

tickled by the plethora of charming "homemade" details on the louis vuitton fall 09 runway, notably the wrecked taffeta bunny ears and mock paper-chain collars, reminiscent of a kindergarten christmas tree, i'm calculating my next diy initiative.
i'm thinking of taking any old cotton or cashmere t-shirt to my tailor to have button holes inserted sporadically across the collar seam, so i can loop vintage scarves or ribbon reams through them like so:

the effect looks so adorably french, seems both frivolous and functional, and it will be fun to change the insert with every wear!

15 comments:
this is an amazing idea. any new way to wear scarves is always appreciated.
Amazing- stunning-good!!!!! I smell a DIY coming on!!!
That bow is amazing! Now you've got me going through my closet thinking of which shirt that would work best with.
Well, given that you're my favorite DIYer in the whole wide blogosphere, I can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Brilliant idea! I've been meaning to DIY a black cashmere knit of mine, this'll be perfect! :)
xx
I enjoy your blog. I don't remember for the life of my how I stumbled upon it.
For the holes in the shirt, what about grommets.
Me want! You are so inspiring. :-D
@ becky w: LOVE the idea of grommets!
xoglam
Enchanting!
L.
http://lightstealerwear.blogspot.com/
The Louis Vuitton bunny ears are so cute!! :]
xx
I love this idea! In fact, I was so inspired that I tried it out myself yesterday on an old dress: http://whimsykid.wordpress.com/2009/03/18/holes-and-scarves/
Thanks so much for the DIY tip!
I agree completely, the bows are simply fabulous and I love the colors used!
don't know about those bunny ears, but the ribbon around the collar of that shirt is amazing1 love the look.
i love how they look real wacked together, i mean u could probably copy these designs yourself nice idea =)
Only stumbled across your blog recently and I'm loving your ideas!
This one is so perfect.
Post a Comment