5.21.2010

{ the fab four } polkadotorama

big thanks to everyone who sent in photos for the polkadotorama costume challenge!
i received over 75 entries; it was nearly impossible to narrow them down to just four. i wish everyone could win! for the sake of objectivity, i brought in several of my most stylish friends and family members to help narrow down our finalists. here they are, in all their spotted splendor:

{ contestant one } duckalicious

{ contestant two } dreamecho

{ contestant three } amy ~ who really needs to start a blog!

{ contestant four } chloe

who do you think deserves to win the $150 credit to shop.theglamourai.com? let me know in the comments ~ using either their name or contestant number! voting will close next friday, june 28th at 12pm (EST). good luck ladies!

266 comments:

1 – 200 of 266   Newer›   Newest»
sandie said...

I like dreamacho's and her pose!

Rebecca Jane said...

All of these are great but I love Amy's look.

Chris Wolfgang said...

No. 2. It looks like the only one I could conceivably wear out! :D

Jennifer [Aspiring Fashionista] said...

My vote goes to Chloe!

Laura said...

I vote for Amy! she's dynamite! love that matching necklace

Tip said...

#2 dreamecho is my favorite spotted combo! loove the layering!

acute angle said...

Ohh!! All are lovely!!

But I LOVED: { contestant two } dreamecho

Anonymous said...

Dreamecho!

Hal E. Liebling said...

Number 2 for sure, I love the pants.

HALCOHOLIC.com

Lorena said...

#2, Dreamecho! I can totally see her wearing your creations too.

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

InnyVinny said...

I vote for Duckalicious! And how cute is Amy?!?! Start a blog!

Anonymous said...

Dreamecho for sure.

Katie said...

I vote for Amy! I love the colors in her outfit!

Jasmine said...

#3!!!!

Lindsay said...

#2, Dreamecho

Alina said...

Duckalicious!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

#3 has my vote, but the all are interesting.

Dorky Medievalist said...

#1 Duckalicious. Bonus points for mixing in stripes.

Madeleine Bliss said...

#2 dreamecho!

Copious Couture said...

#2 should win!!! I love that outfit... very stylish!

Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

duckalicious said...

can I vote too? not for myself of course :D Dreamecho is my favorite!

Angela said...

#1! love it!

grace said...

duckalicious!

Anonymous said...

#1

Knitting-twitter said...

nr. 2 is the most stylish one.. ciao ciao C

Anonymous said...

#1 goes to #1 for sure!!!

Krvava Meri said...

Duckalicious. :)

KCoolest said...

#2 is super!

Lorena said...

CHLOE !

DCGal said...

#2

Elizabeth said...

Dreamecho! :)

Vickie Laliotis said...

Duckalicious, definately!

xx

www.adventuresinfashion.ca

princess_of_mars said...

#3, Amy!

JillianEve said...

#1 !!!

jj said...

All ladies are really spotty nice, but I love Dreamecho's dotty ensemble :)

Market Publique said...

I vote for #3! Adorable!

Unknown said...

Go DreameCho!

darnie said...

#3 Give her the prize and she may get inspired to do a blog!

Stephanie said...

I love number 4!

Unknown said...

Definately dotty about Chloe!!! No>4 it is.

the Citizen Rosebud said...

wow. they are ALL so amazing! LOVE them all. However, I'm voting for #3, Amy. I like all the things going on, including that button/collar thing-y-majig. And she really should start a blog.

Vee said...

Amy for the win!

Anonymous said...

3!!!!! Amy is oh so precious and the necklace is perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

CHLOE wins by far!!

GlamMa said...

No. 2!

kelli@beso.com said...

Love #3- Amy!

Anonymous said...

CHLOE- you're so POLK-A-DOT-ALICIOUS!!!! XOXO FILTHY G

arianne said...

chloe!

Anonymous said...

I love Dreamecho's outfit, it's totally awesome look and very well put together! Duckalicious comes in a very close second.

Joanne said...

hard to choose between dreamecho and amy. i would wear both styles.

Delia said...

Chloe!

justin said...

My vote...110% Chloe. She's working those polkadots!

Laura said...

#3 for sure!

Anonymous said...

My vote is:
#4. Chloe
Super fresh, super cute. Madonna'esque, blond ambition tour.

Searching for Rosebud said...

#2 should win. She looks like she is straight out of a Dries Van Noten shoot, great dots and great mixology.

Sarah Elizabeth said...

#3 and she can use the prize money to to start her blog. Even if its free : )

Anonymous said...

#3 <3

Anonymous said...

chloe

Yesenia said...

#3 amy :)

Anonymous said...

I vote for #3 :)

Rose said...

Amy. Hands down.

Karibou Corp. said...

I love Chloe's leggings!

lrsboulder said...

Contestant 2 - Dreamecho!

Beckerman Girls said...

Definitely CHLOE!!!!

Anonymous said...

amy.

Anonymous said...

Contestant two: dreamecho!

Nycteris said...

Contestant TWO!!!

Anonymous said...

Number 3 for sure!!! beautiful

FASHION SNAG said...

#1 is my favorite!

www.FashionSnag.com

Unknown said...

