3.19.2009

costume of the day

there is a wonderful reward to enduring a bleak, black new york winter: the exuberant, exultant bliss of spring dressing! after drowning in cumbersome coats, covering fingers in fuddy gloves instead of glittering rings, and generally never seeing sunlight, it's gorgeous to gorge on color and pattern and spring ~ glorious spring!


(above: time style+design)

yes, it's still cold, but there's a meager more light every day, bolstering morale and coaxing more charisma out of the closet. i managed without a swatch of black yesterday, and man! it felt good.


reworked vintage jacket + embroidered blouse, f21 palazzos (i can't get enough of these ~ they make me feel like talitha getty!), scoop beaded belt, melie bianco bag, vintage emanuelle khan sunnies, vintage jewelry


32 comments:

Brigadeiro said...

LOVE it all! Especially your palazzo pants! :)
xx

Unknown said...

Awesome outfit!!

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

how you manage to make f21 pants look like a million bucks is beyond me, but i give this costume an A+!

Cari said...

I don't think I could pull of all of the patterns but I love the blouse! http://isnotfashion.blogspot.com

esther said...

i looove every little thing about this! and i love your hair.

ilikestuff said...

your ability to mix prints is, shall we say, awe inspiring. Clearly, I am inspired.

Dot said...

So lovely I especially like the printed tee xxx

Milly said...

love the mixing of patterns

Thevisionarybutterfly said...

The textures in the first pic amazing. would love to have all that in the closet. btw you're oh so chic!

Dr. Debonaire said...

omg you look so sexual i can't even take it

Aline said...

everything about this is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

you are rocking those pants! i love love them and that gorgeous jacket

Yuka said...

colors!! so refreshing!!

Eyeliah said...

great proportions, you are the perfect example of mixing styles, decades and mostly quality of items. Love the blouse, so unusual.

Katy said...

I love the outfit and the picture at the beginning of this post, but I am completely besotted with your accessories.

SAMANTHA said...

i absolutely love this! those pants look FANTASTIC on you!

Tamia said...

Love the belt! You just reminded me of something similar I should pull out of my closet...

The F21 pants are fierccce...

Sylvia said...

The first outfit is just glorious! The model's face is flawless and I just want to float around in her clothes.

Anonymous said...

you have fantastic style girl! love it!

Pixienish said...

Amazemazing. I esp. love your beaded belt! And all the accessories :)

Anonymous said...

i love how you mix and match patterns!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for mix matching patterns. I first need to get some things with patterns but it is a great way to celebrate spring.

Unknown said...

brilliant!

Cassiopeia said...

Oh how I love the Junya Watanabe stuff this season... Drool.

You look gorgeous. Loving the palazzos as ever and the top and belt are cute!

Xxxc

http://clothestohealabrokenheart.blogspot.com/

Christina said...

LOVE the belt.

irena said...

love all the accessories! i love the mix of th beaded belt w/ th gold jewelry. love the plaid jakcet too... and pants too! well, everything!

Rebecca Jane said...

loving the trousers, the accessories, the top - the whole outfit basically.

lambandlynx said...

this photograph is the reason all my local F21-employed teens are mad at me right now... inspired by it, I marched into the store 1/2 hour before closing, and proceeded to tear up their racks for, um... an hour looking for these pants. no dice for me, but you wear them beautifully.

http://lambandlynx.blogspot.com

Jane said...

Love this outfit

Click here to visit me at Vintage Tea!

x

Anonymous said...

I love the mix of patterns and the rings are to die for.

melanie said...

you have a great eye, girl. and the heel is what really makes those F21 pants swagger. well done.

The Sydney Girl said...

i absolutely LOVE ur outfit and ur hair!!! x