6.09.2010

{ costume of the day } best night ever

last night's coach collectibles launch party ~ held at the brand's magnificent madison avenue flagship store ~ was easily one of the most memorable moments of my life! i've got a whole other post in the works featuring pics from the event, but first things first: what i wore:

such a special occasion called for a super special ensemble ~ ie: high fashion-pressure potential! luckily, designer josie natori generously offered to make me the custom dress of my dreams. how could i refuse?!

we collaborated on the design, which was engineered to reflect my style signatures, josie's expert specialties, and of course, the look of my bag. thus, the keyhole shoulders (a personal favorite, seen regularly in my glamourwrap designs), the lush, exotically printed silk (a natori trademark), and the intricately seamed lantern sleeves ~ whose hidden architecture precisely mimics the curved construction of my coach tote.

{ tom ford sunnies, the glamourai + josie natori custom dress, the glamourai ring, custom coach belt, miu miu swallow brooch, the glamourai for coach bag, badgley mischka shoes }

i felt easily chic all night long ~ and also like the luckiest girl in the world! in an attempt to give back a small portion of the overwhelming good fortune which has been bestowed upon me, i'll be re-teaming with josie natori to auction off this very-dear dress on ebay, with 100% of the proceeds going to women in need, a new york organization that provides housing and job training to homeless women and their families. stay tuned for more details!

72 comments:

jemina said...

you look uber gorgeous as always, wish i was there, xoxo

Celine said...

That dress is stunning - as are you

flnw.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I don't know if that dress would fit me, but I want to know when it goes up for auction. I've been searching everywhere for a dress with sleeves like that. I am so desperate, in fact, that I am thinking of pulling out the sewing machine & all the necessary tools, which is no small feat let me tell you.

You look gorgeous.

Congrats on the bag AND dress collaborations. Wow!

http://blog.nickienoel.com/

Art and Clasp said...

Stunning! Love your plan to auction it for charity, what an inspired idea :)

Unknown said...

Love it! Seriously head to toe it's flawless - and I kind of think of SATC2 when I think about it - maybe in a desert scene ;)

KeepItFvncy,
M.E.

Emilie said...

Congrats on the bag design again, you deserve everything! Well done!
And your outfit is fantastic!
x

Hilary said...

Lovely ensemble, lovely cause! I appreciate your incredible eye for style and your interest in more that what that entails. By the way, I love your new side-burns...it gives a new take on the pixie cut, which is becoming more and more popular.

Can't wait to experience the rest of your Coach evening!

www.hilaryinspired.com

Anonymous said...

what a perfect way to celebrate this amazing night,,,,,, with a CUSTOM DRESS!!!!!!!

You make it look good my dear! CONGRATS AGAIN on these great acheivements.

xo, Kim www.crowded-closet.com

Jeanee said...

Love the outfit!

Belle de Couture said...

Gah, you looked ah-mazing! That dress is mesmerizing and looks so perfect w/ your belt, ring, heels, and of course your awesome bag! (: (FYI, your bag is my fave of the bunch btw...just love the bucket style and the color). Can't wait to see more pics && especially excited to hear more about how to win your dress! It's fab!

xx
Jen

http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

ClosetConfections said...

I'm a new-ish reader, and I was fortunate enough to stop by the event last night. I didn't get a chance to say hello, but your bag was easily my favorite (and one of the store clerks agreed)! That dress is amazing, and congrats on your success.

Kendra
http://closetconfections.com

i'm B. said...

the dress is perfection. you look gorgeous. what an incredible occasion.

Anonymous said...

You looked absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on all of your success. Thank you for inspiring us all daily. xo Mish


www.themishdish.com

Amy Jo said...

gorgeous, unique dress. i love that it is going to good use afterward as well!

Amy Jo said...

gorgeous, unique dress. i love that it is going to good use afterward as well!

Cubicle Chic said...

