Those are amazing! I would own many more pairs of sunnies if I had the storage space for them. I think I need to install racks on the wall like they have at the eyeglasses stores. Hmm...
Michelle Harper is absolutely fabulous...those are Oliver Goldsmith sunnies from the 60's. She literally has an entourage searching worldwide for equally lust-worthy vintage treasures - I got dizzy upon seeing her Jean Varon rainbow-spectrumed/op-art kimono in Natalie Joo's feature on her.
Btw, I'd adore if you checked out my room post, I tried exhibiting many design elements (your metallic fervor, particularly) in it's design, though it needs to be repainted white immediately! (It was definitely chosen via a childhood whim! Link me, perhaps?
They light up my day. Nothing better than bringing a smile to my face in the morning. The sunglasses are gorgeous, it’s like really having a butterfly on your face. I love a bold piece, but I would be to small to wear them. I’m ABSOLUTELY convinced they are perfect for you. And the combination with the coat, just fabulous
Hey those glasses are awesomeness - especially against her jet black pixie, and luxurious fur. This girl looks like some type of beautiful exotic creature.
I recently went to the Peggy Guggenheim exhibition, and the gallery shop was selling these beautiful designer butterfly sunnies. I think they were an ode to the ones Peggy wore that Karl Lagerfeld gave her. I'm sure you could buy online :) But yeah, go check out old piccies of Peggy in Venice, with her Llapso dogs and outrageous sunglasses. This lady moved through her life with such flair and style. Defintely an icon! By the way, love your blog - always gives me a big smile :) xo
you can have them remade custom by oliver goldsmith. i have no idea how much it would cost in the us or in usd, but in london they can do it from a base price of 450pounds.
Hi dear! May I suggest that you try Where To Get It ? (http://wheretoget.it/ )
If you post the pic of these sunnies, the community can send you links to tell you where to get them ;) I'm sure someone will be able to help you! And I'll definitely follow yoru fashion quest because I want to know where to get them too!
Wow, those are absolutely to die for! What a shame they're vintage and probably impossibly hard to find! Hopefully you manage to come across an even more fabulous pair ;)
The highlight of this post is easily the Gin Blossoms reference in the title. Amazing. That song is officially streaming through my speakers on repeat!
Sarah - Toronto editor - http://www.fashionotes.com
Artsee sells similar, if not, identical ones that I tried on. There is a store in NYC and one in Miami Beach (I live in Miami Beach and tried them on at that store). The guys who own artsee are super nice - call them and see if the NYC store has them, if not they will ship them from Miami. http://artseeeyewear.com/
They are Oliver Goldsmith's - they are custom made and they can be ordered via an amazing store in New York called ARTSEE EYEWEAR which is where this pair came from.
65 comments:
Wow great picture...so cool!
- Dani
http://myjungle.tumblr.com/
Wow! Some butterfly!
Insane...those sunnies are total eye candy.
www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.
i want one too!
There is a great write-up about her here:
http://talesofendearment.blogspot.com/2011/02/harpers-bazaar.html
Her sunglasses are featured there too. Oliver Goldsmith.
the whole picture and outfit is incredible!!!
Sofia
http://philosophie-my.blogspot.com
Woah, those sunglasses are so trippy!
www.mintypeaches.blogspot.com
oh, wow, divine sunglasses
http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x
so glamorous!!
http://www.ohmydior.org/
Those are amazing! I would own many more pairs of sunnies if I had the storage space for them. I think I need to install racks on the wall like they have at the eyeglasses stores. Hmm...
I think the whole look is pretty awesome, but those sunglasses definitely take the cake.
Michelle Harper is absolutely fabulous...those are Oliver Goldsmith sunnies from the 60's. She literally has an entourage searching worldwide for equally lust-worthy vintage treasures - I got dizzy upon seeing her Jean Varon rainbow-spectrumed/op-art kimono in Natalie Joo's feature on her.
Btw, I'd adore if you checked out my room post, I tried exhibiting many design elements (your metallic fervor, particularly) in it's design, though it needs to be repainted white immediately! (It was definitely chosen via a childhood whim! Link me, perhaps?
http://gabrielle-highfidelity.blogspot.com/2011/02/jewel-tones.html
Maybe 5 people in the world can pull those off and your probably one of them.
aren't those Prada's?
Amber
Ambersmouthwash
Wow! Those are huge! For pictorial purposes, its fantastic. Npt sure I could pull them off though!
They light up my day. Nothing better than bringing a smile to my face in the morning. The sunglasses are gorgeous, it’s like really having a butterfly on your face. I love a bold piece, but I would be to small to wear them. I’m ABSOLUTELY convinced they are perfect for you. And the combination with the coat, just fabulous
oh my! you could definitely pull those off :)))
Sunnies are a bit OTT for me but LOVE the rest of her look. She's gorgeous.
'I LOVE her ring!
