1.05.2011

{ old fashioneds }




{ lanvin for h+m sunnies, elizabeth+james blouse, songbird caroline dress courtesy of erin fetherston, stuart weitzman shoes }

my very talented photographer and i had so much fun shooting this riverside story, that we returned to the same location the next day, with a 1950's land camera (and almost-equally old film) in tow, to see what more magic could be made. here's what we came up with! i love that these images feel like they're from another era ~ but if you'd like to see the ensemble in HD, stroll on over to erin fetherston's site, and enjoy the story from a more modern (digital!) perspective.
---
PS: click through to see how i wore erin's interpretation of the same silhouette in a solid chiffon, and the same print in another silhouette!!

87 comments:

Beautycountry said...

Love these pictures! :) They are indeed very magic!!

Melissa Z. said...

wonderfful pics! awesome dress, wow! <3

www.abitoffashion.com

shan shan said...

Hi there may I know what size erin fetherston dresses you wear (I'd like to buy online but would be grateful for a reference point since I've never owned any of her dresses)

Thanks

mavi said...

love these photos and your sunglases!!! this my blog

mavitrapos.blogpsot.com

Sher said...

Wow, these pictures are truly magical!!

xx

Anaivilo said...

When I saw the first photo it was like a spell that put me under it. These really are gorgeous photos, the colors and the mood is splendid !
And your dress is stunning :D

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ shan shan: i am a size 4 in erin's dresses (in most things, actually). i hope that helps?

XOGlamourai

Collette Osuna said...

What lovely pics....LOVE the feel of these.....Im a polka dot lover...you look gorgeous...and the location is straight out of a magazine....!!

Stop by and say Hello:)
Come be a part of my new online fashion magazine!!♥

Rashon Carraway said...

Camera might be old, but the photos are great!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Crystal said...

There photos are seriously gorgeous! Great location too. You really do look like you're from another time entirely here!

Lisa Griffin said...

i love the polka dot prints and the great old time feel!
www.indramaticfashion.com

Stylifiq said...

wow.. this does feel like another era. you look great in polka dots..
you can visit my site and follow me.
secrets of a good looking girl

Anonymous said...

These photos are amazing. I am completely enamored with your blog! You were just born to do this! xo

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

I've said it before, but you look stunning in polka dots! These photos are so unbelievable, love the vintage vibe :)

XoXO-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

x deb said...

Amazing pics! Love the glitter effect (:

Unknown said...

Stunning pictures, you look gorgeous. I love this outfit.

xo,
Kirstin Marie

Lace and Tulle said...

wow!!! amazing pictures Kelly!!
love your polka dot blouse!!

http://laclassique.blogspot.com

krisandkel said...

These photos are fantastic! I love the feeling they convey!

<3 kris&kel
www.krisandkel.com

Ashley said...

wow - these pics are amazing. did you learn to model professionally or are you just a natural? always love your pics!

Fashion Agony said...

You're gorgeous and the pics are awesome!
http://fashionagony.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

Love the vintage ethereal feel! Just perfect for the polka dot on polka dot ensemble. Beautiful!

hand drawn:
My Closet in Sketches

Unknown said...

I love the old school glamour in these pictures. It's amazing what a feeling a camera and a certain style can give you. You actually look like a more eccentric Audrey Hepburn.

Love Iben

Farm Girl Fashionista said...

The camera definitely added to your usual artsy, vintage vibe...fabulous!!

http://thefarmgirlfashionista.blogspot.com/

Francesca Robertson said...

I adore that E&J top. I should have bought it when I had the chance!! boo
xoxo,
F
Le Kiss Kiss- Click Here!

The Fancy Teacup said...

So ethreal and magical. They do look like from another era, you look beautiful in the chiffon.

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.

Baby Budget Blog said...

Cool pics. Love the sparkles effect. Looks like snow! Love the outfit as well!

www.plentyforpennies.com

ediot said...

such a fantastic outfit. adore the patternmiXing. divine

x

Anonymous said...

the second picture is amazing--i love everything about it!

Gorete Sousa said...

Nice Pics!!!
lovely!!!
xoxo


www.ilovenystyle.blogspot.com

Yasmeen said...

Fetherston's dresses are always sooo beautiful. I love the prints she uses. And you always manage to pull them off so well. That's why your blog makes for a daily dose of inspiration. Wow...

Yasmeen

http://castle-fashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you LOOK SO AMAZING!!!


Happy New Year!

xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Eugenia Woods said...

Great pictures. Love the ensamble!

Erin Baskin said...

oooh love that dress! Check out my new post if you get a chance!

http://ashesoflaughter.blogspot.com/

xx,

Erin

mo said...

Love the old sensation that the camara has!!
XOXO

http://teenagedream-mo.blogspot.com/

Runway Hippie said...

Totally obsessed with this dress that I just went ahead and bought it!! Hoping I can style it as well as you do!


P.S. Old Fashioneds are my favorite cocktail!

xx,
Sonia

http://RunwayHippie.com

Laura said...

Wonderful mixage and the character from the old film is wonderful!!!

Jennifer said...

these are amazing...some of my favorites yet - the colors, dots, the outfit with print mix, and you of course!! love love love.

Anonymous said...

I simply adore your style. I've hit a creative dry spell and then I discovered your blog. You are quite an inspiration. Thank you! Keep doing YOU!

Beckerman Girls said...

Ohhh these pics are UNNNBELIEVABLE! Remind me of vibe the pics of Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller on the Hamptons beach from 1957. Here's a link:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/06/01/alg_marilyn.jpg

You look incredible !!!!! Love ya doll!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

http://www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

The Cat's Whiskers said...

