6.01.2009

pier 1 { sunny summer sunday }


i just added these three new-toned glamourglasses to the etsy shop:
update: all three have sold out! oopsydoops.




i planned to offer 4 pairs, but my glamourman quickly claimed this set for himself:



this sunday he and his sunnies - and i and my three - lost ourselves in a sleepy fishing village upstate on the hudson.


custom sunnies, self-designed earrings, vintage kimono, go international blouse, h+m silky sweatpants, vintage bag, elizabeth + james shoes


we spent the afternoon reading (me: roald dahl's 'kiss kiss' / he: malcolm gladwell's 'outliers' - i highly recommend both books), wandering aimlessly, feeding ducks, and eating lobster. i painted my nails aquamarine (essie's 'greenport' to be exact).
it was a sublimely simple sunday in the sun.

27 comments:

Brigadeiro said...

LOVE your vintage kimono! Gorgeous sunnies too! :)
xx

Miann - Fashion Falsehood said...

The kimono is so fabulous!

Damsels said...

a great vintage kimono and the glasses are great and quirky . love it
We Were Damsels

Daphne said...

That sounds like a dreamy sunday! You look amazing as always, I am particularly in love with the shoes.
xox
D

The Zsa Zsa Zsu said...

The glasses look very cool on the 'glamourman'!

diane said...

i love the pink and the blue one ! there are my favorite models of sunglasses. x

Revolution Malibu said...

Stellar sunnies collection!

Ashley said...

Very eclectic outfit! Beautiful kimono.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Viviana said...

I LOVE the shoes where are they from, if you don't mind me asking.

Stylish Thought said...

Love the shoes and kimono! You always look amazing, even on a quaint Sunday. keep up the great blogging.

heathen said...

I've always thought sunglasses to be very unisex. Females often get a better selection, and if a guy has the confidence, why not work a kickass pair?

Justine-R said...

The glasses are really amazing, I looove the first, but they are sol out :(
Lovely earrings ;)

Justine

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ viviana: the shoes are from shopbop:

http://www.shopbop.com/olisa-open-toe-ankle-strap/vp/v=1/845524441845669.htm?folderID=2534374302152291&extid=affprg-2299623

xoxoglam

Unknown said...

i'd totally just keep all those sunnies for myself. i like the shoes and the way the lilac of the kimono goes with the blue top.

Stephanie Clayton said...

i love the pics taken on the dock...so breezy and summery. and that kimono...gorgeous!
nice sunglasses...wish i could wear that shape. but they look smashing on you & your glamourman!

Kyla said...

You look awesome and that bag is divine!

Unknown said...

GLAMOURMAN!

Ava said...

FABULOUS ensemble + I'm totally loving that nail polish color!!

xx
Ava
http://www.aandhblog.wordpress.com

xAZD said...

ooh they look great on men as well! that nail color is so cute XD
http://xazddesign.com

What is Reality Anyway? said...

adore you!!

Tamia said...

Ah, sounds so wonderful and relaxing.

I've been eyeing those shoes on Shopbop--are they (fairly) comfortable?

yves said...

waht your man is wearing is truly covetable!! I actually had a pair same as those but it got lost at the beach last summer. Sigh ;)

You've got the best eclectic-chic sensibility so far! linking you ;)

yvestyle.blogspot.com

AlixRose said...

It sounds/looks like you had a wonderful Sunday, the best thing is that you looked fabulous as well.

H. Camerio said...

glamourai, have you seen "pillow talk" with doris day? if not, you should check it out :)

modediktat said...

Hi Glamourai!
Just visited your fabulous and stunning blog several times before - and it's already on my fav blog roll.
Just wanted to say Hello and how much I adore your blog at all!
I've send you and award and would be happy if you'll accept it.
You'll find the details on my blog.
Hugs&kisses
an admirer :)

Nia said...

I've been thinking of doing a post on my vintage kimonos and this just confirms that I definitely have to do it! Huge fan of your blog- I've tagged you on mine but for some reason I think you may have answers most of the questions...

Unknown said...

so fabulous.