in last week's Q+A, i mentioned that vogue italia is my very favorite magazine. to validate this conviction, i thought i'd share a few of their recent (extraordinarily breathtaking) covers:

(vogue italia / april 2007)

(vogue italia / october 2008)

(vogue italia / march 2007)

(vogue italia / april 2006)

(vogue italia / may 2005)

(vogue italia / august 2005)

(vogue italia / february 2003)
do you see what i mean?!? who cares about hollywood cover-starlets when you can get FASHION from page one?!?
(all images courtesy of this frighteningly addictive site)

29 comments:
These are absolutely incredible! Especially the last one, AMAZING!
xx
All fantastic. Like Brigadeiro, I love the last one most!
the feb 2003 is so beautiful, thanks for posting those!
xox
niki
ahautemess.blogspot.com
The august (and february) issues are the best, I wait for them every season because there is the Shopping Magazine attached, my favorite. It's always great!
wow, i haven't seen italian vogue anywhere in New Zealand, but i'm going to have to keep an eye out. those covers are delish!
Vogue italia is great but you should also try Zink Magazine, they have gorgeous covers and editorials that are simply breathtaking :)
shoeboxgal.blogspot.com
gorgeous!
have a lovely week, xoxo
The Sasha cover is perfection.
Vogue Italia is a wonderful thing!
Hey Vogue! Thanks Glamourai for sharing this. Italia's for keep!
my favorites are the ones of karen and sasha. oh how i wish i could afford vogue italia. it is hands down the best (though paris vogue is right up there with it imo). belissima!
Love that site! I've always thought the same about other countries covers as well. Just the photography alone is usually amazing.
They are INCREDIBLE! Where do you recommend buying them in NYC?
@ KD: there's a great little magazine shop just south of 14th St on 8th Ave, but for the life of me i can't think of its name... it's wonderful though ~ packed floor to ceiling with magazines from all over the world!
xoxoGlamourai
I WHOLEHEARTLY agree with you!
Italian Vogue ftw!
x
agreed!
this is the very reason i stopped buying American Vogue...i got bored to death by celebrities on the cover. Vogue: come on, it's a fashion mag--i want to see models on the cover!! if i wanted celebs, i'd buy People or some other vapid publication.
great post, pics! :)
Oh, I couldn't agree more! These covers far surpass American Vogue's covers!
I wish Anna Wintour would go for some real models and not actresses. Not that I don't love some of the ladies on the covers, but its far more fun to see editorial photos.
I've purchased Italian Vogue once for a project for my Intro to Apparel Design class and I fell in love with it! If it didn't cost about $10, I'd buy it every month!
Totally agree..I rarely buy American Vogue anymore because frankly I'm getting bored with seeing actresses. Vogue Italia has a much more artistic aesthetic.
http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com
absolutely gorgeous. i 100% agree. the first cover is my favourite. :)
wow, they are all so very gorgeous!
I love Vogue Italia. It's the best one, hands down. I buy it every other month because I cannot afford it monthly and the subscripton doesn't seem to be any cheaper. But yes, fashion, beautiful fashion from page 1.
I love Karen Elson! She's my favourite model, hands down.
the vogue archives are definitely digital heroin!
Steven Meisel shoots every cover since the 80s. It's insane considering the diverse nature of the covers. UK and US Vogue pale in comparison. UK has Kate Moss on the cover again this month, yawn.
Vogue Italia is amazingly great - it is always impeccable!
the last cover is so dramatic and beautiful! kudos
puts American Vogue to shame
I am in Australia and I want to get ahold of The October 2009 Vogue Italia Glitter Issue, any ideas??
Italian vogue rules !!! it's simple the mostawesome magazine on the world!
Post a Comment