Hi Kelly! It was so wonderful to meet you last night! You looked amazing, and it's great to read more about your outfit. I didn't realize that the dress was custom made - it's absolutely stunning. I look forward to it being auctioned. I don't think it's quite my size, but maybe ... :)

In case you're interested, we posted pics of the event at cubiclechicblog.com.

Congrats again on the bag!

Best,
Meredith

FASHION SNAG said...

I love the dress and the heels! x

www.FashionSnag.com

Revital said...

you look amazing! this dress is perfect for your figure!

Contact said...

wow! i dont even know where to start! i love everything about your ensemble.. the swallow is a nice touch and the dress itself is so flattering and looks comfortable! congratulations, you all deserved to be honored last night!

<33
heelsandinspiration.blogspot.com

T said...

that dress is amazing - right up my alley

Secondhand Stella said...

I love love love your outfit! The dress and the belt are amazing.

Daphne said...

You looked amazing! So bummed that I couldn't be there. Everything about this is perfect, and your hair is better than ever.
Congratulations, dear!
xo

Charmalade said...

I have to be a bit cliche here when I say faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous! I didn't even notice the belt until I looked closer, then I loved how its pattern played with the dress' pattern. Amazing!

Toast with Charmalade

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly!

You looked marvelous at the Coach Collectibles event last night (and so did your bag)! Even though we only got the chance to meet you ever-so-briefly, we think you're such an inspiration... especially your jewelry design.

Here's Cubicle Chic's recap of the event:http://cubiclechicblog.com
We had a blast! Can't wait till our paths cross again.

xo
Lindsay

Mairyliscious said...

i'm impressed !!!

Amy said...

You look beautiful. I love everything but especially the ring!

Das What She Said said...

It looked like so much fun and I totally wanted to go but had to work! :(

http://daswhatshesaid.blogspot.com/

Caddy said...

That is a GORGEOUS dress!!!!!! A great outfit!!!!

Pretty Shiny Sparkly said...

Love the dress, and your big heart!

Unknown said...

This is such ab amazing dress...I am in LOVE!!..Into my inspiration folder it goes!
I have to say that your style is always sooo inspirational, and I am so happy for you for all the great things that have happened to you because you weren't afraid to follow your dreams!!
So basically I have to thank you for not only inspiring me in fashion, but also in passion!!

Laura said...

I love your dress it's fabulously amazing... and auctioning the dress of is a wonderful idea.

Anonymous said...

the dress is absolutely gorgeous!!! the material is so beautiful! and the design. the team you were made a wonderful job. the shoes are perfect with it and it is a great initiative to sell it to donate. I don't know
whether I would have been able to part from such beauty with these nice memories with it

http://www.iletaitunefoisundressing.com/

bravegrrl said...

gorgeous!

Lorena said...

I have no words.
You look fabulous, comfortable, confident, chic !

Mel said...

Do you love yourself so much that you hire a photographer to follow you around, and find excuses to spend more time in the mirror? Just curious.

Sophie said...

Wow, you look amazing! What a dress! I love it! You and Josie should start producing it! Dose Josie has a blog or a website? If not – she should!:)

Btw, congrats on the bag!

Best regards
Sophie♥

franki said...

You look fabulous as always - the dress is fantastic! Also, I LOVE that ring! xxx

Anonymous said...

wow, very chic I have to say! looks great on you! love love the grey bag!

Chelsea said...

congrats on the bag!
the dress is beautiful and the shoes, gorgeous! you look great!
how fun to be able to collaborate in the design of your dress....and bag too! :)

http://maritimeshopaholic.blogspot.com

The Beso Team said...

Wow, you have impeccible style. The dress is absolutely gorgeous and you wear it well. The shoes are the perfect compliment for the dress.
Dana
The Beso Team

Grit and Glamour said...

The dress (OMG), the ring (I want), the belt (so cool)...you looked fantastic. Good for you and congratulations!

Brigadeiro said...

Absolutely stunning dress!

