yesterday's schedule included a few obligations that were a bit more uptown/corporate than my usual itinerary involves.

as such, i decided it was as good a time as any to wear my version of a business suit! this meant: an embellished bouclé jacket, a front-knotted top, draped wool-crepe pants, and frivolous felted pumps (maybe not the best choice for snowy streets, but that's why new york has car services).

perhaps it's not everyone's idea of boardroom chic, but it certainly worked for me!!

more than that, i think this ~ and all my more recent ensembles ~ demonstrates my personal embrace of fashion's sudden minimalist bent. i'm still mixing textures and prints, but keeping the colors more monochromatic, and enjoying simpler statement jewels than ever before. right now, that's just what feels right.

{ lanvin for h+m sunnies, self-designed jazz age carcanet necklace, elie tahari for neiman marcus jacket, rachel rachel roy shirt (last seen HERE), club monaco pants (seen in better detail HERE), juicy couture bag and gifted cuff, prada shoes (last seen HERE) }

lest you forget how cold it still is in new york, i wore this ensemble with the same coat you saw here thrown over top ~ but because i adore you, dear readers, i managed to shrug it off long enough to make these photos happen. see the full effect on facebook (where i always post surplus costume shots)!

as such, i decided it was as good a time as any to wear my version of a business suit! this meant: an embellished bouclé jacket, a front-knotted top, draped wool-crepe pants, and frivolous felted pumps (maybe not the best choice for snowy streets, but that's why new york has car services).

perhaps it's not everyone's idea of boardroom chic, but it certainly worked for me!!

more than that, i think this ~ and all my more recent ensembles ~ demonstrates my personal embrace of fashion's sudden minimalist bent. i'm still mixing textures and prints, but keeping the colors more monochromatic, and enjoying simpler statement jewels than ever before. right now, that's just what feels right.

{ lanvin for h+m sunnies, self-designed jazz age carcanet necklace, elie tahari for neiman marcus jacket, rachel rachel roy shirt (last seen HERE), club monaco pants (seen in better detail HERE), juicy couture bag and gifted cuff, prada shoes (last seen HERE) }

lest you forget how cold it still is in new york, i wore this ensemble with the same coat you saw here thrown over top ~ but because i adore you, dear readers, i managed to shrug it off long enough to make these photos happen. see the full effect on facebook (where i always post surplus costume shots)!

