i've been tagged by the style antagonist! usually i'm terrible at answering these chain questionnaires, but this time i was determined to follow through for a change. so here we go...!
1. what is your current obsession?
jewelry!!! making it, buying it, wearing it, thinking about it... i'm decidedly obsessed.

(speaking of jewels, there are new pieces now available on shrimpton couture + etsy!)
2. what is your horoscope & how do you relate to it?
i'm a virgo, which is reflected in how exacting i am. i avoid the word 'perfectionist', but admit there is a lot of order in my version of chaos. i think it shows in the way i dress ~ my style is kooky but in an unusually clean way. it's also evident in my designs ~ what is made to look haphazard is actually very precise.
3. what are you wearing today?
a printed blue satin t-shirt dress from target's go international line. originally, it was majorly muumuu style ~ awkwardly long length, huge stiff sleeves ~ but i saw in it some serious marni potential (i'm always assimilating styling suggestions from that collection). so i bought it (for around $20), chopped off the hem, and hand-pleated the sleeves. now it's a cheap + chic summer staple!

4. what was the last thing you bought?
5. what do you think about the person who tagged you?
with a name like 'style antagonist' i'd expect quite the attitude ~ but she's as sweet as they come!
6. what's for dinner?
it's too soon to tell, but if i had to place a bet i'd put my money on take-out from noodle studio in williamsburg. they have the best tofu green curry in town, and i eat it at least twice a week!
7. what's your favorite decade, fashion-wise?
i'm sort of partial to this mythical ideal decade ~ it would be a haute couture (ie: polyester-free) version of the 1970's, with a generous splash of the roaring 20's mixed in.

8. what are your must-haves for summer?
this time of year, i always carry a lovely folding fan in my purse. i also adore a pretty parasol ~ it's an extravagant yet practical accessory that you can only get away with from july through august!

9. what would you love to be able to afford?
a big, white, light-filled new york city loft, with a closet the size of my current quarters!!!
10. what is your favorite piece of clothing from your current wardrobe?
i've talked a lot on this blog about my favorite gold vintage jacket, which forever remains #1 in my world. i wish some designer would knock it off and send me one in every color! i guess i might just have to do it myself...

11. what is your dream job?
doing just what i'm doing ~ styling photos, designing jewelry, and writing this blog!
12. what's your favorite magazine?
italian vogue, followed closely by its french sister.
13. describe your personal style:
sort of 'palm beach eccentric' ~ like a madcap, blue-haired, bridge and brandy-loving granny (stuck in a 20-something shell). it's iris-apfel-aspirational:

(iris apfel: my style goddess supreme)
14. which Beatle is your favorite?
the egyptian scarab (winks cheekily).
15. what are you proud of?
using my own two hands to make the world a prettier place.
---
(next up: i tag my beautiful blogger friend, what i wore. jessica, you're it!!!) / (updated to add: my twitter friend the village idiot. you're it too!)

31 comments:
seriously...can you be any more fabulous? =)
I love how you can see potential in almost any piece of clothing. I wish I had the foresight. =D
very cool that you area virgo.
Have u seen the latest Italian Vogue?...the black Barbie supplement is fantastic! I bought 2 copies..one to cut up and frame,lol
I'm a Virgo as well :-)
yes for huge closets! one day I want a "dressing room." extravagance!!
Being a fellow lady who believes in "I want I make", I love your do-it-yourself attitude, and how fearless you are with taking the ordinary, and making it extraordinary. Your Target dress transforamation looks fabulous.
Dear Ms. Glamourai,
You inspire me to be happy, pursue my passions, and unleash my creativity every time I read your blog....you're extremely fab....
i love that you did this- its nice to get to know you a little bit better. Really love the diy on the target dress!
Hi Glamourai!
Wow! You're definitely a blogger with an identity qualified for fashion talks (thumbs up)! i am glad that i found your blog and when i discovered you, immediately i've added into my blog index. i especially love your creativities projected through your blog. Very professional and one of a kind i must say. Thanks for participating in this tag post & i hope someday you will make it as a renowned jewelry designer / fashion consultant and do not forget us here all. We will always be by your side! :D Have a great day ahead!
Yay, I am such a voyeur and love to find out more about you like this. :-)
Seriously!! Loved hearing about your passions and design strategy....
Here is the thing though. I just REALLY REALLY want you to make another version of your fav thrift store coat. Your jewelry is fantastic and I am fully supportive, but its the stuff you do with your clothes that I would pay good money to buy.
So whip out the sewing machine and make that jacket. I'd buy it at any price!!
Holla!
P.S. Remeber the perfectly smooshable hat I found at forever 21 it was GONE THE NEXT DAY!! Sigh...so annoying.
You are fabulous and really a great female inspirational figure. As a lady who also dreams of existing in a mythical style-world, I completely look up to you. That post a couple days ago about your dream dwellings was incredible. I'm happy for you that you seem to be reaching your goals and enjoying what you do! Yay!
xo
D
Love that necklace on the left! And the photo with the umbrellas! So gorgeous!
And "Haha!" to your Beatles answer! =P
What a delight to read these Q&A's!
You are wonderful! My word, are you wonderful..
I love how you styled your hair in that picture where you're wearing the leopard print dress. =) Gorgeous!
I'm a virgo as well. :-)
I loved reading these, and it's so nice to see someone answer the "dream job" question with what they are currently doing! great blog!
you pleated the sleeves of a target shift dress...and smoothed the horns of an afrikan necklace. very kooool.
i definitely see a thought process behind your haphazard styling. its what i can relate to and enjoy the most.
i really love what you did to that target dress! i'm always so excited before those collections come out, but then disappointed in person with the fabric or fit... next time i'll have to take a closer look and be more crafty-minded.
also, am droooling over your new necklaces. ~joelle
you're so cute. i'm a lurker but just wanted to tell you--OPI has a green color called greenwich village that i just found in my closet. it's pretty much the exact jade green you might want.
Loved your post today! I was inspired to post a few pics of my own style icons over at Bohemian Luxe...
I like your blog even more after reading this! Usually I find tags uninteresting, but you're just so adorable and funny that I can't help but enjoy reading this.
I LOVE what you did with that blue dress. I can definitely see the marni inspiration.
I love the fact you created a mythological decade and that you carry a parasol.
Can I just say thank you for your jewelry obsession? I think we all benefit from that!
~Tamia
Style Sample Magazine
i'm a virgo too and everything you said is dead on for me. and i love your beatle comment, hee hee!
http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/
great to get to know you better... you're a daily style inspiration.
Iris Apfel is incredible, I love her madcap style.
I know those chain surveys can seem tiresome, but you seem to truly lead a passionate and well-loved life that clearly your readers want to know more about. I look forward to your posts each time!
Post a Comment