it's no secret that i love leopard print. i've always said that it's my favorite neutral; indeed, i believe it goes with almost anything. usually i use it as an accent, but because i felt so fierce in my leopard dress and matching coat at lady gaga's monster ball, i'm starting to think that head to toe is the way to go.
luckily, i need look no further than lanvin's recent pre-fall 2010 collection for encouragement. inspired by 'the leopard lady' ~ a real-life parisian woman who dons these dots day and night ~ designer alber elbaz delivered a lineup of looks that had me at meow:






don't you just love how the lanvin girl always looks like she shops everywhere from bergdorf goodman to goodwill?! better yet, this brand new collection feels like the flirtier, frothier sister of givenchy couture circa fall 2007:


{ all images via style.com }
luckily, i need look no further than lanvin's recent pre-fall 2010 collection for encouragement. inspired by 'the leopard lady' ~ a real-life parisian woman who dons these dots day and night ~ designer alber elbaz delivered a lineup of looks that had me at meow:






don't you just love how the lanvin girl always looks like she shops everywhere from bergdorf goodman to goodwill?! better yet, this brand new collection feels like the flirtier, frothier sister of givenchy couture circa fall 2007:


{ all images via style.com }

37 comments:
Leopard print is my absolute favorite and I have a rather large collection of my own!
I could see you in any or all of the Lanvin collection. Perhaps Alber Elbaz was channeling the Glamourai when designing this collection!
Leopard print is lovely! I go weak for it.
These outfits are a dream-- rawr for leopard print!
Have you ever seen this artwork by Steffi Schuetze? She does amazing work, a lot of which revolves around fashion. http://miss-matzenbatzen.blogspot.com/2010/01/lanvin-pre-fall-2010.html It's love.
http://charmalade.blogspot.com
Leopard print really does go with everything! I'd kill for a jacket like the Givenchy ombre one!
I agree with the first comment, I could see you in any of these!! Cute.
the lanvin collection was totally made for you!
scissorsanddolls.blogspot.com
i adore leopard print. wish i had enough to wear head to toe! love the collection :)
GORGEOUS
these photos are flawless
beautiful inspiration
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for your sweet comment, i really do appreciate it!
-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com
oh my gosh, that is totally insane. so beautiful and extravagant. xx
I love, love, love a good wildcat print...on lingerie, shoes, outerwear, the perfect high heel, or a cardigan. But it has to be a well-imitated leopard spot, as in your photos.
Love love love the leopard. I also love the idea of a girl being "frothy" :)
I have a vintage jumper like that one in my shop. I think i may need to take it out for a test wear...oops.
GORGEOUS....Love leopard!
I've never really considered leopard print before but this collection is pretty fantastic, it might just convince me otherwise!
I love all animal prints- I'm an equal opportunity animal print wearer. Great idea for a themed party- animal print party!
Leopard print is my absolute fav. I am obsessed in wild trends:D
Thx for an inpiration:)
um. total effing fabulosity. and those aren't even words. that's how incredible this all is.
alice d.
hm, I think now you MUST stop by.
www.leoparddress.blogspot.com
xx susanne
you are ab. right- leopard is totally a neutral
Yes leopard, I justchallenged myself to wear the print 5 days straight on my blog and I STILL didn't get enough, lol.
Reminds me a bit of the ever-fabulous Shania Twain in full leopard print, even a hood, with a bare midriff in her music video for "That Don't Impress Me Much".
I really want a leopard coat now.
Just plain Beautiful. You are right about that they look like they shop just about anywhere.
<3 stella
I wish I were brave enough to wear head-to-toe leopard print! It looks incredible! :)
http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/
DANG to the very last one with dip-dye black.. dang, I say.
Beautiful.
xx, lightssobright.blogspot.com
I love leopard in 'almost' any form of fashion... its stunning.
www.spoiltforstyle.blogspot.com
saw this pix and had to share with you...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kQKSH7T2mv0/SihA5NM3lFI/AAAAAAAAA8E/E1A8FsCQwOQ/s1600-h/alaia_group
im a leopard fan myself and these are definitely MEOWTASTIC!!!
thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
thesoundoflace.blogspot.com
Waowww !! (or should I say Miaowww ??!!)
It looks fantastic, even if I thought complete leo look would be too much, it seems that Albert changed my mind ! I've got to find a skirt like one of these !!!
Flo.
http://medinmode.wordpress.com/
I could never pull off that kind of look. But I do think that animal print is pretty.
lOVELY SHOOTS!
XOXO
Irene's Closet
http://ireneccloset.blogspot.com
Lanvin has such a great taste
I also love leopard print :))
http://www.ohmydior.org/
I was just thinking this morning about how I would like to live die and be buried in Lanvin! If only my pocket book could accommodate me! And I can't believe I don't have more than one leopard piece...more, I need more!
wow this collection looks incredible!!
satinsugar.blogspot.com
OMG. Yes! This would make a great theme party, @norawoah!
My fingers have been itching to make a blog entry drooling over Lanvin's Pre-Fall 10 as well. Positively divine. The animal print was used perfectly.
You stated the reason I love Lanvin to a tee! The Lanvin girl looks like a total thrifter! They always create looks that remind myself of my own thrifted style except with the most amazing pieces.
* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *
xoxoGlamourai
Post a Comment