112 comments:
perfect as usual....what i wouldnt give for your wardrobe!!
wow i love this.
the hair once again kills me. what kinda cut is that?
It's hard to keep color alive in the winter, for me, at least. I always end up wearing really muted colours and sort of blending in with the environment.
This outfit is really chic though. I love it.
Yasmeen
Castle Fashion
Oh, also, I was wondering you'll be posting about how you make your jewelry some time in the future. I'm really interested :]
Yasmeen
the lesbian look looks good on you!
lovely - i want it all!
Oh my god...this outfit is just amazing!
xoxo
Love your bag and your "corporate" look.. your taste is impeccable : )
http://laurenlovestoshare.blogspot.com/
love those shoes! they atleast look like they'd be warmer than your average pumps!
i'd love for you to check out some photos from a photoshoot i did! (granted i'm in college and not a professional or anything!). i've just posted some on my blog:
http://www.glamoretta.blogspot.com
I'm loving your minimalist feel, and the way you stayed true to yourself by mixing textures. It's definitely my favorite way to do things.
www.thestylefront.com
love those sunnies!! great alternative to the run of the mill suit!
www.ThePantryDrawer.com
Your version of boardroom chic is beautiful! I love it! The white shirt is my favorite!
http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com
You look very nice :) I love your boots and bag.
eM!
http://mstyleideas.blogspot.com/
Every time I visit your blog I think about getting a pixie cut because you make it look SO good!
xo
http://couldihavethat.blogspot.com/
i've gotta tell you... your hair is god.damn.awesome.
my hair's been in a pixie cut for about a year now, but i just admire how you've been able to grow it out longer and play around with it a bit. it looks so great! how do you style it the way you do, into wonderful long, messy mops?
basically....you rule, my friend.
xoxo,
sara
http://sararedd.blogspot.com
That blouse is absolutely fabulous! I follow you religiously and actually have my own streetstyle blog. I am holding a personal style giveaway. The best 3 looks posted score some classic Chanel makeup and will be featured on my site.
Check out the details here
http://www.tresawesome.com/2011/01/tres-awesome-favorite-look-chanel-give.html
My goodness those shoes. My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I saw them. They're every bit victorian, punk rock, with a little bit of prep mixed in. Perfection.
Perfect "corporate" outfit. How to you manage to keep your toes from freezing off? I live in Shanghai and its about 4 degrees C. I want to look cute, I want to wear heels but seems almost impossible as I can never feel my toes!
most gorgeous boardroom attire ever <3 i'm in the midst of interviews for my first job & this is so inspiring!
Not gonna lie that is one of the most fashionable "suits" I have seen in a while.
oh my gosh! this is thee perfect boardroom look! That meeting must've been very glamorous!
i wander, i wonder
LOVE it
I'll take your version rather than the classic business attire anytime!
http://www.duckalicious.com
totally gorgeous all black look, loving how sleek and classy it is
http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x
those pradas is just
il perfecto :D
I like your idea of a business suit! Still fashionable.
love your version of boardroom chic. glad to hear too that you wore a coat. not always a fan of juicy but your bag is a home run.
I really love your hair.
My hair is very short too but I can't make it look good like that >.<
THE PERFECT business chic look! :)
xxx
http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/
Love this! You look fab.xx
Great pics, love this black and white!
www.LIVINGandFASHION.blogspot.com
OMG! The shoes, the jacket, the bag, everything! just wow! <3
www.abitoffashion.com
you look great. love the cuff and the purse!
I'm quite a minimalist person but I love how baroque pieces look on you, love this outfit!
http://singinonmymind.blogspot.com
That top and shoes are to die for! Another fabulously inspiring outfit!
http://chelseasgirl.wordpress.com
Great outfit,love the black and white combo.Your shoes are fabulous!
Hugs from Morocco
Nuheila
awesome oficial wear with a twist!
www.fashionablenotebook.blogspot.com
LOVE the outfit....especially the shoes!!!!!
what a brilliant chic and sleek look. LOVE it.
amazing photos
x
I too am obsessed with your hair. I have it short also and would kill for that texture, but with my curls if I don't straighten it I end up with an unintentional 'Rihanna'. Which I can NOT pull off.
Love the blog!
WOW! I love this! Everything is perfect! You have such amazing style xxx
www.fashiondevotion.com
Your jacket gives it the perfect touch. While I love the more elaborate, glammed up creations on you, the minimalist look also suits you perfectly!
http://www.oddandchic.com
xxx
wow how did you get this much snow yesterday?? i am waking up to a beautiful 9 inch blanket this morning! you look great and i'm obsessed with those shoes!
www.indramaticfashion.com
I'm blown away! A great career awaits the girl in the gorgeous suit!
i love it!!! now all i need it´s to find a job to wear it!!! hehehehe
XOXO
Carmen from http://modavsdecoracion.blogspot.com/
lovely bracelet
http://verychiclist.blogspot.com/
Such a great take on the modern career girl...you nailed it :)
XoXO-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com
Such a great alternative to the traditional suit! Women's suits usually leave me uninspired, but I love the way you've mixed separates to create your corporate look.
Kendra
http://closetconfections.com
This look "suits" you well (haha, lame joke ;))
brunetteblogging.com
So sophisticated and charming, I adore it! The boucle jacket paired with the felted booties is just perfection. I like the new minimalistic approach with your jewelry and monochromatic scheme. Very pretty and well pulled off.
www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.
Amazing Prada shoes! The bag is really cool, i've never seen it!
I am totally using the monochromatic trend to make my life easier. Love this business fashion-forward look.
Love the necklace, love the shoes!!!
