12.08.2010

{ ghost stories }



{ tom ford sunnies, leather trench (in above pic) courtesy of hare+hart, topshop earrings, kelly framel pearl spiderlily ring, bird by juicy couture vest, edith dress courtesy of erin fetherston (many more photos on HER BLOG!), h+m tights, coach boots, OPI's got the blues for red nail polish }

whenever i wear erin fetherston's frocks, i feel like i've fallen into a fairytale ~ and i love how this particular piece seems more deeply indebted to the brothers grimm than to disney-like lore. even its name ~ the edith dress ~ calls to mind edith wharton (writer of many a supernaturalist ghost story), while its spider-web stripes recall lydia deets, beloved beetlejuice babe. paired with this creepy-crawly-cozy vest, methinks i'm ready to hit up the holiday parties with old jacob marley on my arm!! joyeux noël noir...

68 comments:

Kaleido Mind said...

breathtaking!

Raeshelle said...

Jacob Marley on your arm! Ha amazing vest most definately! I totally see the fairy tale concept! Gorgeous dear! As per usual, you really inspire me!

Collette Osuna said...

You look stunning as usual:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
NEWS EDITOR for Style Sample Magazine♥

Biaa said...

I just love your dress! You look amazing, as usual :)

FASHION SNAG said...

Cool vest!

www.FashionSnag.com

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Ooh la la, gorgeous! xo

Jen said...

Beautiful dress with the lace cutouts and I can't get enough of those Anouks on you! They fit your face so perfectly.

Have a lovely day!

Jen

R Orozco said...

Your outfits and pictures are always so amazing!

ADJ said...

Love the background and the feathers. Awesome contrast...

www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

fairytale glam indeed -- absolutely adore everything ms. fetherston creates! i have my eye on the julia dress...

xo,
joann @ http://idratherbeshopping.wordpress.com

Jessica said...

Looking fabulous as usual. Loving the darker side of Erin Fetherston's designs. And of course, I can never get enough fur.

www.thestylefront.com

My Style Advice said...

yes, it does have a spooky vampire-esk look to it. how can you go wrong with all the black and fur and lace??

Fashionstyle said...

So stunning !!!

Sylvia said...

you are incredible and stunning!

go, girl!

CaliforniaCandy said...

Super glamorous with a touch of darkness, good mix!

GIVEAWAY: Patricia Field Leather Glovettes & Chain Vest Necklace!
http://californiacandy.wordpress.com/

Unknown said...

loving that mix of fur and lace, gorge look

http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
x

Ania B said...

these photos are AMAZING!

www.aniab.net

Amber Lucas A Mused Blog said...

Such incredible photos!


Amber
ambersmouthwash

The Iconic Blog.com said...

SO ridiculously fabulous!xx

Unknown said...

love those boots! and those gorgeous cateyes!

www.ThePantryDrawer.com

Anonymous said...

Very dark glam. I love it.

o said...

Yes, Erin Fetherston pieces definitely has that feel to it. Le sigh! You look gorgeous! So envious of ur Tom Ford sunnies! I've been wanting those forever and a day:) I can't believe it's taken me this long to find ur blog! I dunno which rock I've been hiding under;)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Tayler Worrell said...

I have been following your blog for a while now and i just gotta let you know that i love it! you have amazzzinng style!
And your hair cut is what I am trying to conjure up the courage to get myself!!

http://bighairandbikinis.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very Chic !!


http://valentineavoh.blogspot.com/
-diary of a fashion stylist-

verychiclist said...

wow beautiful, you have great style darling!

http://verychiclist.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a evocatively written post

Anonymous said...

Lovely look ~

Francesca Robertson said...

u look like a dream!!! love that jacket!

xoxo,
F

Enter the $75 Le Kiss KissGiveaway- Click Here!

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR said...

Love the combo & especially your ring, you're very talented dear ;)

XoXO-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

chicfaced said...

one of your best yet--superb!! xoxo, laura

verychiclist said...

girls, CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAY

http://verychiclist.blogspot.com/

Whitney Sherrell said...

Adore this look, in a ghoulish kind of way of course! :-)

Whitney Sherrell

www.MyStylishFriends.blogspot.com
@MyStylishBlog

The Fancy Teacup said...

