5.31.2011

{ weekend warrior }




{ vintage sunnies from brimfield market, banana republic heritage vest (i found ONE for you on ebay), thrifted blouse from beacon's closet, jf & son shorts (read about the brand HERE), rebecca minkoff MAC, badgley mischka shoes }

i spent all of the long holiday weekend doing two things: helping my sister get settled in to her new home in new york, and wearing these sublime silk shorts. i stumbled across them in a shop window on friday, wore them out of the store, and haven't taken them off since (okay, except to shower and go to the gym). they're laidback, loose and lightweight (everything i want when it's hot outside), with just enough detailing that i don't feel as if i'm running around town in nothing but tap pants. dear jf & son, do they come in other colors?!

83 comments:

Elisabeth Murray - Everything's Better with Frosting said...

I love how the ruffles on your blouse play into the pattern of those shorts. You are so damn pretty, it's not even funny.

alannah. said...

what is the secret to your glossy glossy hair? & i love those sandals.. youre one of my favourite bloggers because instead of choosing chunky boyish boots to go with every outfit (especially girlie ones) you flaunt your femininity & perfect pedicure in gorgeous heels!x




thatsweetaurorablogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This look is perfect! It's laid BACK but still stands OUT!

@ Elisabeth Murray your so right about the play off of the ruffles and the zig zag of the shorts, it has a natural flow that is effortless.

Kelly you make this look easy!

Love it!

jemappelleshen.wordpress.com

candleashes said...

wow. first i went: "shoes!" and then i saw the "shirt!"..."with the shoes!"...and then the shorts. i like how this is strung together, made me smile

Brigita said...

Those glasses and shorts are just so cool. Love the army green, nude and stripes combination.

Brand new blog
http://lostinpattern.blogspot.com

Raspberry Jam said...

Great outfit!

love it!

http://sweetraspberryjam.blogspot.com/

xoxo

ediot said...

you look so great girl. i really like this look
x

adria said...

Beautifully simple and chic <3

www.slopesinheels.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

you are too cute! love your style!

Miss Molly said...

Those shorts were a great buy! You look amazing!!

http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

loving this parka vest, awesome look

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

Lily said...

Gorgeous ! Really love the shorts.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Caity Jayne said...

love this outfit xx

caityj-says.blogspot.com

Grace said...

I adore this outfit!
(and your camera - your pictures are such stunning quality!)

xo Grace
http://dream-boating.blogspot.com/

Alicia said...

Those shorts are great, wouldn't take them off either! Gorgeous styling!

xoxo

http://mundodealicia.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-casual-outfit.html

jj said...

love this outfit! you look like an urban warrior princess!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Love this fun summertime layered look...We're totally going through fickle pickle weather here in SoCal so something like this would work perfectly for hot and cool days!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

ahoymichelle said...

I absolutely LOVE this outfit! I am tempted to get that BR top now!

Stephanie said...

Ok, I'm not usually a shorts gal, but I WANT those shorts!!! Nice find!

Luca said...

This outfit is really amazing!
X

Start dreaming on www.dreamingthedayawaywithluca.blogspot.com

Sailor Jamee said...

Ummmm okay I can see why you haven't taken the shorts off! They are everything and more right now. Incredible!

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

i am a huge fan of army green because it always creates such a fashion paradox. it reminds me of Woodstock and i spontaneously start singing: 5,6,7 open up the pearly gates, ... anyway, love the layering and the combination with the uber feminine shorts, they remind me of DVF. love the quirky print. fabulously combined with the sophisticated stylish shoes and that adorable perfect city bag. BTW the color of the bag is genius, not too pale but perfect for summer

s said...

GORGEOUS...
Love your jacket ;D



Campaign Chanel AW11-12 by Carine Roitfeld
http://magmoiselle.fr

letiziabarcelona said...

I love this outfit, you look wonderful.

The mischka shoes/sandals are sooo cute !!
❤‿❤

✘Letizia

little miss mode said...

I am in love with these shorts (and sunnies) but especially how you've styled them here!

xx,
Sarah

littlemissmode.blogspot.com

MELISSA Z. said...

those striped shorts are amazing and I really love your clutch!

www.abitoffashion.com

Katie said...

those shoes are simply gorgeous! & it's nice to stripes on shorts instead of t-shirts, it looks ace :)

katie x
{glass of fashion}

Jessie said...

the phrase could not speak to your outfit more. I love the glasses and the rustic and military accents.
xx, http://wordbyjessie.com/

restauranter i København said...

Great style :)


Cheers

Karsten
http://y-1.dk/

Berta said...

I like the short! it´s so smart.., perfect for any occasssion!

the nyanzi report said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and your hair is sooo beautiful! I wish I could have your hair :(

kisses!

Bloggy Betty

Her Persona said...

great style. love the hair

www.herpersona.blogspot.com

Domonique Wilson said...

In love with those shorts!You look so comfortable yet sophisticated!Hope your sis is settled in, how exciting having her around!x

Fel said...

you are so pretty! love your new shorts, and I totally adore your blog :)

The Fancy Teacup said...

