
do you ever have those days when the best you can do is throw on whatever's on top of the closest pile of clothes? me too! that's why i repeated this skirt instead of 'officially' unpacking my vegas suitcase. i guess it seemed easier than hanging it back up! okay, maybe i just really enjoy wearing it.

i liked the way this tie-dye tank dressed the skirt down for daytime, while the little plaidie camp shirt got added for the sake of modesty. call me old fashioned, but i'm not really comfortable with having bare arms/shoulders on the subway. too much creepy rubbing-up against strangers! so ~ even when it's sweltering ~ i always bring a little something to cover up with when i'm underground.


{ vintage ysl sunnies, earrings from india, cut-off vintage shirt (used to be a dress!), alexander mcqueen tank, forever21 skirt, dries van noten shoes }

79 comments:
I think your mix of prints here is absolutely stunning, when it all looks like it was supposed to be together! so beautiful
i am so with you on that fact theres always something we would repeatedly wear..gotta love it
✘leonie
www.monstrexi.com
loving that skirt - so pretty.
Yes I do get those days! Both outfits are very cuteeeee
Mustart x
Never would've thought that tie-dye tops and that gorgeous skirt would look good tog but they do. Nice!
xoxo, http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com
killer sunglasses! and I do love the skirt... fabulousness.
I wish I was as bold as you! And can I just say that second photo is so artistic? I thought the legs were part of the background until I realized they were yours!
I love this look so much, although I would have never thought to mix those prints myself.
that top is fantastic! And I applaud your ability to wear the same piece and make it look so different.
lachicmenagerie.blogspot.com
you're rockin the military green tones! lovin the tank and skirt. and those earrings... incredible!
http://style-haus.blogspot.com/
lovely colour palette! your sunnies are gorgeous, i'm pretty envious.
http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/
the sunglasses make me speechless beyond incredible!
http://yourthatenglishgirl.blogspot.com/
Love the colors !
Your sunnies are stunning, i love the ysl vintage stuff (:
Oh I love the whole mash of it all!!
I love the mixed prints and the colors are perfect on you! Nice pics!
Santina
http://stylebysantina.blogspot.com/
I love the tank...awesome :)
this look is great, it's fun and looks effortless
vasilieva
http://elenavasilieva.blogspot.com/
xx
I don't know how but you have get an almost imposible print combination to create something GREAT.
I love this shoes.
Wow, this skirt combined with the top and the jacket looks so good!
I REALLY love the tank with this skirt! So great.
amazing top and great sandals! wow! <3
www.abitoffashion.com
Lovely!
xoxo
Marta
I can't believe that skirt is from F21! I check their site everyday, if I had seen that, I would've nabbed it so quick.
I love love this outfit :O
Yasmeen
Really nice! Love the skirt :)
xxx
I love the mix of colors/patterns here and the generally uncluttered look of this outfit. Very nice! Love the earrings.(And I don't know anyone who doesn't "repeat" outfits. Are you serious? In this economy?)
My favorites are the sunglasses and tie-dye
http://bespokerose.blogspot.com/
x
I cannot believe that that skirt is Forever21!! Is it available right now!? This outfit is AWESOME!!!
xx,
Sonia
http://RunwayHippie.com
The tank is fab, and the outfit together perfection!
Good to know I'm not the only one who sometimes just grabs whatever is on the top of a large pile of clothes!
www.annawithlove.com
i never would have thought to pair these all together- but they work together really well!
love the tye dye and plaid together especially.
i have those earrings!
Incredible prints! I agree too - too many strangers touching me on any public transport creeps me out.
becca
Kelly, you literally could be the Professor Emeritus of Print Mixing. All of these pieces are so different, but with a unified palate they come together so cohesively. Beautiful!
Hand drawn:
myclosetinsketches.com
Masterful mixology. Fabulous outfit, head to toe.
(And yes...'eww' to stranger-skin on the subway.)