I agree, that frock is just so gorgeous! So is the lace striped topped, just perfection.

Love your Brothers Grimm and Jacob Marley references...I can see it in the lovely style!

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
xoxo

Unknown said...

This is just lovely. I love this look and I love the photos.

xo,
Kirstin Marie

http://www.kirstinmarie.com

kayaretro said...

amazing like always!!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful. I love the dark sass that comes out of these photos :)

Michelle Lee said...

love your vest
i loveee furs!

check out my blog for winter must-haves post
(to those of you who haven't visited my blog yet, please follow my blog and on twitter @divalicious_m thanks!)

http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

Manu said...

Gorgeous dress!
Besos!

The Snakecharmer said...

Those sunnies are just perfect! I need to start saving for a pair :)
Kelly, I would like to ask you to vote for me (Patricia Flores, number 24) in the contest "El Valor de tu Historia". If I win, two amazing Chilean designers will create two versions of the idea that I created. Please have a look at my collage and vote, I would really appreciate it :)

http://www.vistelacalle.com/33448/finalistas-concurso-el-valor-de-tu-historia-creada-para-ti-por-un-disenador/#more-33448

Impetuous Style said...

Love the use of the space to create depth and the combination of textures!
xo, the impetuous girl

http://impetuousstyle.com

Baby Budget Blog said...

Love that first shot!

www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

ClosetConfections said...

beautiful! i love all of the textures in this outfit, and your accessories are perfection.

kendra
http://closetconfections.com

TheMinx said...

this outfit is just exquisite, I'm in love with the way you've layered everything, and the erin fetherston piece is perfection :)

Anonymous said...

lovely look!

http://fashion-potato.blogspot.com/

annawithlove said...

Gorgeous! everything. Gorgeous!

www.annawithlove.com

Diana said...

really incredible! i love that you've collaborated with erin her designs are so gorgeous and you wear them so well!! definitely a perfect match ;) xo

http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/

Nancie said...

the first pic is so cute!! http://fashionablenotebook.blogspot.com/

Gorete Sousa said...

LOVELY look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.ilovenystyle.blogspot.com

Elle said...

So stunning! I am in love with all the pieces you are wearing...indeed a dark fairytale vibe to everything. I like the backdrop too, you have some of the most interesting backgrounds. :)

Fast Food & Fast Fashion

Cindy Van Dyck said...

Amazing pictures! They're perfect

Giovanna said...

I love the background so much! and your outfit is simply stunning. I love Erin Fetherston too.
xo
Giovanna
Boho Market

Sabina said...

I really like those lace paneled sleeves--definitely very Lydia. Just discovered your blog, btw. Keep up the good work.

http://mystylecanvas.blogspot.com

Katherine said...

The dress is beautiful on it's own, but that vest just takes it to whole new level! Love it all!

www.LaPetiteMarmoset.com

Josipa said...

you are beautifol love your pics and blog!!!


http://babylovesfashion.blogspot.com/

window of happiness said...

Love the look! Breath taking!

www.audrinajulia.blogspot.com

Martina said...

WOW! The dress is fantastic!

http://martinakien.blogspot.com/

The Village Idiot said...

lovely. i am loving black soo much at the moment. anything in a darked or muted tone seems to suit the season so well.

Leigha said...

Gorgeous!

Jenmarie said...

You look so fantastic. I still need your glasses!

Noreen said...

Have always been in love with your blog. Great outfit!!

Would love for you to check out what we have in store!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FindRewindVintage

men's 2 button suits said...

You look fabulous!! nice style and design.

Shoe said...

Gorgeous photos!!

:)

Shoe

thingsididmyself.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i have the same tom ford sunnies and LOVE them!

Karolina said...

mysterious!

http://carriesfashiondiary.blogspot.com/

jessicaraesommer said...

Now this, I love! Thank you for sharing....

Jessica
http://lovelyuglydesign.blogspot.com/

Furniture Stores in Los Angeles said...

Not sure what is gong on with that two colored fur but I am loving it!

Furniture Stores in Los Angeles said...

Lace and fur, what a great combination.

Rug Cleaning Los Angeles said...

Ooh spooky, love the Edith Wharton and Beetlejuice references!