cashmere, long drapey sweater vests in peruvian prints, viscose tees, wool challis, and stacked high modernist silver jewelry.
Perfect outline for fall! I am looking forward to tights and thigh high boots! Designers have really offered an array of different styles this season!
I'm looking for layering basics too.
I also want to buy tights and a pair of black, heeled, ankle books. I'm in desperate need of a trench coat and a new bag as well.
xo
i like how we all have the same things on our list! i just bought my OTK black leather boots, but need the patterned (preferably flowery & lacy) hosiery, a big drapey hooded cape & instead of a leopard print purse, i want leopard print shoes :)
Love this? Yes please.
Trench (Burberry taste, Zara budget!), black leather bag, oversized with gold hardware (sounds easier than it is, have very specific look in mind!), closed toe ankle boots, studded- maybe, pencil heel- definitely!Jumper dress(stripey, colouredy!).
wooow, these photos are fit for an editorial!
Very cool! The necklace is like a piece of ART...
http://onechicchick.blogspot.com/
I'm in need of boots, cardigans, blazers, and accessories...with some room for various items used for layering and some more heels...
When it is winter, though, I'm going on a sweater spree...
These pics are amazing. You look great!
oh la la... leopard-print purse!
I love the dress you're wearing! Great details.
I got an amazing leopard print purse at Target if you are looking for something more affordable! You can check it out here: http://bit.ly/8OcJz
megan http://mallratcouture.blogspot.com
I love this look!
Love Grace.
ps. Thigh-high boots also on my fall list.
your bebe booties are on my list. don't look at me if they go missing.
I love your skirt, it's so pretty as is your bag :)
Well, that neck piece is just hot.
That necklace is incredible!!!!
http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com
I've been wanting thigh high boots since LAST fall, so those are definitely on my list. A simple black cashmere sweater is also on my list.
Oh, how I LOVE LOVE LOVE the DVN-inspired necklace!!! Ooh, I have too many holes in my wardrobe, as I keep gaining weight and overgrowing my clothes (boo hoo!) :( One thing I'm lacking regardless (and I keep searching every year): the perfect pair of black flat riding boots, and also a pair of Lanvin ballet flats...
Nice outfit, I really like this pictures !
Hugs,
Zielona-Karuzela
http://zielonakaruzela.blox.pl/html
Since OTK boots have been on my shopping-list since last august (but I never found them in my price-range) I'll be hunting for them. Also a pair of brown or taupe slouchy knee-high boots and black high-heeled ankle boots.
I definitely need patterned and lacy hosiery, a pair of skinny jeans, some sequin top and cashmere pullovers. I also want a good black leather jacket and probably a nice thrifted fur jacket.
This seems like a lot, but since I have no substantial autumn part in my cupboard, I'll have to get a few key pieces for the years to come. And I simply want those fashionable pieces too! ^^
I can't wait to wear some over the knee boots!
* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *
xoxoGlamourai
Post a Comment