Definatly #3...love everything about it..specially the necklace!

LaurenSchoon said...

The first one, hands down.
http://champagneandmarshmallows.blogspot.com/

Celine said...

Love them all but I particularly love # 2!

flnw.blogspot.com

elvia said...

I vote for Amy.. love the colors on her outfit.. Nice!!!

A Shopaholic is loose said...

Yay... MORE DOTS! I love it!!! ;-D

BIG HUG from
A Shopaholic is loose...

Unknown said...

I vote for Chloe. Her polka style is classic beauty..

Marta said...

Dreamecho!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katy said...

Love 'em all but I'm gonna have to say #1.

Anonymous said...

amy!!!!! yet i applaud dreamecho's look/pose.

maryeb said...

So much inspiration! Sorry I can only pick on favorite.
Duckalicious.

Kelly Valentine said...

My pick is #3, that's the most wearable one in my humble opinion...

I love all the Iris Apfel stuff you've been posting lately!!

http://glamourous-spirit.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

#3! I especially adore her belt... and that necklace is Amazing!

Anonymous said...

THREE!!!!!

muffy said...

Chloe!! #4 all the way xo

Anonymous said...

Chloe!!! for sure!!

Unknown said...

Amy gets my vote, my fave.

colette said...

chloe all the way

Anonymous said...

Chloe :)

Jewlz Bailey Inc. said...

I LOVE CHLOE BECKERMAN'S POLKA DOTS!!! CHLOE ROCKS!!!

Caddy said...

I love the shots of numbers 1 and 3! But I'd go with 3 if I had to pick only one to win. :D

LACY said...

AMY!!!! luv her style, so effortless :)

A Gluten Freestyle said...

Definately Amy! And yes, she needs to start her own blog going by the amazing outfit!
x

bonjour, blanket! said...

They are all amazing...But my vote goes to Amy!!!

Like Square Polka Dots (Caroline) said...

I love contestant one's outfit! All were really great though, the outfits are so whimsical and fun.

Unknown said...

any judging criteria?

#1 contestant looks like kate winslet and her outfit's very you, right down to her choice of shades. quite 'safe' cos it's chic and not inyourface 'weird', for lack of a better word.

#2 - i like the way she layered the tops and the entire silhouette works.

#3 - unique. not an immediate crowd pleaser but grows on me.

#4 - the mono colours are safe, like the outfit colours of #1. the loudness is fun. not something i'd attempt personally, tho.

style is subjective so my opinions are also purely based on my own preferences. they say fashion has no rules anyway :)

Unknown said...

AMY ALL THE WAY. AND SHE REALLY REALLY REALLY DOES NEED TO START A BLOG!

Melanie said...

Contestant 3!! That necklace, my god it's amazing.
she needs to start a blog and tell us where she got it.

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn said...

Polkalicious

Anonymous said...

#3
it's the one that is the most original. All the others I could do

Lafayette said...

Dreamecho all the way!

Anonymous said...

Amy of course!!!! there's so much going on in her outfit, i just loved it!!!

CurvyGirlChic said...

Amy!!! gorgeoussss--love that she played with colors!

xoxo

tee said...

Number 3! Amy!

Dada said...

Amy. Love the colours, the casual feeling of the photo, how she incorporated different polka dot patterns without overwhelming the ensemble. Just...everything. That necklace deserves honourable mention.

MooiVintage said...

Amy ROCKS. Great pose, fine styling and fab belt too. She should visit my Etsy shop for more cool vintage belts;-) And have I mentioned her pout, work it girl!!

http://www.mooivintage.etsy.com

Rachel Tanski said...

ooh, number four. so many spots, but it doesn't look costumey. love it.

Anonymous said...

Chloe!!!!! Cause she's rocking it! And it looks Henry holland-ish!

Melanie said...

dreamecho (cool blog! totally unique & most beautiful style!) and Amy (stunning - you NEED to start a blog)

Anna said...

Contestant 3! Love your blog more than any other one. xo

MELISSA Z. said...

Cool outfits but my fav lok is the first one! Great! <3

www.abitoffashion.com

emily said...

definitely chloe, i'd wear that out!

Angela said...

J'adore number 3: Amy

Insomnia said...

Number one! Absoutely adore her look.

Laurenlyons said...

Definitely contestant #2, a very unique approach.

Danielle Hession said...

Chloe is the polka dot queen!!!! I vote for contestant 4!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Chloweeeeee alllll the wayyyyy!!!!
G xx

Francesca Tulk said...

Definitely 2 !

this free bird said...

#2 - Dreamecho!! Those pants are going to haunt me! LOVE

http://thisfreebird.blogspot.com

lorenabr said...

Great looks:)

FishyKissKnits said...

Definitely Chloe - she's so polkadotty and gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Number 4 without a doubt.

Unknown said...

Love #3

Anushka said...

Love Duckalicious! Her style is AMAZING!

Tomma said...

The third one (Amy) is my favourite. You're right, she should start a blog. But the others look amazing, too.

LookinFab said...

I vote #1!

Anonymous said...

numero 3!

~Britt

Flaf said...