Come enter my vintage Razza elephant necklace giveway!!
www.plentyforpennies.com
Sublime as always! The new necklace is beautiful.....and already SOLD! That is AWESOME!! I can't wait to get my earrings!! Your jewelry is heirloom quality and I'm looking forward to acquiring more as my pocketbook allows.
xoxoxo
this is very chic and i love this look for work! i really am loving black and white lately.
Gorgeous!!! I too, love the minimalistic bent that fashion is taking.
black and white always looks so chic, especially when you mix textures. I like how you still keep things looking fun even with more subdued color palette.
http://leffetdepapillon.wordpress.com/
This is such a great outfit - I would totally wear it to work :) I absolutely love those Prada shoes....drooool!
-Danielle
I LOVE this look. It's totally stylish but still professional. Unfortunately, if I wore that to my VERY conservative (dare I saw backward?) Southern bank that I work at, I'd get a lot of weird looks and perhaps a chastisement. Sigh.
I love these photo's! That shirt is great!
so chic
check out pond's amazing products and more style inspirations at:
http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
please rate my contribution at
http://hypeed.com/ai16#p224
and leave me comment on my blog if you rated :)
I'll follow your blog in return!
Very chic and sophisticated! And I definitely did notice that you are much less decked out in jewelry. I think it works for this outfit, but I always LOVE to see what jewelry pieces you have. The texture on those shoes is awesome.
Love the jacket!
gorgeous, gal!
x
Alexandra
www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com
loving those Pradas!! I just bought a pair of insane boots and I'm stoked!
Amber
ambersmouthwash
you look so great! everything is gorgeous ;)
http://carriesfashiondiary.blogspot.com/
This is the perfect for "corporate chic". Not everybody wants to wear the old boring pants suit! I adore the shoes and you're such a trooper for going without a jacket. I ran to the car the other night without one and thought I was going to freeze to death.
http://2anchor.blogspot.com
Thanks for suffering for us! We really do appreciate! Did you mention what bag that is?? I don't think I caught that one...Juicy?
I couldn't agree more on going "corporate chic." I just did a post about turning up my nose to biz cas. Blech, the cringe worthy words "business casual" send shivers down my spine.
http://impetuousstyle.com
This is a fabulous outfit! From the shoes, to the jacket, and the purse! <3
you are the epitome of chic....love it! xo
You've been awarded! Check out my blog:
http://bradfordandcatherine.blogspot.com/
This should be the new boardroom chic! The pieces work great together!
http://californiacandy.wordpress.com/
Prada shoes are perfect!! Not too prissy but always beautiful.
hellorhighfashion.blogspot.com
i love your version of business attire! ;)
Such a great look for the city! :)
OH
MY
GOD.
I think this is my FAVORITE outfit of the YEAR! (even though the year has just begun). i LOVE your version of the business outfit. ah! what an inspiration
lovely!!
kisses
Wow. This needs to be everyone's version of the business suit! Amazing!
www.LaPetiteMarmoset.com
I love the Prada shoes!! You wear them so well!!!
www.fmfashionmixer.blogspot.com
love the simplicity of this look...
http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/
you are doing uptown very well! love it.
you are doing uptown very well! love it.
it's a chic businesslike style that works perfectly
I really like your version of a business suit and always love the way you accessorize. Black is a favorite during this season but the fact that you're playing around with different textures through your shoes and the detailing on your jacket makes your outfit so interesting!
Cup of Fashion
The embellished bouclé jacket is simply amazing. Love those kind of jackets!! And of course the prada shoes. Wow!
xo Laiyin
http://thestylecircus.blogspot.com/
great look with chanel-ish twist!
www.inspirationofshhh.blogspot.com
NICE CLICKS,
this outfit is just gorg! looks straight out of a magazine! xxo love the shades
Great outfit! lovely jacket...
x
http://inanothercornerofparadise.blogspot.com/
Love this look, its nice to see some business wear thats interesting and stylish.
ooOOoooh! those shoes are hurting me they're so beautiful!!
Love this look...esp the shoes!!!!
http://thatmightcomeinhandy.blogspot.com/
I loved your outfit!! It is so cool, so pretty!!
Very chic. I love he burnout velvet detail on the Prada shoes.
I love your blog!amazing look
Thefunnygame.blogspot.com
You are one of the very few woman that look absolutely GORGEOUS with short hair. Im in love with it!
thesummitofbeautyandlove.blogspot.com
I absolutely love your style! You have great photographs too!
Most definitely better than any business attire I've seen. Very classy.
great look! i particularly love the necklace...
glass-of-fashion.blogspot.com
xx
just followed the link to discover it's one of your necklaces, wow, well done!
xx
Nice look, 80's-tastic!
http://itsonlysight.blogspot.com/
I like the white here
If this is boardroom chic, I will take it, gladly! Those shoes are glorious!
OMG...so perfect for these cold days...i can see this look all over.
I love to lair...
www.KristinHassan.blogspot.com
A great option is the Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini!!
It's got a similar satchel-like shape with the rocker attitude and is more affordable but still good quality.
You can find it on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250757752364&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1139
The leather is so soft!! Such a classic, iconic bag with an attitude!!
Love it!!! (ipad)
So chic it hurts.
This duality very elegant.
I know you love the sunglasses.
We are making an international competition Trussardi, a stunning sunglasses from the new collection. If you dare, join...
If I absolutely HAD to work in an office, this is the outfit I would want to wear doing it. Lovely!!
XOXO
Amazingly textured shoes!
Regards,
Kris
http://www.dailylooks.com
You Remind me of Edie Sedgewick...Andy Warhols superstar factory chick! Love this look!
i vote for u !
Post a Comment