11.17.2011

{ diana } in puerto rico

lately i've been experimenting with taking real-deal film photos on my diana mini camera. it's like the original instagram ~ it makes for surprising, nostalgic color combinations in an old-fashioned, square format. and it's so much fun waiting for the film to develop, while anticipating the surprises inside! a delightful indulgence in today's digital age. here are a few favorite frames i just picked up, from last month's trip to puerto rico:






45 comments:

Devi said...

Beautiful pics! I love it! :)

xx Devi
http://www.10K10Q.com

The Fancy Teacup said...

That camera produces really retro chic and magical captures. x

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Very haunting...a little spooky if I didn't know it came from your lens! That last shot looks like it was surely from the 70's! Very haute!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

www.HauteKhuuture.com

SAMANTHA said...

that's so awesome I <3 instagram!!


www.dragonnfruit.com

Miss Molly said...

amazing images ♥

http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/

foodie said...

These film photos are unique like that, effects like this are impossible to achieve with normal camera. Love it xx

Bridg said...

the pics look great - very retro! :) i love the idea of film too, funny how in just a few short years it's suddenly become a novelty rather than the norm!

B xx
www.phoandchips.com

Unknown said...

these are gorgeous, absolutely amazing

http://www.vasilievablog.com/
x

FairyFiligree said...

old cameras... hmmm. You should do a vintage dress-up series once in a while. I'm sure you have loads of period items which you can style up superbly and shoot in period style. I can just imagine you with a flouncy wide-brimmed hat, a maxi gown and bare feet... some revival of the 70s....

Giada said...

Nice pics!

Kisses,
Giada

http://giadascarnival.blogspot.com

letiziabarcelona said...

gorgeous photos, truly inspiring, as usual I must say!

✘Letizia❤


http://www.letiziabarcelona.com

Val - A Cleaner Closet said...

Beautiful. There's something so ethereal about these images. I'm a sucker for nostalgic effects!

acleanercloset.blogspot.com

Raspberry & Rouge said...

GORGEOUS! XO Rebecca
http://raspberry-rouge.com

Rebecca @ white-styled said...

Dreamy :) Loved the expectation while you waited for a polaroid to develop.

Clara_ said...

Great pics! I love the atmosphere!

Diana said...

ohhhh ive been there as well! have pics from those places...love it love it!! such pretty photos!...

Tanja v. S. said...

Beautiful pictures and great outfit... thanks for sharing!

Tanja - PureGlam.tv

Ophelia said...

So classic!

http://cestlavieophelia.blogspot.com/

Lisa Griffin said...

Wow these photos look like they are decades old, very cool!
www.indramaticfashion.com

Habiba. J said...

these look so 70's chic and love how amazingly vintage they look. I would love it if you checked out my blog, I have interesting fashion posts you might love to read.

www.thegirlinredheels.com

Anna-bird said...

I love my Diana camera! thanks for reminding me to use it more :)

http://anna-gemutlichkeit.blogspot.com/

Violet Tinder said...

very cool... i like how the slight bluriness melts the edges of the colors together, almost dream-like

Violet Tinder

New York Diaries said...

Wow I love these pictures! In a moment of honesty, I've never heard of the Diana camera before....but after looking on ModCloth's site, this may have just been added to my Christmas wish list!

Haute Eyes said...

Love these photos! Puerto Rico is beautiful!

xo
Caitlin
http://hauteeyes.com

Anonymous said...

these pictures are really cool! (:

http://svenjataviundco.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the texture created by movement in these stills.

Caitlin
www.my-grandmothers-gucci.blogspot.com

Joy said...

This is fab. I want to go to Puerto Rico so badly!

Alison said...

these are so lovely! love the vintage feel and the gorgeous colors

<3 Alison
alisonscampusfashion.blogspot.com

The life after said...

Interesting and blurry!

The Life After

Coco said...

love it! i have been experimenting with my own diana and i love it.

Chic In Vancity said...

Great pictures! Looks so beautiful!
Bella xo
http://www.chicinvancity.com/

Anonymous said...

These cameras are great! But they should only cost around $50 from any camera store. Paying $119 from Modcloth is a complete rip off :(

isaobeso said...

I definitely love that they are blurry!! SO gorgeous and kind of mysterious...

visit my blog PEOPLE WEAR FASHION

Red to Yellow said...

cool pics!!

Molliee said...

very cool:)

jenn~the stylish housewife said...

i got the diana + camera for xmas last year and have yet to develop any of the film. i hope they turn out...i was a mess trying to put in film!!! =) love your pics!

xoxo, jenn
the stylish housewife

Yuka said...

beautiful photos <3

http://dontthinkjustfeel-yuka.blogspot.com/

Lexa said...

I have the EXACT same picture of the tower (5th picture shown)! I was in San Juan two years ago in August and visited the forts, and not kidding, I have the same picture, same angle and everything! Hahaha too funny. Pics look great! Don't you just LOVE the colors in San Juan. All the buildings are painted bright colours and even the cobblestone street are somewhat blueish. You really captured the essence of the city in these shots-well done!

Am_P said...

Isn't my island the MOST beautiful? L O V E it*

Labella Luxe said...

I love the beach scenes!

Libbie said...

Love these pics! I adore my diana and holga cameras. Nothing beats real film.

Libbie

Sorcha said...

These pictures are beautiful! I love the different effects these little toy cameras create, and the suspense of waiting for film to be developed.

One day I'll definitely invest in a couple myself. :)

Sorcha x
Bonfire Brunette

lafashionelle said...

love the red pants in the last pic!

Gaby said...

You can buy the cameras and film directly from Lomography... http://shop.lomography.com/cameras

dentist west hollywood said...

That's a neat camera! I've never heard of a "diana" though, just normal cameras. Lol. But I miss the days of film- it's nice to be able to easily view and edit pics, but film is so...romantic.