Those shorts are dazzling. I would want them in all sorts of colors, too. And your sandals are complete artwork!

www.TheFancyTeacup.com

blue roses said...

i do not blame you, if i owned those shorts, they would definitely become another bodily appendage, an extension of the skin; they look so beautiful and comfortable.

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

dinamita.paquita said...

I want to be a soldier too!!!

Vani said...

Great shorts!
x

http://thedressingbooth.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

So cool !
http://modart.over-blog.com/

KimChicSisters said...

lovely photos

http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/2011/05/fleet-week.html

Lisa Griffin said...

you look fabulous! congrats to your sister and i wish her the best of luck!!
www.indramaticfashion.com

Tomma said...

Great outfit! It reminds me of Sex and the City.

Caddy said...

Great outfit for the heat!

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

Great look, those shorts are the perfect piece for summer :)

XoOX-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oh yes those shorts look perfect! Love it with the khaki too. I'm on such a shorts kick at the moment. I want so many!
xxx

Claudia said...

Exactly... how many pair of sunnies do you have?
I covet them all.
@CByrdine
http://www.chicaboomfashion.com

Berty said...

Another great inspiration look. Just love your blog...One of my favorites!

Dea Rose said...

Gorgeous! I love how the ruffles on your blouse and your sandals! Great inspiration!

Dea Rose
http://mayahasnoname.blogspot.com/

cwaycarter said...

Love this! it's a laid back, chill ensemble with a lil flirt! gorgeous. -C.C.

ReFashion Statement

Anonymous said...

i love your hair this length. it's my favorite!

Prad Savania said...

Cool style - love your shoes the most x

Come check out my heel design blogspot? Think you'll really like what you see...Take care x

Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I love how thrown together this is...and as always, the photography is beautiful.

www.fashionbosca.blogspot.com

Ravenna Moreira said...

L O V E L Y SUNGLASSES!!!!!!! :)) www.pulsacoesplanetarias.blogspot.com

Bec said...

that vest and those shoes are stealing all of my attention

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing

Molliee said...

I wouldn't want to take them off either!!!

http://mstwirlyskirts.com

Amber said...

what a lovely pair of shorts. I can see why you havent taken them off.

Lovely Kikily said...

Wow! I love it! that's why your looks are always on my "inspiration" folder :)
Regards from sunny Spain

http://lovelykikily.blogspot.com/

kuremi said...

I did the exact same thing on Friday. Went to the store and bought some cute shorts (at Forever 21!) and tops and haven't stopped wearing them! As you know, it's hot in Austin, and I've finally accepted the fact that I need to stop wearing jeans and embrace the short!

Tanya Dempsey said...

Um. Those shorts are to die.

his little lady said...

those shorts are killer! they bring everything together!
Xo

http://ericplustanya.blogspot.com

linda said...

I read your blog for a long time and I really love it. I like your chic looks.

km. said...

perfect on a hot summer day!

Kate xo
collectandcreate.com

Aliza said...

This is my favorite outfit of yours in a long time! I love everything about it especially the shorts! Your hair is growing out beautifully.

http://thestylesilhouette.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I'm obsessed with JF & Son! Those shorts are so cute.

http://www.designers-artists.com

SoapyMermaid said...

no doubts these shorts are cool :)

Ambi said...

adorable shorts, but I am more in love with your shoes!

Raspberry & Rouge said...

LOVE love love it! Such a great look! Everything works so well together! XO Raspberry & Rouge

http://raspberry-rouge.com

Gypsy Gardens said...

lovely! stripes with military, such a great combo! :)

Anonymous said...

i love your outfit!

Style Dilettante said...

They are good... don't you love it when you encounter things like that? When you question how your wardrobe ever did without them? Makes up for all the mistakes.

http://inherentstylela.blogspot.com/

Annie Chang said...

dandy shorts + vest!

http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

Théa Unknown said...

Great post and outfit!



xo
Théa Unknown
http://theaisunknown.blogspot.com/

William Street Store said...

Just saw you on the morning show in Australia - congrats! You were fabulous x

Stella said...

looking soo utilitarian chic!! those shorts ARE perfect!

stella
stellasfashionfountain.blogspot.com

Michelle Lee said...

fab heels

pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Frank Vinyl said...

those glasses are really cool..they look great on your face!

Kimberly said...

love your outfit the shorts are amazing!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

Emy said...

Haha if I was you I wouldnt take them off either!!
xx
Emy

http://emykoster.com

Cristiana Nunes said...

You're really inspiring! Love the way you mix patterns and colours. You're so stylish!

J'aime Renee said...

I adore the styling here! The shoes with those shorts are divine!

http://jaimereneestylista.blogspot.com/

korean auto lease broker los angeles said...

So cute! I'm not a big fan of vests like that- meaning I would never think of wearing one personally, but you rock this out and make it so cute I want to buy this whole outfit! Amazing.