Natalie said...

I had not read a word of your post before I instantly though... WHERE did she get that dress?! I have to have one like it!!! I should have known, Glamourai, that it was ALL you! Congrats on your official launch and all your success! Can't wait for the eBay auction!

Jen said...

You look RIDICULOUSLY amazing-- holy moly! I think you were the best dressed and accessorized to perfection!

Une étincelle de mode said...

oh wow!!!

http://etincelledemode.blogspot.com/

Beckerman Girls said...

WOAH Kelly!! You look fierce, gorgeous, sexy & outta control fabulous!!!!!
Wish we could've been there to party & celebrate with you at the Coach party!
ps. We are lovvvinn our Glamourai bag!
xoxo Beckerman girls

Tugba said...

I soooo want the dress :)


http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/

http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/

http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/

http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/

http://tugbaseckin.blogspot.com/

Jasmin said...

Wow! Gorgeous!
I love the whole outfit too!
those shoes are really nice they look so elegant!
and the dress is so chic!
=]

Searching for Rosebud said...

Missed the blogs last week but this post made up for it! AMAZING! The whole look is Glamourai perfection. Congrats on your Coach bag launch.

Islandia Lane said...

you look stunning! What a great dress and look all together. I wish I could've made it by the event but working late and trying to catch museum mile deterred me! maybe I should have gone with option B - glad you had a amazing night! Can't wait to read more about the event.

Insomnia said...

Loving the ikat print and the swallow <3

Nedda Ebo said...

Gurlllll. That dress is bee-yoo-ti-ful. Lol, seriously, I love it. You did a great job with the designer. And same goes for the coach bag! Congrats on everything xx

Mustart

Keira Lennox said...

You look beyond gorgeous! I love all of the subtle details, and the dress is amazing. And your coach bag is my favorite of all the blogger collaborations :)

Unknown said...

The outfit is perfection ~ wish I could've been there to celebrate with you... see you soon love! xx

Viv said...

Beauuuuutiful! that is a perfect dress for you.

Copious Couture said...

Wow you look incredible! That dress is you in a nutshell... [well as much as i know about you from your blog] haha... didn't want to sound too creepy like I "know" you super well ! haha

Hope you enjoyed your evening!
Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

.. Jennifer .. said...

I like it!! Very bold and sexy.

Jennifer from oohfancythat.com

Erica said...

You looked absolutely beautiful! That dress is gorgeous.
www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you look fantastic. love the custom dress. it is "easy chic" and love the miu miu swallow on it. and of course, I love the TF sunnies ...I have them as well, they have become my absolute favorites

C said...

great dress but that ring is gorge. congrats on your big night.

http://bigsizeonasmallbudget.blogspot.com/

Kera said...

i don't know if i've commented before. probably not, because you are too stylish and i'm just a mom in her pajamas. but just know that i think you rock, and that dress is fierce. it's something i would wear if i ever had the opportunity these days. gorgeous!! xx

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say I briefly saw you at the Coach event and you were stunning...what a BEAUTIFUL dress (I was thinking I couldn't wait for u to post about it to see where it was from!!)...congrats on everything, u so deserve it, girl!!! :)

Leia said...

gorgeous!

Liz said...

you look beautiful! the dress is stunning! congrats! :)
LIZ

Lady San Pedro said...

Love the dress!

MELISSA Z. said...

I'm in love with your sandals! Great dress too, amazing print!

www.abitoffashion.com

ana said...

I love your sunglasses!!!!

the Citizen Rosebud said...

A wonderful dress, and it does so suit you. Most beautiful however is you sharing your good fortune. Bless you.

Valerie said...

Really nice outfit. It looks beautiful on you :-)

Anonymous said...

That dress is lovely--so incredibly chic. It looks like you ladies had a great time!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads

Jennifer S. said...

Your dress is so very pretty!!!

Jen
http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

GFS said...

That dress is simply devine! I wish I had it!