3.12.2009

little costume made of ticky-tacky

life has been quite busy lately, but somewhere in the midst of the deluge i managed a moment to finish my colossal carnival collar, and this sunshiny day provided the perfect pass to take her out for a celebratory spin around the city!



i jotted on a mite more frippery since she last appeared ~ frankly i could go on adding indefinitely, but there are already two others in work, so i ought to save some doodads for different designs.



i'll put up a tutorial once i've got a tad more time on hand!


unkown sequin-beaded cashmere sweater, f21 palazzo pants, tse belt, antonio melani bag, joie leather bomber, vintage guy laroche sunnies

37 comments:

JJ said...

lovin the palazzos..... werq honey!

Ashley Needham said...

that sweater is insane, i love it!

your blog is so cool.
wanna exchange links?

Brigadeiro said...

Love the palazzo's! And the neckpiece turned out beautifully!!! Is that a new header? Love it! :)
xx

Cassiopeia said...

GORGEOUS! Amazing pants too btw ;-D

Xxxc

http://clothestohealabrokenheart.blogspot.com/

Eyeliah said...

that is gorgeous! great work. Is that a weeds intro reference? maybe im crazy.

myslumberingheart said...

I LOVE IT! That is so something I would sport. If you decided to sell them let me know. A tutorial would be fabulous.

Happyretro said...

That neck piece looks fabulous against the sparkly black top. And those pants are just to die for. Pulled together they just scream glamour. I would love a tutorial - you've definitely inspired me.

ilikestuff said...

Swoon. I want that neckpiece. I can't wait for the tutorial, but keep in mind that some of us may be DIY challenged, and an etsy store with your creations would sell quite well I predict...

judy aldridge said...

Really Great!!! I would love to see a tutorial too! You're so creative, and immensely talented. Love to visit you blog...judy

Ellie said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with how your neckpiece turned out. It looks incredible.

Jessie77 said...

that's brilliant! I just discovered your blog and I love it!
-jessie

i'm B. said...

haha, everyone's commenting on the pants & i must too! they're a.may.zing. so glad to know they're affordable!
but, the real star of the show is that crazy-amazing bib. love it.

What we four say said...

It looks great! I need to back to finishing mine now!

Anonymous said...

super! Super! SUPER!

Islandia Lane said...

absolutely love it!

Allison said...

I love the collar, it turned out really well

Luka said...

I love the collar and I'm really looking forward the tutorial! ;)

FutureLint said...

Looks great and I LOVE your word "frippery"!

Anonymous said...

Bomber jackets, vintage sunglasses and amazing beaded neck candy/
...really who needs anything else?
H
xo

Revolution Malibu said...

the whole look is amazing! The bib came out fabulous!

LIZ-piration said...

simply amazing and very original!

The Spicers said...

The neckpiece is so so gorgeous!
And the palazzo pants look great too. Love the whole ensemble really.

Jane said...

oh wow. the neck piece is truly fabulous!

Click here to visit me at Vintage Tea!

x

Anonymous said...

brilliant ;D

Katy said...

You are so chic it hurts - I think I've said that before on this blog but it is so true!

Femstar2000 said...

The palazzo trousers are amazing, they remind me of like massive Greek columns outside I massive building. I want a pair.

FASHION CHALET said...

I'm freaking obsessed with WEEDS haha great title! and pants :]

xx

Phone with a Cord said...

ah now I see...

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit. Cute photos.

Isabel said...

That must be THE COOLEST necklace of all time. I am in love.

Linda said...

Wow, I like this outfit!

Rebecca Jane said...

that is some serious necklace fabulousness

Yuri said...

Love this outfit, you look great. Especially the top, love it !


http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love this look your play with color and texture is to die for!

www.camillesaid.com

Unknown said...

lol ..I've made a similar one as well! yours is fab!

chloe said...

oh wow, you've inspired me to use all my little bits of broken jewellery that i can never bring myself to throw out!
i love the blog, just spent a happy evening reading your archives and i've added you to my blog list!
kisses!

Anonymous said...

Please post a tutorial on how you made this--I have tons of old brooches and buttons and bits of jewelry and just got more from my grandmother's estate, so I want to do something like this so they don't go to waste!