today, the weather is perfect for my favorite take on transitional costumery: a summer dress paired with new fall boots!

i loved this vintage dress the moment i first saw it in the brook+lyn boutique, but the last time i wore it i couldn't shake the feeling that the shape could be more flattering. so, last night i hemmed it up about 7 inches (leaving it a little longer in the back for optimum bum-coverage).
i was so pleased with the result that i took the scalpel to a few other summer frocks as well! as the weather continues to cool, i think they're going to look great as minis, paired with opaque tights and my (fingers crossed!) future thigh-high boots...

for now at least, i've got the the perfect boot for bare-legs: the aida in grey suede from coach. you all know i'm a sucker for anything that comes with gold chains attached!

wearing: custom-made hat, coach sunnies, self-designed apparition necklace, vintage dress, belt + bag, la perla bustier, verameat knuckle ring, boot courtesy of coach


i loved this vintage dress the moment i first saw it in the brook+lyn boutique, but the last time i wore it i couldn't shake the feeling that the shape could be more flattering. so, last night i hemmed it up about 7 inches (leaving it a little longer in the back for optimum bum-coverage).
i was so pleased with the result that i took the scalpel to a few other summer frocks as well! as the weather continues to cool, i think they're going to look great as minis, paired with opaque tights and my (fingers crossed!) future thigh-high boots...

for now at least, i've got the the perfect boot for bare-legs: the aida in grey suede from coach. you all know i'm a sucker for anything that comes with gold chains attached!

wearing: custom-made hat, coach sunnies, self-designed apparition necklace, vintage dress, belt + bag, la perla bustier, verameat knuckle ring, boot courtesy of coach


38 comments:
i love the look of the floaty dress with the boots. those boots are amazing too! love this outfit
I love how these boots complement the dress - a fabulous outfit!
I adore what you have sdone with this dress. Gorgeous!
Fabulous!
such a great dress! and i agree about hemming it.
now i'm going to take another look at what i can trim in my wardrobe...
loving the print on the dress and the super high boots
you look gorgeous darling!
great look to play with
-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com
fabulous fabulous fabulous!!!
Wow! What a fabulous boho-chic outfit!
Love the outfit! I hope you do something AMAZING with the part you cut off...if not send it my way & I'll make you something ;o)
Dear me... the legs. Is it the camera angle or are the thighs just... nicely skinny?
I love this dress - i can't get over how lovely it is. Amazing purchase
hey love, when are you going to start selling hats?!
you can't go wrong with boots and dresses... one of my favorite looks.
xo- erin
THOSE BOOTS ARE TO DIE FOR!! I always love the intricacy of your ensembles!!
xx
Ava
http://www.aandhblog.wordpress.com
you look fabulous!
xoxo
Amazing boots! You look so italian!... Pretty!
what an amazing pattern on the dress,...its' perfect.
gorgeous dress - it fits you well!
Lovely boots
U're so pretty as always
xxx
beautiful dress, it really compliments the earthy tone boots! great outfit. :)
http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/
LOVE this look! you're gorgeous!
xo
http://ahautemess.blogspot.com
I love the boots! I've been debating between a gray pair or black- the gray is so pretty!
LOVE the boots, and such a cute dress too! :)
xx
Cool look. Just saw your blurb in the latest Lucky, tres cool!
Your outfit and boots are so wonderful! I love it especially those boots...
The outfit is very flattering on you!
sweet dress!!
you look great!! great job hemming the dress, i love it paired with boots!
This outfit is beyond LOVELY.
I am SO jealous.
If you ever get bored, please send it my way!
that dress is dreamy...
xo.
princesspolitico
those boots are fantastic
leblogdegleopatra.blogspot.com
I love this outfit. I wish I were able to wear something so light weight up here. I'm away from the city right now for school and it's ridiculously cold already. (50 degrees with crazy wind). =(
this dress is divine
excellent
Do you have the cuff of the boots turned up? Love a slightly higher but not over-the-knee boot!
@ dorge: yes, i'm wearing them with the cuff turned up. i think they're the perfect height this way!
xoxoGlamourai
Cool blog you got here. It would be great to read more concerning that topic.
By the way check the design I've made myself Russian escort
* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *
xoxoGlamourai
Post a Comment