5.13.2009

{ costume of the day } glamourmayan

watching all those old dynasty videos inspired me to dust off my best "krystle dress," from the norma kamali vintage archive. though i'm definitely not on board for all things 80s, i do love the way a pair of shoulder pads can completely transform your body. everything else looks so small in comparison!



this 'tinsel totem' necklace (along with this one) just got shipped off to shrimpton couture ~ one of my favorite online vintage shops. i was sad to see it go! wearing it (especially in combination with these granny glasses) made me feel a bit like ms. frizzle, riding her magic school bus toward a lunchtime tour of ancient mesopotamia.

i hope it finds a good home, and many great adventures!

vintage dress & sunnies, self-designed necklace

20 comments:

Centine and Kaylene from Fashion Dialogue said...

I love it! And I love your new hair cut too.

I really must watch some Dynasty, it's been on my to do list for years now. You've reminded me to make it a priority.

-Kaylene

Brigadeiro said...

Love the dress, sunnies & necklace! I'm sure the necklace will go to a new & loving home. Gorgeous! ;)
xx

Eyeliah said...

Dynastry indeed, to Surfthechannel to watch!

What is Reality Anyway? said...

ok, i am officially in love with your haircut, and your style. i looked over your whole blog, its so fantastic, and i read the part where you said you turned 25, cut off your hair, and started this blog, it made me curious to see your old hair. i always want to chop mine, and then get scared. x

Unknown said...

Cannot wait to offer my clients (both old and new your fabulous pieces!!)
xoxoxo

Daphne said...

beautiful. I love this dress and your hair suits you so nicely. I am not sure that I could pull it off. Mostly because my ears stick out, making me look like a bit of a doofus (sh! Don't tell anyone!) but you have a gorgeous delicate face that supports it so so so well.
LOVE that dress.
D

Katy said...

You wear shoulder pads so well.

Simply Me said...

that dress looks beautiful on you and i really love your new hair. stunning

Unknown said...

your jewelry is soooo stunning. soooooo freaking stunning. and stunning.


also, love that nail polish.

kaitlyn said...

your hair is SO COOL

Cruz said...

That dress is amazing! Love your jewelry too.

The Voguette said...

fantastic necklace!! i love the blue nails too! =D

xox.
The Voguette

July Stars said...

I'm pretty sure I've just seen a picture of you on the Imagist: am I right or wrong?

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ july stars: totally me! haha. thanks for the heads-up ~ i hadn't seen it!

xoglam

FutureLint said...

Love the necklace and the color of your nail polish! The kids at my work call me Ms. Frizzle because of my curly red hair!

J. Rene' said...

You look great! I totally agree with your comment on the 80s fashion-some dos, but a lot of don'ts! Loving shoulder pads-never thought I would say that again!

Liz said...

Perfection as always.

Christiana said...

ur sunnies are PERFECT!

Cassiopeia said...

STUNNING dress, and love that necklace :-D

xxxc

Aline said...

you look fabulous...that necklace is beautiful:)