These kind of fabrics always look best on you! :-)

♥ ♥ ♥

www.apartmenttwentythree.blogspot.com

♥ ♥ ♥

www.apartmenttwentythree.blogspot.com

Sylvia said...

these pictures are fantastic! love the look! you are a mixology goddess!

i wander, i wonder

Anonymous said...

Wow gorgeous photos. I love the dusting added to them. So pretty.

Whitney Sherrell said...

Beautiful! I'm in love with these photos!

Whitney
www.MyStylishFriends.blogspot.com

R Orozco said...

These are great. I specially like the first one!

Unknown said...

those pictures are truly breathtaking! so magical.

xx seejaneworkplaylive.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So fun! This looks old world and so ethereal. Are you cold at all in that snow? Doesn't look like it :)

XO,
Erika
www.styleactivist.com

Anonymous said...

OK and now I am seeing that you are laying on stone. Tricky, tricky :P

ClosetConfections said...

The photos are gorgeous. I love it! Very nicely done.

Kendra
http://closetconfections.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog is amazing, i really love your style! I bookmarked you :)

Keep up the wonderful bloggin'!

xcommepolly

http://commepolly.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I'm loving these photos! :)

Anonymous said...

You look so pretty!! I really love the shot and loving the dress too!!
<3
http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

Grace Escudero - The Afeminada said...

The photos are amazing! I love how you paired polkadots together. Is it snowing in these photos? Because it certainly looks like it.

http://www.theafeminada.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I simply love old photography. I feel as if when you look at the picture there is more of a story. Plus everything vintage is better anyways : )

http://2anchor.blogspot.com/

E said...

gorgeous pictures! that dress is stunning

-Erica
http://allaboutitt.blogspot.com/

Serena said...

love love love your pictures and outfits!!

Love From Seoul,
Nostalgic Senses

http://nostalgicsenses.blogspot.com

Impetuous Style said...

The photos are amazing and have a majestic quality to them. Kudos to the photographer and subject!

http://impetuousstyle.com

Anna said...

just discovered your blog... really love it. would love it if you checked out mine!
im definitely bookmarking you :)

xx

http://theindulgent.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Love that you're going so easy on the jewelry lately... even though it is one of your signatures, it looks so refreshing and the pieces you've been wearing have so many interesting details (knots and pleats) to pull it all together. Bravo!

ADJ said...

Really cool effects in these pictures. Love the polka dots!

www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com

TheVivianGirl said...

Absolutely Beautiful photos, m'dear! I can easily envision these in a magazine spread. Truly inspiring :)

Love your blog and would very much appreciate if you'd check out mine:

http://theviviangirl.blogspot.com

xoxo,
H

jada and jon said...

what a great shoot! the outfit is amazing.

We just added tons of new vintage clothing as well so if you get a chance come check out our website!

www.avintagelovestory.com
www.lalalandvintageclothing.com

xx

Kacrates said...

breathtaking :D

Lindsey Dixon said...

What wonderful pattern-mixing! I love it!


Lindsey Soup

Unknown said...

great pictures. the dress and top combo, perfect!

Michelle Lee said...

love the 1st and 3rd photos


first contest (be one of my 7 new year inspiration models!)
go to http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com
for precise info.

HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said...

I am not sure yet, but i think these might be my favorite pics of you! Your style is to die for!
humanityisbeautiful.blogspot.com

classiq said...

beautiful outfit, beautiful pics.

km. said...

I love the little polka dots mixed with the bigger ones. This dress is adorable.

Kate xo
collectionsandcreations.blogspot.com

The Village Idiot said...

these pics remind me of a spread marilyn monroe did. love the graininess of the photos- very cool.

terry said...

I love these shots and I have to say that I've really been enjoying the glamour guy's camera work! The two of you make such a fantastic team!!! I'd love to hear how you work together deciding on the story, locations, etc.

Anonymous said...

these are spectacular! magazine material for sure.

Rene Braun said...

Amazing Photos!!

WWW.RENEBRAUN.COM

You are welcome to visit my blog too :))

Dai Freitas said...

Wowwww...
Your pictures inspire me, always publish some of them on my blog I have a blog about accessories, I invite you to access > http://acessorioseachados.blogspot.com

Meg said...

The first photo is a winner! Absolutely stunning :)
Really love the mix of prints, especially like the erin fetherston dress! You are so perfect for her clothes!
xoxo
Meg

Anna said...

love your dress...

Enjoy my giveaway: DIOR MASCARA

...the last day!

www.fashionessence-anna.blogspot.com

Catherine Fishback said...

My oh my. Those images are like a dream. Thank you for sharing!

http://bradfordandcatherine.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

such a lovely outfit!

I'm giving away a pair of Kim Kardashian's favorite boots! These Report Signature Over the Knee Boots are a knockout. Visit my blog to enter:

http://goodbadnfab.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-year-new-giveaway.html

Christie said...

Love, love, love!

In Fashion and Style

De Vero said...

So great pictures! I love the polkssots shirt!

http://de-vero.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love the print mixing, esp. since both fabrications are such a sheer chiffon!
xo
BEE
www.atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com

Angeles Almuna said...

The best post ever!
FANTASTIC!
Kisses

www.angelesalmuna.com
www.shopangelesalmuna.com

Jessica said...

You are such a delight to look at. Words can not express how lovely you are.

carolynok.usa said...

i love this silouette, ladylike and smashing. I have dress after dress with same simplicity and swirl in various colors. But I want this mud-colored one! There are not enough days.

Check out:

www.theforevercuff.com

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos!

connie said...

let me say i've never seen anyone cause me to have short hair envy as much as you do! >_<!!! but really :DDD

-- connie

Arstcrylique said...

Great pictures, I love the shine effects.
You're really cute.

Claire Kayser said...

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUV THESE PICS!!! Great outfit with dots of differing sizes and such a great perspective! Lovely!