5.14.2009

when hairy met lennie

over the life of this site, my head has seen many hairstyles ~ and i owe all of them to one man: the mega-talented, über-genius, brilliant scissorhand, lennie vega, of xac anthony salon in new york city. i love experimenting with my hair, but in the past it's always come with a tinge of fear. until i met lennie.

it was like falling in love in the movies. since our first appointment, i knew i had found my somebody special. i knew i could trust him. i knew he would make me feel beautiful. i knew that when i was feeling down, he could perk me up. when i was out of ideas, he'd have enough for the both of us. i knew i would never be bored. (total disclosure: it hasn't hurt that he's really, really good looking)



today, i am so excited for all my new york area readers and nyc visitors, because for the entire summer, all you have to do is tell lennie that you're a glamourai fan to get $25 off your first visit!!!

if you're nearby, or planning a trip to the city, i implore you to take some time for yourself, and visit my 'mane man.'

call the salon to book your appointment,
and don't forget to tell them who sent you!

xoxoglamourai

update 08.10.09: the offer still stands, but my darling LV has a new salon home! please contact Senses Salon + Spa (138 5th ave / between 18th + 19th St / 2nd floor / 212.242.7979). more info here.

23 comments:

Lori said...

omg i really really want to cut my hair and i'm going to new york next month! you are amazing for doing this!!! i've always love all of your hairstyles

Anonymous said...

how much do the cuts usually run?

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ anon: they are usually $110, with $25 off it is $85!

that's a serious deal in this town!!!

xoxoGlam

Daphne said...

Although my most exciting days of hair experimentation are behind me (for the moment) you tempt me to cheat on my stylist. Who was been cutting my hair since I was 15, I might add.
This is so nice of you.
xo
D

Rosa said...

amazing!
echange links?
<3

Ilonac said...

Can I just say, he may be a talented hairstylist but when it comes to doing you 'tis easy polish a diamond ;0) his job is not that difficult.

Ilonac

Ellie said...

He does a great job on your hair!

Brigadeiro said...

Oh, how I wish I lived in NYC! :)
xx

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ Ilonac: you make me blush!!! nicest comment ever, thank you.

xoglam

What is Reality Anyway? said...

haha, i just emailed you back--this post is perfect. when i'm back to ny, i have a new salon to try. the last one...what was it called (out of business now)...i think it was robert kree in the west village. anyhow, i went in for highlights when i was filming that show, and the guy ended up trying to be super artistic and bleached the hell out of it, and made me look like every other blondie lame-o.

thanks for the tips!! xo

What is Reality Anyway? said...

and yes, 85$ is like, free in Manhattan!

Eyeliah said...

It is so important to feel comfortable with your hairdresser. I love mine too!

e.s. said...

hey glamourai,

the cut and style you featured in the bottom left photo, could you post the link to your posts with these pictures? I'm looking for a style like that to show my stylist and unfortunately I'm all the way on the West Coast and won't be able to make it to your mane guy..

thanks!
e.s.

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ e.s: that was from december:

http://theglamourai.blogspot.com/2008_12_01_archive.html

good luck with your cut!

xoglam

Emily said...

YESSS-- i'll be in the city for the summer, and i want to cut my hair SO BAD. and the heat will probably make me want to do so as soon as i get there. thanks for setting this up!

Shontelle said...

your hair looks great! it reminds me of mary stuart masterson in one of my fave 80s films "some kind of wonderful"...here's a pic: http://www.hboasia.com/hbo/movie/2866

Aline said...

If I get to NYC, I will be sure to call him up!

Emilie said...

I think that you and I are psychic hair twins....

Anonymous said...

Hi - Sorry to bother you with this, but I am a long time client of Lenny Vega myself, and I just heard that he has left the Xac Anthony Salon! Is there any chance you can tell me what salon he's at now? I can't lose this guy! Help!

Thank you! --- Cheryl in NYC

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ Cheryl: Tune in close for tomorrow's post!!! ;)

xoxoGlamourai

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Saw it! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THAAAAAAAAAAANNKKK YOU! xoxoxo

Chery in NYC

Sildenafil Blog said...

What a beautiful women style, I've tried that my girlfriend get this style but she's a little bit unfashionable.

kamagra said...

It's a beautiful style. I think you're doing an important effort specially with this models and fabrics. I am a fashion designer and I guess you've got enough talent in this activities, so I will learn a lot of things from this blog.