#1! :D

T said...

dreamecho gets my vote

i'm B. said...

I vote for #3 because her combo was actually the most unique from all yours. She maintained her OWN style within the challenge. The bright colors are gorgeous and she looks beautiful in them.
But all the girls look amazing. I'd love to see all 75 just for fun! Would you show us? Give the others their 5 seconds of fame! :)

chicfaced (Megan) said...

Amy! What a beauty! And where or where did she get that spotted robe?

Michelle said...

Contestant #2, Dreamecho

Anonymous said...

3!! amy!!

Robert Beckerman said...

Chloe gets my vote. Love her.

Anonymous said...

Number 2 Dreamecho for sure.

accidentallydomesticated said...

AMY AMY AMY

Anonymous said...

i love this outfit!

Vivian said...

Contestant 2 because her outfit seems to have a greater point-of-view

Julie Anne Rhodes said...

Duckalicious... she looks so hip, and gets extra points for the name.

Anonymous said...

dreamecho (#2) really stands out.

Anonymous said...

Definitely No.4 -- she's awesome!

woooooooooooo said...

OMFG -- number 4 all the way!!

Anonymous said...

#3!!!

Sailor Jamee said...

#2 is the most creative in my opinion.

monique said...

#1! love the accessories and all the polka dots mixed with the striped stalkings.

O HAI said...

#2, love her pose, love her pants.

Anonymous said...

#1. Duckalicious.

Unknown said...

contestant #1! come on down to the price is right

Emma said...

Contestant #3, Amy. I love the colorful neck adornment that looks to be made of... huge buttons?

Laura said...

I love Amy and dreamecho and if i could vote for them both I would but I can't so when it comes down to it I choose #3 Amy.

Anonymous said...

Chloe! #4 definitely.

wolken.frei said...

#2. love it.

Anonymous said...

CHLOE CHLOE CHLOE! I VOTE CHLOE #4!

Angie said...

#1

Amy said...

I love contestant two's look, it's something that's flattering and I could potentially envision myself wearing.

Anonymous said...

Chloe!

phantasnight said...

amy :D:D

Anonymous said...

Chloe!

stina honey said...

chloe!

Anonymous said...

No.2: Dreamecho

Anonymous said...

#4, chloe!

Anonymous said...

#2!

Anonymous said...

Contestant number 2, Dreamecho

Polona said...

Duckalicious <3 love it! ;)

laurelbis said...

Me encanta el ingenuo #2 !!
Bss

Brie said...

duckalicious fo sho

Libellulea said...

I vote for duckalicious! <3

Oh my Dior! said...

great selection of prints love it!!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

Unknown said...

the first one! duckalicious!! so cutesie!

Ali said...

#3 - Amy. The polka dots come as a surprise, after you've seen the bigger outfit picture.

Unknown said...

Great group! My vote goes to #3, Amy.

Anonymous said...

Dreamecho is amazing

Gwen said...

#2 by a mile: totally unforced and elegant.

Anonymous said...

Hands (and polka dots!) down ... CHLOE for the win!! So cute!

natalia said...

Amy! She mixes in tons of colour with the patterns and it still comes off as fresh and fun instead of being loud.

Kelley said...

number 2!!

Anonymous said...

contestant three - amy! magnificent

Sartirical said...

Three for sure. So glamorous and yet effortless at the same time!

Unknown said...

#2!!!! All the way!

Love Simone said...

#4 Chloe!

Meghan said...

Numero three all the way!!

Anonymous said...

Chloe! She is so spotty and dotty. Great style. Lots of energy. Beautiful smile. Love it.

Erica said...

Amy all the way!
www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

contestant 3!!!! amy!!!!

Anonymous said...

duckalicious! number one! she is soo lovely :)

Ivana said...

I think #2 - but everyone did an awesome job

Emma Lavelle said...

number 3 amy - who definately needs to start a blog! xx

mia buttinelli said...

#3!!! she is the only one who incorporated some real color in there.

Alli XT said...

I can't decide between Dreamecho and Amy - both of them look amazing.

Anonymous said...

dreamecho!!!

Angelica said...

Amy Amy Amy n2 !!!!


http://angystearoom.blogspot.com/

sarah said...

No2 Dreamcho, as the girl screams pick me pick me pick me.
She rocks the look.

Anonymous said...

3!

athena said...

All of these ladies look fabulous, but my vote goes to #3 Amy!

matt's little sister said...

I love contestant number two...Just beautiful...xx

Keira Lennox said...

I can't imagine how tough it was to narrow down from 75 entries, because I'm having trouble choosing just among these four lovely ladies! But I think my vote goes to dreamecho... Love the flowy look of all of the pieces.

emily said...

dreamecho!

her getup is really exciting and daring, even though i'd probably be too shy to wear it myself.

Liesl Morris said...

#3

Her look is so cute! Kind of reminds me of Anthropologie.

Anonymous said...

dreamecho... it's kind of 70s

Anonymous said...

#3! I love that she brings color to the polka dot trend, rather than the expected (ever classic) black and white.

Anonymous said...

#3!!! amy is adorable! I like the subtle use of the dots.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 266   Newer› Newest»