OMG! wow. incredibly glamorous.. I heart those. the outfit is amazing :)
Style by Stylifiq
They remind me of the Caterpillar in Alice and Wonderland! Amazing ♥
Laurenlovestoshare
oh those are beautiful!! if i find out where they from will def let you know
http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/
Hey those glasses are awesomeness - especially against her jet black pixie, and luxurious fur. This girl looks like some type of beautiful exotic creature.
I recently went to the Peggy Guggenheim exhibition, and the gallery shop was selling these beautiful designer butterfly sunnies. I think they were an ode to the ones Peggy wore that Karl Lagerfeld gave her. I'm sure you could buy online :) But yeah, go check out old piccies of Peggy in Venice, with her Llapso dogs and outrageous sunglasses. This lady moved through her life with such flair and style. Defintely an icon!
By the way, love your blog - always gives me a big smile :) xo
omg...this pair of glasses is insane!!
www.mewmew-angelica.blogspot.com
She has something very Isabella Blow about her..
A MA ZING !!!!!
http://magmoiselle.fr
you can have them remade custom by oliver goldsmith. i have no idea how much it would cost in the us or in usd, but in london they can do it from a base price of 450pounds.
She killing it!
Those glasses are insane!
http://sweetraspberryjam.blogspot.com/
XOXO
hahahah butterfly effect!!!!
www.emmestyle.blogspot.com
damn those are out of this world amazing! i wonder...
xx
www.dragonnfruit.com
OMGOD THOSE SUNNIES ROCK!!
very awesome. :D
hot damn. those are some interesting sunnies. never seen ones like those before! awesome.
http://www.wordbyjessie.com
xxjj
haha nice :D I love those shades.
Coooooooool!
xo thefashionguitar.com
I Love her jacket...that color is amazing!
XoXo-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com
Those shades are awesome!
http://kimchicsisters.blogspot.com/2011/02/amazing-milk-chocolate-lollipops-with.html
Stunning! Everything about that woman is perfection!
http://www.crochetclouds.com/
1960's Oliver Goldsmith multi-color hand made butterfly sunglasses;
sorry i forgot, you can see her here: " http://talesofendearment.blogspot.com/2011/02/harpers-bazaar.html "
love! these glasses! the perfect pari for fashion week.
lol, those sunnies are hilarious! I would love to have a pair of those!
omg i want one too!!!
http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
-Michelle (female solo artist in Korea)
It's amazing how she is able to pull off so many statement pieces at once.... she looks amazing!
Holy shit. Those are awesome.
Hi dear!
May I suggest that you try Where To Get It ? (http://wheretoget.it/ )
If you post the pic of these sunnies, the community can send you links to tell you where to get them ;) I'm sure someone will be able to help you! And I'll definitely follow yoru fashion quest because I want to know where to get them too!
Xoxo
Great blog! these sunglasses are insane
tuxandtie.blogspot.com | twitter.com/tuxandtie
this is a piece of art!!! :D
Veronica
blameboogie.blogspot.com
Yours are better. These are quite ridiculous.
Wow, those are absolutely to die for! What a shame they're vintage and probably impossibly hard to find! Hopefully you manage to come across an even more fabulous pair ;)
the-poor-girl.blogspot.com
The highlight of this post is easily the Gin Blossoms reference in the title. Amazing. That song is officially streaming through my speakers on repeat!
Sarah - Toronto editor - http://www.fashionotes.com
yes very jealous!!
Artsee sells similar, if not, identical ones that I tried on. There is a store in NYC and one in Miami Beach (I live in Miami Beach and tried them on at that store). The guys who own artsee are super nice - call them and see if the NYC store has them, if not they will ship them from Miami.
http://artseeeyewear.com/
Wow..Those shades are amazing!!!
http://sassbass.blogspot.com
Xoxo
you can find them here: http://www.clairegoldsmith.com/index.asp?ID=4
i love butterflies! please i want one pair too!!
Helena Christensen & Michael Stipe
You would pull those off so well!
Those are Oliver Goldsmith Butterfly sunglasses!
wow these are funky
let me know your thoughts on my new blog entry and follow me at:
My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries
My Couture Diaries
dokonalé okuliare... chcem ich!
I saw this beautiful women; Michelle, on 'tales on endearment'.
The sunnies are 1960's Oliver Goldsmith' and to die for!! http://talesofendearment.blogspot.com/2011/02/harpers-bazaar.html
Kate xo
collectionsandcreations.blogspot.com
this is the same lady, and they tell you what the sunnies are http://talesofendearment.blogspot.com/2011/02/harpers-bazaar.html
i can totally see this being you in this photo!!
http://informalthing.blogspot.com/
Please find them, buy it and wear 'em before Lady Gaga gets her hands on them.
They are Oliver Goldsmith's - they are custom made and they can be ordered via an amazing store in New York called ARTSEE EYEWEAR which is where this pair came from.
Definitely epic!
P.S. I love how you referenced the Gin Blossoms in the title of this post. Love the 90s!
Post a Comment