one of my favorite accessories is bold-toned nail polish. it's the unsung hero of many outfits ~ the extra touch that can tie two prints together, punk up a fairly square look, or simply bestow a fresh sheen to any old ensemble!
for the last year, i've flaunted a fervor for blue hues on my hands and toes ~ from navy to cobalt to aquamarine.

however, since i first glimpsed photos from the chanel fall 2009 runway (above), i've been itching to 'go green' and get their revolutionary jade lacquer onto my hands. rumor has it this coveted color will be released in a limited edition sometime in october, but should any of you know a knock-off already on the market, please do share!

in further nail news ~ and here i am reporting, not endorsing ~ i recently noticed an odd product being promoted by drugstore staple sally hansen: nail pens!!! woah. if these had been around when i was in school, i probably would have wasted a lot of time decorating my tips while pretending to take notes!

and finally, if you prefer your metacarpal decor to be a little more mature, hop over to the glamporium, where i've just listed some beautiful, affordable, one-of-a-kind, hand-beaded cocktail rings:
enjoy! xoxoglamourai



40 comments:
ooh, i love the black with silver tips! :P
Hey I was also on the search for the perfect minty green ever since I saw MAC's 'Peppermint Patty', but that is now impossible to find because it was limited edition. I think it is similar to the Chanel jade color and a PERFECT dupe for the MAC color is OPI's 'Hey get in lime!". It's on ebay for really cheap but I haven't got around to buying it yet. China Glaze also had a color that was similar called 'Groovy Green'. I hope that helps!
Great color! FYI- the pens are just ok....you need a really steady hand and a top coat- the pens wash off w/water!
Oh my likey. I'm loving navy at the moment...but it's winter here so maybe some aquamarine really is in order!
I love that you keep designing beautiful things for people, like me, on a budget! Plus, I adore looking at everything on Shrimpton Couture. It's a win-win!
i'm also dying of anticipation for the chanel polish. i've seen greens over the years but definitely nothing as lovely.
happy you are designing rings now! i sometimes wish i didn't have such tiny fingers though. c'est la vie.
I know you can get that Jade colour at a store called, somewhat creatively, 'The Make-Up Store' but I'm not sure if you have that where you live.
I know this because I've been lusting after it for months, I'm so sick of painting my nails dark red or pale pink...I want this jade green, or sky blue...
Metacarpal decor! Love.
lol jsut the other day i was looknig for a color that looks the same. if i find it i will let you know
I'm still looking for a minty/green color as well. This color is perfect. Don't want to wait though.
I really love the rings, btw! You're talented at everything you do, aren't you?
i am in love with that chanel shade, I can't wait to get my hands on a bottle.
OPI has the same mint green color.. got in on my toes a couple weeks ago! Good luck!
that mint nail polish reminds me of one that mac had not too long ago.
http://thedollhouse0101.blogspot.com/
I'm looking for that nail polish as well! They have similar shades on Asos.com but unfortunately they doesn't ship them outside UK... You may try to find this brands elsewhere though.
My favorite are Barry M in Mint Green AND Spring green:
http://www.asos.com/Barry-M/Barry-M-Nail-Polish/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=339558&cid=5607&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Purple-+NEW
and Ciaté in Apple&Custard (adorable name and package for this one!):
http://www.asos.com/Ciat/Ciat-Paint-Pots-Ss09-Candy-Couture-Collection/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=607471&cid=5607&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Fruity+Pops
Scroll down the color list to select the shades.
Hope this helps!
there was a time I was obsessed w/ chanel nail polish in Marilyn
now I use the cheapie brands because I never have the time to do my nails properly...
I've written this on my blog. I was also totally in love with the colour, but I found a great knock-off from Barry M. It's called "Spring Green" - and you can read more (and see pictures) here:
http://jeanettd.blogspot.com/2009/06/nail-polish-chanel-vs-barry-m.html
- and it also say where you can get it on my blog. I've found somewhere else than on asos :)
Omg I love love love the jade!! Thanks for posting this I need this color for my boring nails!
http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com
Great post & lovely beaded rings. I own a very very similar shade polish from Barry M 'Mint Green', as stated above, that was a bargainous £3! x
I'm very much into that mint green colour. I have a nail polish colour just like it that I've been wearing nonstop!
The old Essie colour of Key Lime Pie is quite similar. It's looks a bit shinier, though.
Essie sell retired colours through their website http://www.essieshop.com/index.php?cPath=21_51.
It looks like they still have the Key Lime Pie shade.
I just googled it to compare it to the Jade.
Edit: on nailgal.com Brucci Jaded looks more similar to the Chanel Jade thank the Essie Key Lime Pie as the Essie one is pearl.
brings me back to the days of hard candy, with the rings on the bottle
love that tint of green
*bisous*
OPI just came out with a matte nail polish series! they have a beautiful navy, and some other interesting colors. i love the matte finish. check it out!
that jade is delish! can't wait
oh i hadn't heard of the nail-pens before either, brilliant idea! i'm such a fan of bold nail polish too!
I also thought those nail pens were the bomb- but who's gonna do my right hand?
The rings are fabulous, love the jet black the most!
I want it all! I want it all! I want it all! And I want it now!
thanks for the recommendations everyone! i'll try them all & post the best of the lot!!!!
also, i'm so pleased you like the rings ~ i've got more in work already!
xoxoglamourai
Also you could try Ciate paint pots - apple and custard
Get in Lime from OPI
Thanks for the manicure! I used the lifebooker thing today! totally pampered myself today!
The rings are great, I may have to spring for one. Thank you for making them adjustable, my ring finger is a size 5, so a little hard to find rings that fit sometimes.
http://koknockout.com/products/
Not exactly Jade, but I think this is a product you may be interested in!
Gargantuan Green Grape by OPI
I have yet to try nail-polish pens. I wish they had eco-versions, but I have yet to see any.
the colour of the chanel nail polish is so pretty!
urban outfitters has a shade very close to that right now.
loveee the nail polishes! this ring will match the blue and white nails really nicely!
Oh ye of DIY fame...why not mix to create your knockoff shade. I used to mix colors to make my own in middle school all the time.
check out Ciate Apple & Custard according to the reviews its better an easier to apply then the Chanel Jade and cost only £9
http://filthygorgeousmakeup.blogspot.com/2009/09/chanel-jade-and-ciate-apple-and-custard.html
Post a Comment