SR
I'm always excited to see how you mix and match prints so well. And YES, I can totally relate to wearing a coverup on the subway. I ALWAYS carry a little cardigan, jacket or shawl when it's warm out to wear on the train. My husband teases me about it.
Kendra
http://closetconfections.com
Gorgeous as always! xo
The tie-dye is such a bonus. love it.
I love the colors, especially the tie dye top!
www.FashionSnag.com
I can't believe that skirt is forever 21! It's gorgeous!
http://fromdenimtodessert.blogspot.com/
absolutely love the vintage sunnies
Rianna xxxx
Adoro seu blog! Parabéns!
Beijos
http://www.macheriefashion.blogspot.com/
so pretty! i love the mix of patters and textures :)
http://dressedupallligators.blogspot.com/
I can't believe that skirt is F21. It's fantastic.
i love this look and you mix the patterns perfectly
Such a pretty, rich color palette!!
BEE
www.atlantic-pacific.blogspot.com
As usual love your outfit and the way you style things. I love that camp shirt. In fact I had a '50's dress that looked just like it, except it had a lovely flouncy skirt part. Wore the thing out. Pity.
ingenious mixology here. .i love that skirt so much
great mix and match of patterns! i think it works so well with the colour palette being the same in most items.
http://www.maritimeshopaholic.com
I love it all the neutral colors it's so fab. I love chopping a dress into a shirt. An application I have done a few times and I love it!!!!!!!!!!
Great title. Genius. XOXO Valerie
Check out my couture junk food post.
http://imstarvin.blogspot.com/2010/08/girls-with-junk-food.html#comments
Great way of mix prints!
Nat
viaggiodellafarfalla.blogspot.com
Hi Kelly- I look forward to your posts everyday! I am sad on the weekends when there is no post. The outfits are fabulous. I think this look is minimalist pattern bashing. You do a great job. Keep up the good work! SusiG
love the skirt!!!
thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com
youre not an old fashioned lady absolutely!
it's just okay if you want to put on your shirt when you're in subway. :)
loving your tie dye top!
http://eclecticraccoon.blogspot.com/
Prêt à Porter P said... it best "You're a master at mixing color, textures, and patterns!"
You ALWAYS look great. So creative!
Love the ti-dye, you are definitely a great pattern mixer!
this look is amazing!
Very nice photos!!
www.streetstylebystela.blogspot.com
simple fashion- awesome
missfitbliss.com
wow those sunnies are amazing!! i want them BAD.
xox
prettyinplatforms.blogspot.com
love the combo! and hooray for "unpacking" by just "wearing" through it all - that's how I roll!
I love mixing prints.
Your look amazing
xo
DOLLMEUP
Loving your entire outfit!
I love your dark hair! And those shades!
Love Grace.
Love those glasses!
xoxo,
Luna.
http://lunallove.blogspot.com
me gusta tu blog!!!
la ropa, y el estilo que tiene.
http://thelostdiamonds.blogspot.com/
Стильненько))
your shades are soooo amazing!!
www.modedamour.com
ohh the glasses!
xx
JJ Scholl
I adore that skirt & shoes combo! It's perfect for summer/fall transition! You look adorable as always!
Check out these MUST HAVES FROM J.CREW for Fall! So chic!
http://www.honeysucklechic.com/2010/08/23/must-haves-from-j-crews-fall-collection/
Ashley
http://honeysucklechic.com
You are divine!!!!! your sense of mix patterns , colors and everything!!! It's SUPERB!
Kisses
www.angelesalmuna.com
www.shopangelesalmuna.com
i love the alexander mcqueen tank. it is really wonderful!
www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com
Loving the mix prints...
Aghhkk, that tie dyed tank paired with that skirt is just perfect! :)
I love those colors!
You are so beautiful and unique.
http://karoline-secondhandnews.blogspot.com
The skirt is no longer on the forever 21 site. I really want it!
omg i love that skirt so cute!
i love the mix of patterns. gorgeous!
adore. and totally agree about the subway - and if I'm wearing something short, I never sit down.
great look!
This is love!
I have this skirt and up until now I have only worn it once. You have just opened up so many possibilities for me on how to style it!
Your style is awesome.
www.jemappelleshen.wordpress.com
Shen
Post a Comment